This is making me so angry! ASD former teacher molested a minor right in her own home

If you read the article carefully, Julie is not accused of MOLESTING.. she is accused of sexually assaulting. Molesting and assault is two different thing.

the definition of sexual assault, if you look up in the wikipedia for the definition of sexual assault, it states "It has been said that sexual assault includes rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, child molestation and the torture of the victim in a sexual manner."

What Julie may have done may simply be just the inappropriate touching which may theoretically be just simply hugging a minor which may sounds so minor, which by law constitutes inappropriate touching in the eyes of the law officials.

We do not know what exactly Julie have done, but she is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but give her the benefit of doubt.

by the way, vamp, Julie does not have BA in Social Work. Check your sources again! :)

If you read the article carefully, Julie is not accused of MOLESTING.. she is accused of sexually assaulting. Molesting and assault is two different thing.

the definition of sexual assault, if you look up in the wikipedia for the definition of sexual assault, it states "It has been said that sexual assault includes rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, child molestation and the torture of the victim in a sexual manner."

What Julie may have done may simply be just the inappropriate touching which may theoretically be just simply hugging a minor which may sounds so minor, which by law constitutes inappropriate touching in the eyes of the law officials.

We do not know what exactly Julie have done, but she is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but give her the benefit of doubt.

by the way, vamp, Julie does not have BA in Social Work. Check your sources again! :)

According to source, it says "second-degree sexual assault occurred at Denno’s home with a 15-year-old boy"

second-degree sexual assault is:

* sexual intercourse or sexual contact without consent through the use or threat of force or violence, or
* sexual intercourse or sexual contact without consent which causes injury, illness, disease, or impairment of a sexual or reproductive organ, or mental anguish requiring psychiatric care, or
* sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a person known by the perpetrator to be unconscious or mentally ill or mentally deficient, or
* sexual intercourse or sexual contact without consent while aided or abetted by one or more person, or
* sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a person who is a patient or resident of an inpatient facility or a state treatment facility by a perpetrator who is an employee of that facility.
(source:Sexual Assault Laws)

The problem is, how do you do a background check on someone who may not hold any criminal records?

Right..this is a sad situation. Wait and see if she is proved guilty.

Last edited:

Good point and you're absolutely correct, we really do not know the entire facts to this story yet so I'm going to wait and see.

Good point and you're absolutely correct, we really do not know the entire facts to this story yet so I'm going to wait and see.

The differences don't matter. It was improper and it was wrong. That's really all I need to know.

The differences don't matter. It was improper and it was wrong. That's really all I need to know.

We dont know until she is found guilty. Suppose she was falsly accused? It can happen to any of us teachers and that is what makes this job scary sometimes. If she is guilty, then she needs her certification revoked.

Eww. Who'd have sex with THAT?

* sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a person known by the perpetrator to be unconscious or mentally ill or mentally deficient

maybe a mental ill boy find her very beautiful. :aw:

Good for you, but *I* prefer to wait and see how it goes and she hasn't been found guilty yet.

We dont know until she is found guilty. Suppose she was falsly accused? It can happen to any of us teachers and that is what makes this job scary sometimes. If she is guilty, then she needs her certification revoked.

Agreed. But the report also said that they have over 3000 text messages, some of them explicit, that were exchanged between her and some of her students. That doesn't look good.

Yep you're right about some teachers being falsely accused. I'm not saying this child may be lying, all I'm saying is I don't know the teacher or the student personally and I wasn't there when it happened.

Yep you're right about some teachers being falsely accused. I'm not saying this child may be lying, all I'm saying is I don't know the teacher or the student personally and I wasn't there when it happened.

Right..same here.

You're right. Sorry, knee jerk reaction.

The problem is, how do you do a background check on someone who may not hold any criminal records?

I agree, Banjo, that poses a new problem for any stuff with clean record. So that would be the first time offensive though. Psychology test sometimes indicates there may be something. But that may be difficult. Once the crime is commited, that would go on the record ever since. However that isn't good enough because it may traumatize the minors.

Granted, she's innocent until proven guilty, that I agree with.

About molest/sexual assault, we have no way of knowing more details on such thing because the court had sealed the details for time being. However I never like using that word "sexual assault" because it's more like "rape" to me.

Whoah....3 thousand text messages? Sheesh, what was she thinking? I guess she wants to be the "cool" teacher. I thought teachers aren't allowed to email, text message and whatnot because it's not professional.

3000 text messages? They're explicit?

Christ. Again, who would find her attractive to begin with? If she's found guilty, she'll likely register as a sex offender and hopefully that will teach her.

Wow, if you go to Google and look up her name... results are 3 and a half pages long.

Agreed. But the report also said that they have over 3000 text messages, some of them explicit, that were exchanged between her and some of her students. That doesn't look good.

It depends on how "explicit" is defined. it could be 3 messages out of 3000 that is explicit that were exchanged by BOTH julie and her student. It could also mean that her students may have sent her explicit messages.

Remember, the media LOVES to make a small situation a BIG situation and make things sounds worse than it actually is! :)

Then what did she major in?

why is it that important that the whole world need to know what she majors in? What she majors in is not relevant to this case.

How would u feel if you were in her shoes, the whole world knows she has been accused of this heinous crime, However when the times comes that she is found not guilty. The people will still remember her as someone that has been accused of sexual assault, no matter what.

Back