Tipping System

None of the fast foods here charge extra for condiment packets.

Reba said:
None of the fast foods here charge extra for condiment packets.

No extra charge for packets? :eek:

I withnessed when I was at Mc Donald for the breakfast with my family in Australia. The customers grabbed full of packets, small jars of jams/marmadles and save it for take home. No wonder it's gratis.

Here in Germany, no... They gave us each packet to which favor we like. If I want extra for myself then I has to pay extra. My hubby and I order anything including packet and then give packets to my children to have extra sauce. I think what German did is right because I would not do that if I'm business woman and let packets and jars for people to grab for gratis... :eek:

I noticed if you get food to go from Arby's or something they put about 10 packets of BBQ or Kethcup or whatever. I just save it for when I have none.

Soonersseth said:
I noticed if you get food to go from Arby's or something they put about 10 packets of BBQ or Kethcup or whatever. I just save it for when I have none.
Same here.

Liebling:-))) said:
No extra charge for packets? :eek:

Here in Germany, no... They gave us each packet to which favor we like. If I want extra for myself then I has to pay extra. My hubby and I order anything including packet and then give packets to my children to have extra sauce. I think what German did is right because I would not do that if I'm business woman and let packets and jars for people to grab for gratis... :eek:
The fast foods here don't charge for extras, but they also don't leave the condiment packets out for grabbing. The customer usually has to request more, and then the counter person gives it to them. That way reduces waste and theft.

Reba said:
The fast foods here don't charge for extras, but they also don't leave the condiment packets out for grabbing. The customer usually has to request more, and then the counter person gives it to them. That way reduces waste and theft.

but they do charge salad dressing if the customer wants extra....

I was surprise to hear some Deaf people do not tip their waitress or waiter when they eat at a restaurant...I've always tip them no matter if it was a bad service, but if it was a good service, I would tip them extra...

I used to be a waitress too when my dad own a restaurant and my dad doesn't pay any of his waitress 2.75 an hour, he pay them between 4.00 to 6.00 an hour....I even have a friend who works at Denny, and she pay 5.00 an hour as a waitress..

I believe every waitress and waiter deserves a tip!

diehardbiker65 said:
Sure I do, usually I get free coupon for next meal and not having to pay for the meal that I object. Always works if you open your mouth. Most business owners knew the importance of customers satisfaction. Failure to do so will hurt his or her business very easily. They knew negative word of mouth gets around faster than positive word of mouth, that is why they are very careful with customers satisfaction.

Same principle with Wyndsuckertell. They refused to focus on customers satisfaction and needs. Their business plummet like Niagara fall! Wynd is struggling to get the customers back, and I don't think they can ever recover 20 millions dollars losses. On other Hand T-mobile was so focus on making their customers happy by giving credits to customers (they lost millions of dollars already) for great Sidekick blackout. Their business have not dropped much!

True! They would do something when you open your mouth... German resturants or guesthouses are worried about their reputation either the foods are good or not, that's why waitresses/waiter ask every customers either foods are okay or not.

^Angel^ said:
I believe every waitress and waiter deserves a tip!

I understand this is America custom which different as Europe. We don't have tipping system for resturants/guesthouses in Germany and also other countries, too.

Liebling:-))) said:
I understand this is America custom which different as Europe. We don't have tipping system for resturants/guesthouses in Germany and also other countries, too.

But you do tell them to "keep the change" after paying your bill.

How is this not "tipping?"

Pvt. Parts said:
But you do tell them to "keep the change" after paying your bill.

How is this not "tipping?"

Yes, but it's not same as US tipping system. US tip waitress/waiter for their servers between 15% and 30% in America.

I told them to keep the change something like that when the bill saying $29.00 or $29.50 etc. I paid $30 and told them to keep change. Would you call it kind of tipping? It's only voluntarily to ask them to keep the change.

Leibling, Pvt Parts was asking you: WHY and FOR WHAT PURPOSE do you say, "Keep the change"?

Tousi said:
Leibling, Pvt Parts was asking you: WHY and FOR WHAT PURPOSE do you say, "Keep the change"?

I already answered his post about "keep the change"? :confused: I already explain him the example about keep the change.
I told them to keep the change something like that when the bill saying $29.00 or $29.50 etc. I paid $30 and told them to keep change. Would you call it kind of tipping? It's only voluntarily to ask them to keep the change.

It's up to waitress either she want keep little change from me for herself or not.

:confused: please correct if I'm mistake.

Leibling, you are only saying you tell them to keep the change. We are asking you WHY you say that? Simple as A, B, C.....I don't know any other way to ask you this question. Again, what is your purpose in telling them they can have or keep the change? Thanks..........

Tousi said:
Leibling, you are only saying you tell them to keep the change. We are asking you WHY you say that? Simple as A, B, C.....I don't know any other way to ask you this question. Again, what is your purpose in telling them they can have or keep the change? Thanks..........

Well said!!!

Tousi said:

I know what I am saying, thank you.

Now I repeat you again:
Of course I told the waitress to keep the change because I do not need any changes back.
Simple is say to them:
"keep it"...
Friendly face waitress:
"thank you"....

This is very very very simple...

Because you do not need any change back???? Well, then please send me all of your change for the next 30 years, please and thanks! :mrgreen:

Tousi said:
Because you do not need any change back???? Well, then please send me all of your change for the next 30 years, please and thanks! :mrgreen:

:eek: Never mind. :)

That is not same with Americans who pay % tipping separately from bill. Example: The bill shown $29.00. I paid $30 to friendly waitress and told her to keep the change because I do NOT require $1 back.

Got it?

Back