This looks cool

Found da youtubes. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb61PbhVYQY]YouTube - ‪3D Express Coach .mp4‬‎[/ame]

No subtitles, but much of what's been said is already in the news article anyway.

Thank you, Naisho. This youtube of the 3D Express Coach answered all the questions we have been asking about it. But to me it still going to cost a lot of money like I said in the other thread. I wish he would give us an idea how much it would cost to build and put some obstacles along the roads. I don't know. :dunno: We will find out more hopefully from our news to tell us about the new 3D Express Coach. China is becoming advance more than Japan with this new technology. Very expressive. :hmm:

china spending $$

I would not be surprised if china pulled this off. If this were a USA concept I would dismiss it as a pipe dream.
China has so much money these days the have trouble just spending it. Look at the olympics in Beijing, that was really over the top.
We canonly look on this with envy, the USA id powerless to match chinese spending. After all we owe china trillions of dollars in debt payments

I would not be surprised if china pulled this off. If this were a USA concept I would dismiss it as a pipe dream.
China has so much money these days the have trouble just spending it. Look at the olympics in Beijing, that was really over the top.
We canonly look on this with envy, the USA id powerless to match chinese spending. After all we owe china trillions of dollars in debt payments

Introduce yourself??

So, nothing innovative.

Just a trolley bus on steroids that borrowed its concept from the raised-platform rapid transit systems.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I wonder how can they turn left or right while they're driving under the bus, scary. It looks almost like a skybus like in Star Wars.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I wonder how can they turn left or right while they're driving under the bus, scary. It looks almost like a skybus like in Star Wars.
It seems like when you get to an intersection, all the traffic stops for the buses to turn. Then, with no buses left in the intersection, the cars are allowed to turn.

That's how it looked in the video.

I don't know what a car would do if they wanted to turn into a parking lot or driveway other than the main intersections. :dunno:

Slow down... wait for bus to pass.
That would clog up the traffic behind you, wouldn't it? I don't think the other cars behind could easily change lanes to go around you if they're under the bus.

Here's my translation of most of the highlights in the video:

He metions in the beginning China has 4 kinds of public transportation.. train, subway, regular bus, and BRT. This 3d bus will be very similar to the BRT concept and built to that method.

"We predict to for this to reduce 25-30% of traffic jams."

It can hold 1,200 people, every cart section will be able to seat 300 people.

Entrance in the "sky-door" with stairs up, compared to the regular bus method. It won't need parking lots, and while parked for passengers to get on, cars can still pass without waiting.

To prepare for this bus lane, 2 methods can be chosen:

We can lay the rails on both sides of lanes - this will preserve 30% of energy used. Or we can just paint two white lines and program it to autopilot the painted lanes.

Entrance is not only just the sky door, but will have the normal doors on the sides at stations (like subway and train doors), so the station platform can be varied.

This will be powered by electricity and solar energy. On the top we will have charging posts that will provide energy as the bus passes under the posts. (some which seem to be powered by solar energy: video).

The marquee banner on the back will inform cars in the back of the next distance for hurdle checkpoint coming up. There are lasers and ultrasonic rays that will deter the vehicles from hazards.

During turns at intersections, it will be able to go first before all other cars. The detectors will warn a car under the bus by flashing the lights if it is too close to the edge/checkpoints and keep them lined up on curved roads. (He notes it is similar to the BRT method)

During accidents - is self explanatory, you can see that it has escape doors built similar to planes.

We estimate this bus can save 860 tons of fuel a year.

We have already passed the first part of this concept and plan to get past the technical aspects of validation by the end of august. Beijing's mentogou district (see picture below) has already started planning the route for the project with 186 kilometers for our bus that will start at the end of this year.

250px-Mentougou.png

I finally watched the video about it...I get the picture how it manage with the traffic. The yellow and black thing looks a bit dangerous if a driver wasn't paying attention and would end up crashing into it under the bus or whatever. It seems that the yellow light flashes to warn to move a little bit.

It looks like it will have a top speed of 37 mph which is suitable for city express. They want to replace the buses that are bunching all over at the stations. Imagine 1200 to 1400 passengers in that bus. You can fit around 60-90 passengers in a average city bus. it's lot shorter than a 16 car double decker high speed train in Japan that carries around 1400 passengers.

He says it will run at tops average 40km/hr. So that sounds like mid 20's mph.

That's what he said in the video.. You can see it in the subtitles at some point, the number 40 in chinese too. :dunno:

Guess sources are confused or there's new info about.

Thanks for posting. I viewed the slide show pictures; looks interesting but not practical for many places.

only for major metropolitan area with many bridges, over/underpasses, etc. This won't work in NYC but underground system works better.

I finally watched the video about it...I get the picture how it manage with the traffic. The yellow and black thing looks a bit dangerous if a driver wasn't paying attention and would end up crashing into it under the bus or whatever. It seems that the yellow light flashes to warn to move a little bit.

It looks like it will have a top speed of 37 mph which is suitable for city express. They want to replace the buses that are bunching all over at the stations. Imagine 1200 to 1400 passengers in that bus. You can fit around 60-90 passengers in a average city bus. it's lot shorter than a 16 car double decker high speed train in Japan that carries around 1400 passengers.

the way our bus drivers drive? it's much more dangerous than this concept. the worst part? if we get in accident with the bus - we're held liable for it most of time because the law requires you to yield to bus but the bus drivers drive aggressively and each stop causes a traffic jam and/or accident.

only for major metropolitan area with many bridges, over/underpasses, etc. This won't work in NYC but underground system works better.
It looks like it needs lots of open space.

It won't work in Charleston.

We can't use subways either because of the high water table and low sea level.

That would clog up the traffic behind you, wouldn't it? I don't think the other cars behind could easily change lanes to go around you if they're under the bus.

I doubt they would put this in the area where there are many intersections. It would be mainly focused on straightaway. It's no different from our railroad system.

Back