tired old scare tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding speed, Jillio A would have the advantage. But Jillio B would still have access to the same research in different formats.

And, just being able to access the research does not mean one is educated. One has to be able to read it, understand it, synthesize it into their knowledge base, and then apply it to be educated. No computer in the world will do that for you.
your last part is not quite relevant. We're talking about 2 same Jillio. Both are educated, can read it, understand it, synthesize it into their knowledge base, and apply it to be educated.

In this case which you admit - Jillio A would have a significant advantage over Jillio B.... hence a Digital Divide.

your last part is not quite relevant. We're talking about 2 same Jillio. Both are educated, can read it, understand it, synthesize it into their knowledge base, and apply it to be educated.

In this case which you admit - Jillio A would have a significant advantage over Jillio B.... hence a Digital Divide.

Only an advatage of speed, not an advantage of being educated.

Quite frankly, I see numerous cases of the computer and access to the net actually preventing a true education. One example, the quick fix reliance on a link to what someone else has to say or what their opinion is, rather than actually researching the topic, learning something about it, and forming their own educated opinion.

Quite frankly, I see numerous cases of the computer and access to the net actually preventing a true education. One example, the quick fix reliance on a link to what someone else has to say or what their opinion is, rather than actually researching the topic, learning something about it, and forming their own educated opinion.

so Jillio A would make a quick fix reliance on a link to some opinion site rather than actually researching the topic?

so Jillio A would make a quick fix reliance on a link to some opinion site rather than actually researching the topic?

That isn't what I said at all. Not even remotely close.:cool2:

All she said is Jill A would have the advantage in term of speed.

However... she brought up that just because you have the advantage, it doesn't means you will use it.

However... she brought up that just because you have the advantage, it doesn't means you will use it.

Thank you.:ty: Someone with the ability to read what is written rather than attempt to insert other meanings for their own agenda.

Wouldn't that "speed" (all things considered equal) allow that person to reach their goal more quickly. Isn't that the same argument that was used for an able-bodied person using SSI for attending school rather than working their way through school?

Wouldn't that "speed" (all things considered equal) allow that person to reach their goal more quickly. Isn't that the same argument that was used for an able-bodied person using SSDI for attending school rather than working their way through school?

No, not necessarily. And quickness has virtually nothing to do with the quality of an education.

No, that isn't the argument used for SSI to attend school. SSDI is permantly total disability. It's purpose is not to provide for vocational or educational rehab.

Have they ever done that? Before computers, no one really went to the library to get their informations either.

Anyway, I know a lot of people who do not to use the computer for anything. Work of the devil, they call it.

Wouldn't that "speed" (all things considered equal) allow that person to reach their goal more quickly. Isn't that the same argument that was used for an able-bodied person using SSI for attending school rather than working their way through school?

But that person got Usher's syndrome.... meaning they will lose vision and or hearing. Some lose complete sight and complete hearing with it, depending on what kind of Usher's syndrome it is.

Another variable that was accounted for in that debate.

Have they ever done that? Before computers, no one really went to the library to get their informations either.

Anyway, I know a lot of people who do not to use the computer for anything. Work of the devil, they call it.

Well, I don't know about the people you associate with, but I know plenty of people that utilize the library resources....both before and after the computer revolution.

You are correct. Many people don't even own a computer, and many that do use it only for entertainment purposes, not educational purposes.

But that person got Usher's syndrome.... meaning they will lose vision and or hearing. Some lose complete sight and complete hearing with it, depending on what kind of Usher's syndrome it is.

I am talking in general......Not about that person. That argument was given before the relevation....

Just sayin :shrug:

And the argument was for SSI, not SSDI. Two different programs with two different intents.

They just get their info. from other people, especially on politics. You'll be surprised how many people never went to a public library. So, I don't see how computers made it worst.

Argument was made in post 150.......revelation in post 183

They just get their info. from other people, especially on politics. You'll be surprised how many people never went to a public library. So, I don't see how computers made it worst.

I can.

And coming from a house that was pretty strict in what we were allowed to have... (like I never got a cellphone until I was 19 or 20) and so on....

Computers can make it worse because it adds more distractions ontop of the already existing distractions.

Argument was made in post 150.......revelation in post 183

where? we didn't break 100 posts in this thread yet. or is my radar off? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back