Topic for a Research Writing Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly. I earned my degrees from an accredited university. What about you?

and so did I. No courses are easy. Maybe I exaggerated about my English professor. My original English professor's syllabus said 1 book & 1 report per week and a research paper. I do not have time for that because computer science & engineering majors are hard and I had to focus on it more. I switched to another English professor because his syllabus said two 8-pages research papers for a semester and that's it. Our English department required 16 written pages per semester per student.

Choice 1 - 1 book & 1 report per week and a research paper
Choice 2 - two 8-pages research papers in a semester (this sounds like an easy class but the catch is - attendance is mandatory and he is a hard-ass grader and a nitpicker. If your sentence is poorly constructed or if you have about 2 grammar mistakes, he will trash your paper. if you miss about 4+ classes - he will fail you.)

If you're a masochist, go for Choice 1. If you're a smart student.... well you're smart enough to know what to pick :cool2:

Jasmine - have you decided yet so far?

and so did I. No courses are easy. Maybe I exaggerated about my English professor. My original English professor's syllabus said 1 book & 1 report per week and a research paper. I do not have time for that because computer science & engineering majors are hard and I had to focus on it more. I switched to another English professor because his syllabus said two 8-pages research papers for a semester and that's it. Our English department required 16 written pages per semester per student.

Choice 1 - 1 book & 1 report per week and a research paper
Choice 2 - two 8-pages research papers in a semester (this sounds like an easy class but the catch is - attendance is mandatory and he is a hard-ass grader and a nitpicker. If your sentence is poorly constructed or if you have about 2 grammar mistakes, he will trash your paper. if you miss about 4+ classes - he will fail you.)

If you're a masochist, go for Choice 1. If you're a smart student.... well you're smart enough to know what to pick :cool2:

My question was not addressed to you.

Back on topic, pleae.

Doberman, Rottsweller, and Pit Bulls are fighters and very occasionally used at junkyard, meth lab, mob's HQ, and of course, drug seller's house.

I don't see pit bulls on K-9 team. I've seen Doberman, Rotts, German Shepard, Lab, Golden Receiver, and no pit bulls.

Doberman, Rottsweller, and Pit Bulls are fighters and very occasionally used at junkyard, meth lab, mob's HQ, and of course, drug seller's house.
Don't worry about these crackheads. It's just a stereotype.

I don't see pit bulls on K-9 team. I've seen Doberman, Rotts, German Shepard, Lab, Golden Receiver, and no pit bulls.
because Pit bulls are too small for K-9 team. Pit bull are commonly used as guides for disabled people. They're too adorable and lovable.

I saw ZERO guiding pit bulls.

I only see collies, labs, german shepards, and huskies. But Pit bulls, too freaking rare and I LIVE IN HUNTINGTON BEACH.

Perhaps that blind guy is a cocaine seller.

I saw ZERO guiding pit bulls.

I only see collies, labs, german shepards, and huskies. But Pit bulls, too freaking rare and I LIVE IN HUNTINGTON BEACH.

Perhaps that blind guy is a cocaine seller.

:laugh2: Plenty of pit bulls around here and a few in my condo. They're very lovely and quiet.

Oh wow, I certainly didn't mean for this thread to get so crazy. I have decided on a topic, cloning. It seems interesting enough, and personally I am intersested in the idea. I see both sides of cloning and plan to write on the account of both. Would you guys be interested in seeing my final work once it is done? I would love the feedback before I turn it again.

You are right, this thread it's self could turn into an essay. All the different views. Thank you all for your help.

didn't you forget? NJ = a very hostile anti-gun state

Well, that's gay.

How else will you protect yourself against robbers?

Do you have "live-in" Police standing by?

Cloning leads to mutants. The next X-Men is coming soon if Cloning is allowed.

Oh wow, I certainly didn't mean for this thread to get so crazy. I have decided on a topic, cloning. It seems interesting enough, and personally I am intersested in the idea. I see both sides of cloning and plan to write on the account of both. Would you guys be interested in seeing my final work once it is done? I would love the feedback before I turn it again.

You are right, this thread it's self could turn into an essay. All the different views. Thank you all for your help.

:laugh2::laugh2: Stick around long enough..... you'll see that ANY threads will go crazy. and yes I'd like to see your final work. What are the requirement for this research paper? Since you have a whole semester to do it - I imagine it's at least 8 pages double-spaced with minimum 4 sources.

Double space is a waste of paper.

But that's for first draft, because Teachers want to talk bad about your essay.

Well, that's gay.

How else will you protect yourself against robbers?

Do you have "live-in" Police standing by?

Cloning leads to mutants. The next X-Men is coming soon if Cloning is allowed.

exactly... very gay, right? I can't even defend myself in my own home if I shoot at robber as I would be liable for civil lawsuit. But I wouldn't worry about criminals around here. It's a very safe area. My condo has many security cameras and 3-4 security guards on duty so I wouldn't worry. Police response time is usually less than 5 min.

Better than California.

Around here, it's best to not sleep. Hahahaha. But then in several remote area, it's safe, then again, sometimes it's not.

So gay that the Police around here might be potheads because it's legal in California now.

But I still love the Police, they'll come just because I called and said, "help." in a soft whimpering voice.

Don't worry about these crackheads. It's just a stereotype.

because Pit bulls are too small for K-9 team. Pit bull are commonly used as guides for disabled people. They're too adorable and lovable.

We are decidedly off topic again, but do you have a link for that?

I'd be very interested in seeing your finished work, as well as any rough drafts you would care to share. You have chosen an ambitious topic that should provide you with a wealth of information from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back