This is for Hearing aid users! Stay out of it CIers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
neecy said:
I had a good retort written out about her quote that we spout nothing but lies about our CI's but you know what? Its not worth it - because she won't even read anything that contradicts her beliefs, regardless whether they are factual or exist only in her mind.

You have been brainwashed by the oralists, you cannot do all that, HA and CI are the same. /end sarcasm

:cheers: good for you, I've been concidering going back and taking some classes now that I have an easier time listening. but I'm getting close to 50 and don't really know if I want to go back to school :dunno: :)

jag said:
You have been brainwashed by the oralists, you cannot do all that, HA and CI are the same. /end sarcasm

:cheers: good for you, I've been concidering going back and taking some classes now that I have an easier time listening. but I'm getting close to 50 and don't really know if I want to go back to school :dunno: :)

Thanks jag :) Its been a great experience so far.

Sweetmind said:
NEECY!!! You are CI users then stay out of it.. I ll see if moderator is gonna to remove you if not then it s double standards .
Sweetmind... You started the topic with CI-related information. So, this topic is definitely CI-related....
Deal with it.

OH before I go bed, I suggest you to read JILLO s many comments that I agree with her all the way.. She is totally right all along. I m so glad to have someone like Jillo with us all along. Blessing her love for her son very much that she is allowed her son to be himself as being deaf. I have so much respect for her since she is a hearing mother of her deaf son. ;)

I am hoping that someday I would love to meet her in person and have a good chat together. I love her already even I havent meet her yet.. Is that something? She made me feel inspired and make my day all the time.

Have a sweet dream! ;)
Sweetmind

Audiofuzzy said:
Uh-oh..

Again, the problem is your complicated English- neither fully ASL nor English.

Volcomskatz has asked you a simple question- was it too hard to just say YES?

before you start patronizing him or anybody else - YOU should read carefully what others write to you. because, lady, YOU understand very little.

Fuzzy

Yea, thanks for bear at me. :)

Sweetmind's Ghostwriter said:
You need to work on reading skills.. I encouraged you to read it slowly and trying to understand what I said.. if not then you know where to reach me. I ll be glad to help you out somehow if you let me. You need to read it careful.. I dont have to answer your question since you are an adult now. ;) I noticed many deaf oralist or oralism dont have a good reading skills that is a real problem for many d/Deaf children all along. They forced us to listen and lipreading that miss out too much. ;)

I do not believe anyone have the right to force d/Deaf children to be a hearing.. thats when the problem started from there. Thats why I stand up for Deaf children s right to have BI BI languages so that way they can have a good practice with reading skills and have the writing skills with their own true inner souls not by hearing s true inner souls. ;)

However you are not the only one who needs to have the reading skills. Those people need to read it careful before they attack me. That 's the problem.. They are being too defensive so I must have done something right all along. ;) They want me to shut up and not to tell the truth.. So they think they can namecalling me all along.. It s proven from Oralism /CI radical s attitude toward us d/Deaf people.

Thanks! ;)
Sweetmind
Interesting to hear this from "your" mouth. Put a big smile on my face...
One thing though...
You said "They are being too defensive so I must have done something right all along. " and your conclusion is completely wrong.
You do not get attention because you said something right, people are mostly correcting incorrect statements that you blurr out. Not to inform you any more, that has been proven useless a long time ago, but to inform other readers that what you wrote is incorrect.

Som it's not the as you asy "They want me to shut up and not to tell the truth", it's that they want you to actually read the posts that they write... and with that, we've come back to the start of you post... you telling that someone else should read, and not only that... you actually offered your help..

Unknowingly to you... you have a great sense of humor.. in a cynical way...

Last edited:
Cloggy said:
Interesting to hear this from "your" mouth. Put a big smile on my face...
One thing though...
You said "They are being too defensive so I must have done something right all along. " and your conclusion is completely wrong.
You do not get attentian because you said something right, people are mostly correcting incorrect statements that you blurr out. Not to informa you any more, that has been proven useless a long time ago, but to inform other readers that what you wrote is incorrect.

Som it's not the as you asy "They want me to shut up and not to tell the truth", it's that they want you to actually read the posts that they write... and with that, we've come back to the start of you post... you telling that someone else should read, and not only that... you actually offered your help..

Unknowingly to you... you have a great sense of humor.. in a cynical way...

Ha ha ha Not always.. You are such a big fool as usual. I have shown the fact that I put it on the table after I wrote it.. When I saw the url that relates to my comment and I said Bingo! It tells the truth all along as I did. You are still denying it anyway.. So what s your point! *RME*. Anyways, You have the ghostwriter Gnosism and other nicknames as well as I know it so. Why are you hiding and lying to yourself and others for ? you re just like Boult aka Mr Hoagie and other nicknames. Ummpph Scoffs!

I sticked with my nickname Sweetmind for years and years.. I have nothing to hide who I am. Let people see how much improvement I have tried to work hard on my writings that I am proud of my accomplishment since I dont wear Hearing aid and I finally learned ASL more than ever before. I was more exposed with ASL and my reading nowadays than in the past.. La la La!

Writing is not the only once for you to do.. It takes a lot of work to edit and thinking what or how I like to say. Also look up the dictionary to see if it s correct spelling or find a better word to use that fits into my writings.. If you mind. NOthing is easy to make it so perfect writing.

I was deaf oralist all along but now I am d/Deaf person that shows you that I did not lose my orally speaking. I prefer to use my hands to communicate with because it s true communication for me to think and share my opinion or thoughts whatever it comes out from my own true inner soul with someone. It s better than just having an orally speaking because no one is giving me a chance to have a good true communication with hearing people. Jeez! It s too limitation communication unless they know ASL. I will be thrilled to talk and challenge with them thats how you gain the intellectual skills. Thats what d/Deaf children needs that from the early age before they have any devices. So there! It s fair enough for d/Deaf children to adapt their own deafness.. I dont believe anyone have the right to force or pressure or punish them for not having to wear it. Scoffs!

I have no one behind me if you mind. I didnt feel ilke to edit this morning. I m not ashamed of my writing since I know I have been improved my writings all along. Some people applauded my hard work and practice with my writings .. I have noticed my mistakes in my writings in other posts. I learned from it that helps me to see the mistakes. Sometimes it s too late to edit. Oh well that s life. I dont feel bad about it since I had been wearing my deaf aid for many years but now I dont wear it since six years ago.. Thank goodness I dont have to carry on with me like CI stuck into the head.

I dont give a hoot anymore because You dont believe me.. Thats fine with me... Thank you so much, Cloggy for showing your evil bigotry attitude and degraded on my writing all the time. I have no respect for you since you are playing with people's mind all along behind people s no knowledge for what you have done in the email, other forums, and in chatroom.. I m not that stupid as you think.. You are very dishonest man I ever know. I m not gonna to lick your bittered sour lollipop. Thank you!

Also, I dont appreciate you are misusing some people who agreed with you all the time. They dont realize what they are doing themselves. I actually feel sorry for them. Some of them are not making any sense and lies about it.. Thats why I stood up and told the truth. Thats all to it. I dont give a damn about CI because it s not gonna to change my life or being a hearing person that you want me to.. Scoffs!

.. Thats very sneaky and dishonest people I ever know. You are too pushing too much about CI itself and lies that you pretend to know Deaf culture from the start. Thats when you made d/Deaf people stood up all the way. You have not read any books by Deaf people who wrote that many hearing people with a very positive attitude out there, who have read it and accepted us completely. They want to learn more about us Deaf people and Deaf culture. Also some of them are acting like a Deaf because they motivated and understand ASL deeply. They are more openmind and have a good deaf heart because they understand the purpose of using ASL. ;)

I have no ghostwriter cuz I dont want anybody s true inner soul if you mind. I want my own true expression.

Anyway thats the reason you dislike me because I am not that stupid about you and your sneaky lies that is the same thing with Boult.. I feel sorry for people who believes in you both.. They will find out sooner or later.. I m glad I found that out a long ago. ;) I dont need lies. What goes around comes around! You got pissed cuz I BUSTED your butts all along. LOL

Yes you are right I m always wrong wrong wrong after all you are not freaking deaf if you mind.. Neecy is latened deaf and had already established her language all along. You cannot compare between her and me / other deafies.. Thats dishonest all along.

I am all done as long as people will see the truth that I did hear with my hearing aid that person who made all the sound lists. I want them to know that I can hear.. It doesnt have to have CI from the start.. Jeez! Give the d/Deaf children a chance to understand how to hear with HA from the early age. I did speaking at two years old with my mom.. So what s your point? You cannot expect one or two years old to pay attention or listen everything what you are trying to do.. JEEZ! They are babies. For pete s sake.

I speak better than Marlee Matlin as I was told by my two daughters who had seen on tv program. I was so curious about her orally speaking so I decided to ask my daughter about her. They said I speak better than her and many other deafies that they met. I was kinda shocked and told them that I dont believe this because I am their mother. They said No but it s true. I said okay and still dont believe it. LOL. So I dont need CI.. So be it!

I am not impressed with oral professional who lies too much about d/Deaf people s deaf voice. Guess what d/Deaf people are much smarter more than you think after all they have a good mind and receptively eyes every day since they were born.. It s very useful for us better than just having a device to hear only. Oh well oral rules destroy our true Deaf people as usual.

Whoo hoo I m a real natural deaf that haunts you and in your dream forever. ;)

I appreciated Deafdyke s comment to be shown the truth.

Anyway, I came back because I could not sleep. ;)

Have a wonderful day! ;)

Sweetmind

Last edited:
Sweetmind said:
H......... Anyways, You have the ghostwriter Gnosism and other nicknames as well as I know it so. Why are you hiding and lying to yourself and others for ? you re just like Boult aka Mr Hoagie and other nicknames. Ummpph Scoffs!
It would have been so easy to look up what ghostwriter means, I even showed it in the topic and you still don't get it. It is someone using another persons name. Posting on another name would be an alias.
And I also have been using cloggy all the time, until after you managed to ban cloggy, cloggy2 and cloggy 3.
Sweetmind said:
I sticked with my nickname Sweetmind for years and years.. I have nothing to hide who I am. Let people see how much improvement I have tried to work hard on my writings that I am proud of my accomplishment since I dont wear Hearing aid and I finally learned ASL more than ever before. I was more exposed with ASL and my reading nowadays than in the past.. La la La!
I is not about hiding who you are, it is about letting other people do the writing for you because you are e.g. embarrised about your spelling or want to look smart. The effect is actually the opposite.
But I'm glad to see that your ghostwriter came "out of the closet" and became a member. It is nice to speak to the person directly...
Sweetmind said:
Writing is not the only once for you to do.. It takes a lot of work to edit and thinking what or how I like to say. Also look up the dictionary to see if it s correct spelling or find a better word to use that fits into my writings.. If you mind. NOthing is easy to make it so perfect writing.
Correct spelling and syntax is not required. It's the message that counts and your message comes through anyway. In fact, it comes through better when you don't correct the mistakes.
Sweetmind said:
I was deaf oralist all along but now I am d/Deaf person that shows you that I did not lose my orally speaking. I prefer to use my hands to communicate with because it s true communication for me to think and share my opinion or thoughts whatever it comes out from my own true inner soul with someone. It s better than just having an orally speaking because no one is giving me a chance to have a good true communication with hearing people. Jeez! It s too limitation communication unless they know ASL. I will be thrilled to talk and challenge with them thats how you gain the intellectual skills. Thats what d/Deaf children needs that from the early age before they have any devices. So there! It s fair enough for d/Deaf children to adapt their own deafness.. I dont believe anyone have the right to force or pressure or punish them for not having to wear it. Scoffs!
Finally getting to the real topic.
You were raised orally and still had problems communicating to hearing people. That happens, but you should appreciate that your parents did what they thought best, even though it frustrates you now. I can imagine that when not able to communicate orally and not able to do it with sign, you were very isolated, and that learning sign was a way to climb out of that isolation. That is wonderfull and I can only imagine the relief you felt when you were finally to express your feeling.
The only problem is that the communication method that you found is used by only a small percentage.

Now, instead of realising that your situation is not ideal, and that children growing up now should not go through the isolation you had... you actually advocate that they grow up the way you now live. With a means of communication (beautifull and allround as it is) is only spoken by a limited amount of people. You should in fact go 1 step further back and wish for the children that they are able to communicate by speech AND sign. That would be a good goal.

Does it have to be your freaking way? You are not deaf or My parent are not deaf if you mind.. You dont want to hear how d/Deaf people feels about having a freaking struggle for NOTHING. They are hurting d/Deaf children s literacy all along that has not changed a bit yet. Why do we get punished for it and keep d/Deaf children away from us. . Thats our true language that we can learn and keeping up with reading and writing in our own sakes. NOT HEAR AND SPEAK ONLY! For pete s sake!

My parents are so ignorant so you are too. Also Oral professional and CI professional are ignorant too. Everything is so negative about our Deaf people and Deaf community. You got your follower who doesnt have any good feelings about themselves for being deaf.. Scoffs! They screwed everything up for our d/Deaf children s best interest as usual. Thank you!

You are too pushing and telling me I m wrong wrong wrong.. what do you know? Mr know it all. Scoffs!

I know sometimes I write perfect without realize it. Can you accept that? JEEZ!

UP YOURS , Cloggy I m glad I can say it aloud for a change.

CI device is a scam all along. It seems that you are working for CI corporation. Thats what they are trying to wipe out our Deaf culture and close all Deaf schools. Also you think d/deaf children with CI are hearing .. SCOFFS! It s actually put them into isolation all over again.. Scoffs!

A troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

Thats you and your follower of CI radical people.

Sweetmind said:
A troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

Thats you and your follower of CI radical people.

No, that's YOU.

Sweetmind said:
My parents are so ignorant so you are too.
You should stop looking to the world thinking that every parent is like your parent and that every child is like you.

I can assure you that generally parents love their children and will do the best they can. I feel sorry for you, cheri, Angel, Liebling for the bad experiences they had with their parents, but I see them as exceptions. You see them as a rule.

When people treated bad in their life repeat the same mistake, things are not going to improve.Your parents went extreme in oralism (which was probably the way is was advised in those days) you now go to the extreme with ASL.
Nowadays, people (should) have learned and see that the road in the middle is the one to go. ASL is part of that.

deaf children are born from hearing parents which gives them the optimal starting situation to have the best benefit from CI. If parent swould chose otherwise, that's fine.
But you cannot compare your starting situation with the starting situation of my daughter. There's a 60 years difference there... (rough guess...)

:popcorn:

Ha ha ha! Thanks everyone! This thread is really funny! No way I can take SM seriously! She says NO CIs -- but there're CIs everywhere!

Ha ha ha!

Have a great Sonday, all! Thanks for a good laugh, all...

You both have nothing to provide anything good .. I feel sorry for you both.

Cloggy said:
You should stop looking to the world thinking that every parent is like your parent and that every child is like you.

I can assure you that generally parents love their children and will do the best they can. I feel sorry for you, cheri, Angel, Liebling for the bad experiences they had with their parents, but I see them as exceptions. You see them as a rule.

When people treated bad in their life repeat the same mistake, things are not going to improve.Your parents went extreme in oralism (which was probably the way is was advised in those days) you now go to the extreme with ASL.
Nowadays, people (should) have learned and see that the road in the middle is the one to go. ASL is part of that.

deaf children are born from hearing parents which gives them the optimal starting situation to have the best benefit from CI. If parent swould chose otherwise, that's fine.
But you cannot compare your starting situation with the starting situation of my daughter. There's a 60 years difference there... (rough guess...)

I dont have to listen anymore because there is nothing good satisfaction after all what Oral professional tried to do with us for many years.. It doesnt come out great about d/Deaf children s best interest at all.

SCOFFS! ORAL PROFESSIONAL thinks they know it all while they dont know a shyte about our deafness or our needs. I simply dont trust them at all.

I have no intention to listen those same old shyte about CI issues anymore because of too much damaged on many d/Deaf children s needs all along that I dont agree. It s all CRAPOLA.

Deaf will be always deaf. It s so sickening for anyone who try to damage on Children s property that should not be done at all. Thats a very selfish and cruel for the parents who do not accept their original deaf child.

I am going to say this again as you deserve to have the nightmare like when I went through. So be it!

"Ninety percent of children born deaf are born to hearing parents, and these parents know very little about deafness," said Nicholas. "They don't know how to have a conversation in sign language or teach it to their children. Many of these parents would like their children to learn spoken language."

No freaking excuse for the parents who refuse to learn ASL.

It is one thing to allow a person to choose to use an auditory device, but I see that it is unfair to decide for any individual to have a surgery that changes their physical properties. Once a person is mature enough to decide to have a CI surgically implanted, the decision should be made. To have a parent/guardian etc.choose this for a child is ridiculous. Why should it be ok to force a person into a surgery that they may rely on for their entire life.

Once a child has become accustomed to these devices it is something that they expect to have for the rest of their life. If the device fails or does not continue to work in the same way for their entire life, then they no longer can use what they have been expected to rely on. This is totally unfair to any child or adult. If they have the choice to decide whether to use an auditory device or not then they can make that decision for themselves. It is wrong to force anyone to depend on something when naturally they are not going to have that. Children cannot make that decision. They should have the choice to decide on adapting their physical properties on their own. This should not take place unless they have been fully educated on ALL of the possibilities...positive and negative.

If a child relies on the auditory device and then it suddenly isn’t working anymore, then it is something that they have no choice but to have taken from them. These surgeries are not inexpensive. It takes money to maintain these devices and not all people are able to keep up with this. What happens when a child decides that they do not want to utilize this technology?

It is wrong to force a person to rely on something each day, when naturally they may be better off without a device being implanted into their bodies. Insurance does not cover a CI removal. If a person chooses that route then more power to them,but it is not an issue that should be decided by a person that will not have to live with it. The person that is getting a surgery of this type or any other surgery should be allowed to choose for themselves. It is something that will have impact, whether positive or negative, a person for the rest of their life.

By forcing an individual into a life altering procedure it is the same as saying you are not “good” enough the way that you were born. You must change physically for you to be accepted by the real world. Is this really the impression we want to make on deaf children.

It is a huge put down to deaf childrens true identity. People must have a choice, it is only fair! We should appreciate the differences in all people. If we were all the same, then the world would be a very boring place.

Therefore we have the right to maintain the status we were born with...people need to learn to accept that. Any adaptation that needs to be made should be made within the faultfinders, not the children. Acceptance is KEY! Need I say more?

Seeing as how there are more cons than pros to getting a CI, ( as such stated in other topics), It is more responsible to NOT implant a child. You dont need to hear to be alive. And if a d/Deaf child is not good enough for you then you need to reconsider your morals and prejudices. Like it, love it, or leave it alone.

Deaf children do have NONCHOICE from the beginning. PERIOD!

Just encourage them to get the taste with HA First and no one can judge that she or he cannot hear with HA all the time. I find this is outrageous to force them to have CI too quickly because they have to do what HEARING people want for themselves. I dont agree anyone can screwed up with children's own properities or across their boundry line from anyone not even Parents. It is totally wrongdoing.

You should not make the decision for them about CI device because it s not life threatening. So be it!

Thats the same concept of what 81 percent of ABUSED parents/teachers/workers/ toward the children at home or other places like Nursery School here more than Deaf school if you mind. So dont give me any more excuses that you think Deaf children have to have to hear while they dont hear everything that is not making any sense.. PERIOD!

So are Deaf children deserve to be punished for not having Deaf school/Deaf Teachers with a very Good Deaf Education? or ASL? or True Identity? .... plus keep deaf children away from other deaf children and their hands (to speak) and eyes (to see) to be useful that I DONT AGREE with you. PERIOD! Many parents dont bother to learn signs. They think their children can hear everything and lipread is 100 percent and make them speak all day or night. JEEZ! That s very seflish attitude.

WHY? Depend on interpreter as the third party (ies), Depend on CI device, CIers spend more time learning how to listen than learning about the world around them. Where is their freedom of being deaf? JEEZ!! you are insulting Deaf children's self esteem later in their life when they wake up and face the Deaf Reality.

Deaf is no good and Hearing is good. Sign Language is no good and Orally speaking is good thats what I m hearing this all the time. IF you mind!

Thank you!
Sweetmind

Sweetmind...

You sound like a broken record. You say the same old shit over and over. :ugh2:

And none of it makes sense.

Grow up please! LuciaDisturbed You are getting bored by acting out like a childlish.. Sighs! Knock it off please.

I can see your hatred of Sweetmind like the rest of others who doesnt have anything else to say but bashing me all along.. I dont have to deal with you and your very stupid comments. I am very happy about that because I dont have to kiss your arses or follow you like a dog.

Thank goodness I dont have to have the brown nose. I dont need anyone to be on my side or have a favoritism from anyone else.. Thats not what I m here for. I am one woman who stands up for a very good reason.. ;) Nah You dont like the way I pointed out the truth and handed the fact on the table after I wrote my truth writings. You are so angry because I m different from you. la la la

Is that how you behave or treat Deaf people like that in our Deaf community? Perfect example of yours. No wonder people get the wrong impression about us and our Deaf community that you dont belong in this Deaf community.. Thats a very good explaination what they did in MYTHS AND LIES ABOUT CI article. They lied to themselves after all what they behaved bad toward Deaf/Hearing people with positive outlooks in our Deaf community. Bingo! It s proven. Thank you so much..

Last edited:
Sweetmind said:
Grow up please! LuciaDisturbed You are getting bored by acting out like a childlish.. Sighs! Knock it off please.

I can see your hatred of Sweetmind like the rest of others who doesnt have anything else to say but bashing me all along.. I dont have to deal with you and your stupidity comments.

Me grow up? I am already grown up. You're the one that keep saying the same stuff over and over and being pushy and stuff.

Did I ever said I hate you? NO....I just don't like your ATTITUDE towards CIers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back