Those threads have to be stopped

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
Someone like me has to step in and say something about those threads. A several AD members and I don't want to hear about "Bad news about something happens to families, friends, and animals in injury or death" Alex or someone has to create a sub forum for "Breaking News" or something.

Am I a bad person to say something like that?

U mean u dont want those threads in "General Chat"?

i guess u dont have enough compassion for others. What happened with being understanding?? Remember they are going thru hard times or at their lowest point of their struggles or lost their loved ones and this is the thanks they get? *scoffs*

i guess u dont have enough compassion for others. What happened with being understanding?? Remember they are going thru hard times or at their lowest point of their struggles or lost their loved ones and this is the thanks they get? *scoffs*
Wait a minute, you jumped to the wrong conclusion. By the way, yeah I do understand but those threads are belong to Current Events forum. When am I supposed to tell them but damn almost every day, something is going to happen to us.

Current Events are intended for,
Happenings around the world, deaf news, know what's going on around you.

General Chats are intended for,
The most popular deaf forum. A place for off topic discussions and polls, deaf chat, just about anything one wishes to speak their mind about.

I am sorry for being a jerk ass but something has to be stopped.

Well you know how it is with attention whores.
My opinion is that members felt that they had to post in general chats whereas most of people re in there more than other forums. So they want to get all attention as much they can.

Good feedback thou.

Wait a minute, you jumped to the wrong conclusion. By the way, yeah I do understand but those threads are belong to Current Events forum. When am I supposed to tell them but damn almost every day, something is going to happen to us.

Current Events are intended for,

General Chats are intended for,

I am sorry for being a jerk ass but something has to be stopped.

Read the fine print under General Chats careful "anything you wish"

How about a "Personal Notes" section?

The problem is, we've been having a lot of these threads lately. It doesn't really do much for anybody here to click the latest threads only to see dozens of bad news all at once. It's rather depressing. I do have compassion but I just think they are better off in a more personalized section of the forum. In fact, I think it would be wise to make it a private forum so that way, the public eye can't get a hold of it. Only the members can read it.

Just a thought.

Read the fine print under General Chats careful "anything you wish"
Don't twist with those words. Read this exactly print, "just about anything one wishes to speak their mind about"
Do you know what this mean don't you? Let me educate you, A wish is a hope or desire for something.

As I said earlier, just suggest to make a sub forum or something.

I semi-agree on this. There has been an awful lot of "bad news" threads lately, and they generally do get pinned or in the way of other threads. I do think that anyone has the right to post news important and dear to them, however, there seems to be a practical need for a subforum. I think Banjos "personal notes" thread is perfect.

There's a vote in the suggestions section of Alldeaf for a subforum that deals with birthdays, bad news, ect. You can check there and see what's up.

I have to agree with you, DefMarix. I felt these are too personal to been told. And yet, I don't bother to look up. I'm interest on something being fact to discuss or give opinion than rather help like if it's 411 service.

Maybe someone want to make themselve feel better. *shurg*

Well, this forum is for sharing informationa nd etc like that...

People do need support to through anything like death, etc even want everybody in here to know what's up with them. We have the right to sharing about everything in our mind, heart, life, etc like that. If we rather it to be private then we wouldn't say something in here..

PowerON, you are wrong. It's not only about "getting better". It's about Support, Sharing The News, etc like that.

Well, this forum is for sharing informationa nd etc like that...

People do need support to through anything like death, etc even want everybody in here to know what's up with them. We have the right to sharing about everything in our mind, heart, life, etc like that. If we rather it to be private then we wouldn't say something in here..

PowerON, you are wrong. It's not only about "getting better". It's about Support, Sharing The News, etc like that.

yea i agree with u

But still I do agree that there should be a separate place from "General Chat"-- I do not come here to hear that your pet has died. I come here to find a discussion-- how could you discuss about injuries or death? "Hmm, maybe you should go with an oak coffin?" (sorry for being insensitive, but this may get my point across..)

Some people are not strong enough themselves to read such sad news-- so those threads should be put in a different catergory for people who are strong enough to read and HELP other people by clicking to read sad news/threads.

I just don't want to see the general chat getting flooded with pets, sick relatives (who may turn out to just have a stomach flu or whatever).. I am not that close to y'all and I am not entirely up to read everybody's sad stories. I want to talk. I want to read an interesting thread.

Fair is fair.

I noticed that there alot of personal and sad news in General. I think its a good idea to add a new sub forum for personal info. and support like "Personal News" or "Love, Tears and Joy" or some other headline title so people know what's for and if interested, can read personal info. and give support there.

Back