This is making me so angry! ASD former teacher molested a minor right in her own home

InsaneMisha

Reaction score
Even though I'm not shocked about molestation part however I'm so angry that all schools, deaf or public should do some serious background checks on the teachers, staff, etc before doing some hirings. This is truly disgusting. I really do feel bad for this minor who has to go through trauma and may have to testify against this teacher eventually.

Teacher At School For Deaf Accused of Sexually Assaulting Student - News - MSNBC.com (it has a picture of the teacher)

Teacher At School For Deaf Accused of Sexually Assaulting Student

WVIT-TV
updated 6:15 a.m. ET, Fri., Sept. 26, 2008

BRISTOL, Conn. - A former teacher from the American School for The Deaf in West Hartford is accused of sexually assaulting a student over a two-month period.

Julie Denno, 27, of Ballston Lake, N.Y., is accused of sexually assaulting the student at Denno’s Bristol home in December 2007 and January 2008.

Bristol police received the complaint in February 2008, investigated and obtained an arrest warrant. Denno was arrested Friday.

She was charged with second-degree sexual assault, and risk of injury to a minor. She was held on a $75,000 surety bond. She will be arraigned Friday in Bristol Superior Court.

School officials said Denno was dismissed months ago when the allegations were made.

The arrest warrant was sealed by the court.

:mad:

Damn it. She is sicko! She will get a sex offender register for sure!

Not only one person.
I heard few story arrest staffs at Maine school for Deaf, KY School for the Deaf and other Deaf school.
At MSSD, I knew few staffs did molestation our MSSD Students.

Not only one person.
I heard few story arrest staffs at Maine school for Deaf, KY School for the Deaf and other Deaf school.

I didn't say only one person. I'm aware of that has been happening in all over schools......DEAF AND PUBLIC schools. They need the background checks to ensure they have the clean records. Boston School for the Deaf as well before it was closed years ago.

I wonder if abusers of deaf kids think that deaf kids would be too dumb to report on it. :roll:

They take advantage of that communication barrier between the deaf and the hearing so the deaf children will have a harder time to report it.

Not only one person.

Austine School had the same problem. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if MOST of my friends from there were molested. :hmm:

They take advantage of that communication barrier between the deaf and the hearing so the deaf children will have a harder time to report it.

I was told the teacher is deaf.....

The problem is, how do you do a background check on someone who may not hold any criminal records?

The problem is, how do you do a background check on someone who may not hold any criminal records?
I agree. What about having psychology test or even lie detector test done on potential/current employees?

Even though I'm not shocked about molestation part however I'm so angry that all schools, deaf or public should do some serious background checks on the teachers, staff, etc before doing some hirings. This is truly disgusting. I really do feel bad for this minor who has to go through trauma and may have to testify against this teacher eventually.

Teacher At School For Deaf Accused of Sexually Assaulting Student - News - MSNBC.com (it has a picture of the teacher)

Teacher At School For Deaf Accused of Sexually Assaulting Student

WVIT-TV
updated 6:15 a.m. ET, Fri., Sept. 26, 2008

BRISTOL, Conn. - A former teacher from the American School for The Deaf in West Hartford is accused of sexually assaulting a student over a two-month period.

Julie Denno, 27, of Ballston Lake, N.Y., is accused of sexually assaulting the student at Denno’s Bristol home in December 2007 and January 2008.

Bristol police received the complaint in February 2008, investigated and obtained an arrest warrant. Denno was arrested Friday.

She was charged with second-degree sexual assault, and risk of injury to a minor. She was held on a $75,000 surety bond. She will be arraigned Friday in Bristol Superior Court.

School officials said Denno was dismissed months ago when the allegations were made.

:mad:

I noticed that you didn't add in between - the blue color sentence. :)

School officials said the safety and well-being of the students is their highest priority and that they act accordingly when situations occur.

...A former teacher from the American School for The Deaf in West Hartford is accused of sexually assaulting a student over a two-month period...
I can empathize ... glad it was only for two months.

really sicko.

Back