Topic for a Research Writing Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine4lakshmi

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Yesterday was the first day of the new semester. My class is Research Writing. My assignment is to find a good debatable subject which will be interesting and different. Some topics others have told me:

1. Deaf Culture and the Hearing Culture
2. Cloning
3. Pittbull Dogs
4. Gay Adoptions

What do you think is the best subject? If you have any other suggestions I am open to ideas. :)

ma'am, they're still today's common of debate subjects. Gay Adoptions is really hot topics in this state, California.

Well, what about same sex marriage? Oral vs ASL? The life of Jasmine [smirk]? Money issues by economics burst? McCain v Obama?

there are hottest topic is going on: same sex marriage.

ma'am, they're still today's common of debate subjects. Gay Adoptions is really hot topics in this state, California.

Well, what about same sex marriage? Oral vs ASL? The life of Jasmine [smirk]? Money issues by economics burst? McCain v Obama?

there are hottest topic is going on: same sex marriage.

I have seriously thought about the gay marriage and gay adoption. A family member of mine took in a very abused child. He was a fantastic dad to this child, stable, had a great job, and great dad qualities. However, the child was taken away because they found out that my family member was gay. It sucks, he has no kids, and wants them.

Wow, thats really tough times for him and i hope he able to overcome the negatives. He gotta to stand up and prove 'em wrong that he is capable of. Thats today's society about same sex to adopt kids. They (outside of society) afraid that it will affect them to become similiar sex as grow as gay or lesbian even bi. I, myself believe that kids have a choices to make decision. I know it is tough but they gotta to built up what they have in their lives.

I have seriously thought about the gay marriage and gay adoption. A family member of mine took in a very abused child. He was a fantastic dad to this child, stable, had a great job, and great dad qualities. However, the child was taken away because they found out that my family member was gay. It sucks, he has no kids, and wants them.

3 words - what..... the..... fuck? :mad2:

You might want to do Cloning. It's a growing concern - "Would you eat cloned meat/milk?" Currently - the law does not require meat industry to label their product as cloned. the only way people would know for sure (almost) is to buy USDA-approved product. As of now - they said cloned meat is indiscernible from real meat in terms of DNA but of course... people do not care and this whole thing of cloned meat is scary and unknown. A few studies have shown that cloned offspring have higher chance of birth defects than traditional offspring so that's probably what irks the people - some long-term DNA mutation in humans.

You ask - what's with this cloned meat? and what for? You can produce as many quality meat as you can. The breeder/owner of champion bull sells the sperms. The scientist/breed infuses the gene to surrogate mother. Result - you'll have a duplication of another champion bull and then you release champion bull to females to produce offspring. That offspring go to slaughterhouse. They won't slaughter cloned bull because it's a whopping $20,000 bull.

Advantage of cloned bull and offspring - immunity to certain disease and/or ability to produce more milk

Most everyone I have talked to thinks I should use the topic of cloning since it is a growing trend and it affects alot of people.

Jasmine4lakshmi,

Well, are you wanting to cover a controversial topic or doing a poll? You didn't say when it's due, but your best best is to cover what issues are discussed at both the DFL convention, as well as the GOP convention in my hometown. There are a number of news outlets and blogs on each that cover it to the nth degree. My personal favorite news website is CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News or go to one of the television stations in the Twin Cities to see what's going on, KSTP.com - Twin Cities News, Weather, Sports, Health and Politics from 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS.

Hope that helps!

Something extremely fascinating that has impressive arguments on both sides so it would give room to create a very compelling debate- college instructors appreciate and reward this higher education expression toward a deate topic. This has plenty of 'grey' area which allows for wonderful debate and supplying convincing data. if interested I can give good resources and direction for research

Most everyone I have talked to thinks I should use the topic of cloning since it is a growing trend and it affects alot of people.

why not? It's a good topic. My answer to this is - sure why not? If it tastes the same, looks the same, everything's the same (DNA-wise), why not?

After all..... I'm not going to live long enough to suffer from some kind of DNA mutation problem :cool2:

Hi everyone. Yesterday was the first day of the new semester. My class is Research Writing. My assignment is to find a good debatable subject which will be interesting and different. Some topics others have told me:

1. Deaf Culture and the Hearing Culture
2. Cloning
3. Pittbull Dogs
4. Gay Adoptions

What do you think is the best subject? If you have any other suggestions I am open to ideas. :)

Pit Bulls.

Phew, who'd knew the only way to unlock their jaw if they locked is to poke in the butthole and wiggle your finger until the pitbull has released.

That or kill it is the ways to unlock the powerful dog jaw of the canines.

Perhaps you researching on pit bulls could help people learn how to defend, attack and read the behavior system of a pitbull.

It's a great research, me thinks because I live in Huntington Beach and it's filled with pitbulls. I think Pit Bulls should go to school as a requirement to be disciplined and trained.

Other subjects are very common and I can't think of ways to "help" the deaf/hearing, cloning, or gay. You see, they are all related to "racism" and "human rights". Too much to worry about if it offends people, even your teacher if he's deaf, hearing, cloned, or gay. He's not a pit bull and that's for sure.

Anyways. GOOD LUCK.

interesting.... I'm not sure if the angry pit bull appreciates being violated

do the debate on jillio and jiros ongoing fued hehehe youll get plenttttyyyy of material *chuckles*

Pit Bulls are naturally angry.

They are also aggressive and alert. They will attack if they are violated.

One question, can school train them or are they untrainable for it is their legacy to rape and kill?

Pit Bulls are naturally angry.

They are also aggressive and alert. They will attack if they are violated.

One question, can school train them or are they untrainable for it is their legacy to rape and kill?

pit bulls are the most loyal, they have to be trained to attack in my opinion, my first dog will be a pitbull *hate the deed not the breed!!!*

pit bulls are the most loyal, they have to be trained to attack in my opinion, my first dog will be a pitbull *hate the deed not the breed!!!*

World number one most stubborn dog - Pit Bull

number two - Husky

number three - Babyface

I understand your love for pitties. I have friends who have them and I had two until they were murdered by my neighbor. My views on the situation is neutral. Some are good, some are very bad. I heard that pitts turn mean because their brains actually never stop growing, so after awhile it's like brain damage. Who knows. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back