Times you Disliked Being Deaf/HOH

When I'd meet a hearing girl who happened to like me, then she'll notice my hearing aid, and go something like "Ew. What is that in your ear" or all of a sudden stop talking to me and walk away, or both. Happened a few times when I was a virgin teen, and I wished I wasn't HoH then. Now that I think about it, it's funny how it happened. :)

Well look at it this way... it filters out the ones you don't want to bother with anyway...

Just an idea, but maybe you could learn online and collect video phone numbers from local deaf people and talk to them on a regular basis. Do a potluck once in a while at your home or other's homes. Taking it slow, one day at a time, one year at a time.

Thanks. Maybe sometime in the future.

:wave:

Fuzzy

When I'd meet a hearing girl who happened to like me, then she'll notice my hearing aid, and go something like "Ew. What is that in your ear" or all of a sudden stop talking to me and walk away, or both. Happened a few times when I was a virgin teen, and I wished I wasn't HoH then. Now that I think about it, it's funny how it happened. :)

well think of other way is to save your neck that this girl is no good for you anyway. right? ha.

Oh,man,that's rough. I do know hearing aids are such a turn-off to the ladies. I dont care and I look at them in public for my pleasure.:cool2:

I like to watch tv while Im on the internet like Im doing right now. When nothing good on tv, I read on internet, and then something good on tv, I miss it. That sucks!

When I'd meet a hearing girl who happened to like me, then she'll notice my hearing aid, and go something like "Ew. What is that in your ear" or all of a sudden stop talking to me and walk away, or both.

This could go two-ways.

Either this girl is uneducated and could be reformed once she is educated on the subject of hearing loss, because people often react this way
when they are scared of unfamiliar.
How can you educate them?

Well if you care, you may want to find an interesting article about deafness and print it out, approach the girl in private and saying
I've noticed you got putt off by my hearing aids so I wanted you to learn something about people with hearing loss" - something like that.
If she is decent, she'll behave appropriately.

Or she is a dumbass, if she is you are missing NOTHING.

Fuzzy

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I like to say FBI and pretend that I'm receiving messages.

Hmm.... Mostly that during the time whenver there were group conservation, I so much wanted to hear what my classmate was speaking about, ugh...that was HARD to follow up what they were saying. I just nod and smile at them.

But the positive part of this I no longer get involved in those group conservation, It is pointless for me, because all they speak about rubish thing that I already heard before.They just like to make up big story from small incident.

Solution. ;)

Seriously, though, yeah I'd be wary of walking in some places because I won't hear someone behind me. I agree with you on that one.

Yeah...that's a big fear of mine. I never go outside after dark by myself and if I'm at work and I have to make a dumpster run I always wait until it's light out before. I hate it when people sneak up on me and I have no idea they are there. It may be funny to YOU a hearie...but for a Deaf person it's quite scary. I was outside on my smoke break sitting down on the cement curb and had no idea a co-worker had creeped up on me in his truck and was sitting there waiting for me to move so he could pull in to park. I don't know how long he'd be sitting there or if he moved his truck to alert me he was there but my reaction was rather priceless and embarrassing to say the least. The moment I saw something move to the side of my vision I whipped my head around and found myself staring at this MONSTER truck...christ it was huge :giggle::shock: and had no idea who the hell it was until I looked into the drivers side. I know I looked scared...:eek3:but heck, what do you expect when you do that to a Deaf person dude? Next time...roll down the window and wave at me. Especially if its in a truck that large. I felt like a bug next to that thing...:giggle:

yeah...being creeped up on by anyone scares the tar out of me. I don't care who you are. just DON"T do it. :cool2::wave:

I guess as a child, maybe 6/7 i wish i was hearing because I used to say to my mum when I grow up I'm not going to be deaf anymore and a man............ Hahaha the weirdness of six years olds.....

In group convos thats when I wish I was hearing, especially with colleagues.

Back