Tom Selleck accused of stealing water during drought

Well, since the drought issue, water must be preserved for fire, our showers, laundry, dishwashing, toilets, etc. He stole water for himself. What an asshole he is!..
Note, the title is accused of stealing water, not convicted of stealing water. The case has not yet been resolved.

Note, the title is accused of stealing water, not convicted of stealing water. The case has not yet been resolved.

He had paid for the water for years and still pay for the water with the water truck(s) to deliver to his ranch. He was accused by someone else who were not familiar to his being at the water plant with the truck(s).

For now, just leave him alone. :roll:

He had paid for the water for years and still pay for the water with the water truck(s) to deliver to his ranch. He was accused by someone else who were not familiar to his being at the water plant with the truck(s).

For now, just leave him alone. :roll:
The water dept sent its investigator who reported it as a theft. A hydrant belongs to the city.

Here it goes...

https://time.com/3961053/tom-selleck-water-settlement/

Now can you tell me that he stole water?

Let me help you.

Tom Selleck has paid $21,000 to settle a lawsuit that alleged he took water that didn’t belong to him from a Southern California water district.

Yeah...he stole the water and got fined for it...over $21,000...and no, he wasn't watering his "avocadoes".....

Being a "celebrity", he got off loosely...:giggle:...one of us?...Our arses would be in jail....

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/16/california-water-tom-selleck-lawsuit Good , I am glad the jerk got fined but it does not help replace the water he stolen.

Your link did not work for me I read this one.
Thanks for the update link.

"The board’s acting president, Thomas Slosson, said state and local law prohibits taking water outside a district’s boundaries.

The ranch, in nearby Westlake Village, is just outside the Calleguas area.

'Underpinning these laws is the concept of basic fairness,' Slosson said after the closed-door vote. 'That is, residents and businesses within the district – the rightful users of district water – paid for the construction, maintenance and operation of the public works necessary to meet their water needs, not those of other landowners outside Calleguas’ legal boundaries.'

Slosson said Selleck has agreed to pay the district $21,685.55, which covers the cost of hiring the private investigator.

District officials said water was taken from the hydrant more than a dozen times over two years and that they sued after a cease-and-desist order was ignored.

The public works director for the city of Thousand Oaks recently said the water was paid for.

Calleguas’ general manager, Susan Mulligan, said Wednesday night that didn’t matter because it is illegal to take water outside the district, paid for or otherwise."

From what I understand, that means Selleck had already paid for the water, and that the settlement was for the investigator's fee, not the water. The dispute wasn't so much about the water but about the location of Selleck's property. That is, if Selleck lived in that district there would have been no charge against him.

If and when this discussion takes off in a different tangent, just remember that the water restrictions, at least here in CA, deal strictly with drinking water....

Well...hes always magnum to me..
(Raises eyebrow twice looks back to red farrari.....wearing weird 80s flemingo shirt...)

He was my "heart throb" back in the 70's...had a poster of him on my wall...I actually "swooned" over Tom Selleck...:lol:...he's gotton older and fatter now tho'...(so have I...:giggle:)...and his wife, they've been married for years,,,she's still too skinny....:roll:

I saw a fire hydrant in my city had been open the ground was wet right near it, don't tell Tom is stealing water from my city too. :giggle:

I never understood what all the fuss was over him and I never watched any of his shows .

Thanks for the update link.

"The board’s acting president, Thomas Slosson, said state and local law prohibits taking water outside a district’s boundaries.

The ranch, in nearby Westlake Village, is just outside the Calleguas area.

'Underpinning these laws is the concept of basic fairness,' Slosson said after the closed-door vote. 'That is, residents and businesses within the district – the rightful users of district water – paid for the construction, maintenance and operation of the public works necessary to meet their water needs, not those of other landowners outside Calleguas’ legal boundaries.'

Slosson said Selleck has agreed to pay the district $21,685.55, which covers the cost of hiring the private investigator.

District officials said water was taken from the hydrant more than a dozen times over two years and that they sued after a cease-and-desist order was ignored.

The public works director for the city of Thousand Oaks recently said the water was paid for.

Calleguas’ general manager, Susan Mulligan, said Wednesday night that didn’t matter because it is illegal to take water outside the district, paid for or otherwise."

From what I understand, that means Selleck had already paid for the water, and that the settlement was for the investigator's fee, not the water. The dispute wasn't so much about the water but about the location of Selleck's property. That is, if Selleck lived in that district there would have been no charge against him.
What bothers me is why he needed water from somewhere else while he has water at home. Did his water system break down? :hmm:

Back