Tom Selleck accused of stealing water during drought

The picture of his house showing the green lawn is from 1995.

Drought shaming Tom Selleck

Then, another source:

An aerial photo from the real estate site Zillow this week did not show the property as “particularly lush”, with a swath of “fairly dense” trees and shrubbery and “plenty of brown grass”, Courthouse News Service reported. It was unclear when the photo was taken.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/08/tom-selleck-california-drought

:dunno:

What will get hard to tell from the air is what green is growing and what is artificial. It seems artificial grass is catching on.

Weather forecast predictions show a massive El Nino year coming our way. Suppose to be bigger than the 1997 one.

:confused: The water dept said he stole it. Which story is true?

An official says water that actor Tom Selleck has been accused of stealing from a public hydrant in dry California was legally purchased.
Actor Tom Selleck has been stealing truckloads of water from a hydrant for his 60-acre ranch and avocado farm in California, according to a lawsuit filed by a water district.
I REALLY don't get it. Doesn't he have water at home? If so, why would he purchase water elsewhere? Or he stole water somewhere else because he's poor?

zdiYHgM.jpg

:confused: The water dept said he stole it. Which story is true?

I REALLY don't get it. Doesn't he have water at home? If so, why would he purchase water elsewhere? Or he stole water somewhere else because he's poor?

zdiYHgM.jpg

Go read article again so stop questioning us.

When there are severe drought conditions city government forbid watering lawns, washing cars, etc..

Whether he did or didn't does not affect my life; But it might effect other Californians.

When there are severe drought conditions city government forbid watering lawns, washing cars, etc..

Whether he did or didn't does not affect my life; But it might effect other Californians.

The drought is effecting you if your grocery store get their products from California , the cost of fruits and veggies has gone up a lot in my store.

Poor Tom, he get lot of hater and jump by bring torch and pitchfork. Then report later... so late. Now, reporter make us look like ass....

Go read article again so stop questioning us.
I DID! There are mixed stories reported. RR's link and Reba's link tell different stories. I already quoted them from both links. Read them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cmon lets leave ol magnum alone...not like hes hurting anyone..hes just growing avacadoes, and what ever...

Cmon lets leave ol magnum alone...not like hes hurting anyone..hes just growing avacadoes, and what ever...
Well, since the drought issue, water must be preserved for fire, our showers, laundry, dishwashing, toilets, etc. He stole water for himself. What an asshole he is!

Know what? His avocados will die anytime soon unless it's an avocado business. The new law states that as long as it's for business, it's not affected. What bothers me is that why didn't he use water at home instead of stealing water from a hydrant? I know I know I know because he doesn't want to pay fines under the new law. Oh well, he got caught. LOL

Well, since the drought issue, water must be preserved for fire, our showers, laundry, dishwashing, toilets, etc. He stole water for himself. What an *nuked* he is!

Know what? His avocados will die anytime soon unless it's an avocado business. The new law states that as long as it's for business, it's not affected. What bothers me is that why didn't he use water at home instead of stealing water from a hydrant? I know I know I know because he doesn't want to pay fines under the new law. Oh well, he got caught. LOL

Businesses are subject to water restriction too.

Many states killed the water rights but California is one of several states that remain the water rights.

Back