This is for Hearing aid users! Stay out of it CIers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetmind

Reaction score
This is for Hearing aid users! Stay out of it CIers and Hearing people

at audiologist office

a/c
voices
computer fans
door creak
high heel on vinyl floors.
copier sound

after audiologist

traffic noise
cars in parking lots
brother's car door
blinkers
salsa music that my bro put in cd.

over the time...

brother's voice
my voice
water
urinate right in toilet water and against toilet bowl wall to hear the difference. (since growing up, I though against wall would be quieter than hit the water directly will not wake my parent at night, i was wrong)
flush sounds like Niagara falls
paper crackle.
soda bubble fizzle...
air escaping from soda opening.
oil sizzle while cooking
cooking pan make sound when heated.. as well as the heating element too.
microwave sound and beeps.
cooking timer going off..
try to follow "Eye of the Tiger" by survivor with lyric in front of me first week was awesome but need to memorize the words eh. before can't follow but can tell when it says "eye of the tiger"
hear door knocks from anywhere in my apt.
heard car alarm going off outside and i went out to check it out but no one around the car, obviously strong wind was making it move.
leaf blowers in the morning eh.
heard birds in the morning. amazing as if they are yelling at me eh LOL
people walking shortcut on gravels instead of sidewalk on apt complex. crunch crunch crunch.
dogs barking
cats meowing
gate door closing make metallic sounds
sounds in airplane
stewart call going off in plane.
seat belt and no smoking going off and on. Pilot/stewardess announcement(not clear)
airport metal detector going off. (forgot to take pen off my collar)
store metal detector going off. (they forgot to demagnetize the magnet)
my nieces and nephews talking to me.(even whisper to me in noisy eatery) my family's voices.
thought heard knocks on my door when it was actually from tv or from my computer (yahoo messenger's knock sound) (or AIM's door slam sound which confuse my bro or me eh)
keyboard clacking sound and mouse clicking
CD/DVD burning spinning up and burning
heard rain from inside and thunders too
During monsoon, I enjoy watch and listen the sounds of lighting, thunders and rains...
I have surface clock in bathroom, can hear ticking
in my living room, wall click making ticking sound (it is battery operated and it doesn't make that sound but it is the second hand moving causing the gear to make sound and tip of the second hand scraping the plastic cover. )
hear myself eating any foods.
hear myself wheezing or humming
hear my deaf friends' deaf voices while chatting
heard them farting in front of me hoping I didn't notice (I stifled) then said "phew" later on but told them I heard it already.
heard someone farted outside, I avoided that person immediately lol
of course some farting sounds do come from me, can't help it.
I now listen to "Classic Arts Showcast" overnight with my BTE on sleeping to classical music and others. (it is on public access channel: website: http://www.classicartsshowcase.org/ )

and too many to list.. so ask me something that i haven't listed..

I can see this is very double standards from CI Radicals because I can hear with all that sounds that is no difference from them. Jeez! The sounds is not that important for me . It has nothing to do with educational for us to listen with HA devices. I born deaf with profoundly deaf. So there!

I do not believe people who used HA that do not hear all kind of sounds if you pay attention to it. Thanks!

It doesnt mean that you can hear everything what people are saying. We all depending on lipreading as far as we are depending on our visual as always.

I do not believe many d/Deaf children do not hear with the HA device especially they said they born hearing.. Thats what I m kinda puzzled. Thats a a real scam from CI corporation.

They called me dumb for not having CI. Jeez! They attacked many deafies who doesnt want nothing to do with devices. Thats how they control over us since they couldnt face the reality or accept our deafness for years and years.. They want to make it easier for themselves not us.. Scoffs! It s harder for all of us since we need to depend on interpreter sometimes. So whats the point for hearing people force us to hear and speak only? Now they are doing it to those d/Deaf chidren with CI without ASL. It doesnt make any sense anymore..

It s always HEARING S RULES.. Scoffs! Why cant you just learn our true languages that you dont have a good feelings about us and our true languages? How interesting!

Thats the problem we do not have two ways street as usual.. Is that fair ?? I think not. FORCE chlidren to be a hearing while they are actually deaf. Scoffs!

It doesnt make any sense many parents were forced them to have CI before HA. They kept saying their d/Deaf children do not hear with HA. I find this is full of craps. It s all about money issue.

It s actually waste money for us to have any devices. I can understand people want or love to hear the music very well.. Thats the only reason they have to have it. ;)

I dont have to live with all kind of noise pollution that it s not necessary.

I am so grateful for not wearing it again since six years ago.. I found my true identity and helps me to focus better because the noise pollution is in my way as usual.. Also, I m glad that I have adapted many things that helps me than just having a hearing aid with me. It s too much hassle with people who thinks that I can hear but NOT. I hate it because they dont have any respect for me after all they abused me all along.. Scoffs!

My adapation is fit into my deafness that should be done from the beginning of my life. I m so glad that I dont miss any sounds anymore. Thats wonderful that I dont have to put up with the brainwash cycles by audist attitude people. NO MORE for me to deal with all that BS!

Sighs!

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Last edited:
Why are you quoting something out of context? The quote you have here was in response to something ENTIRELY about CI's and yet you are demanding that nobody talk about CI's in this thread??? Cheri asked people "I would like to know after your activated, What sounds have you heard from that day on and forward?" and above you have Boult's response. How on EARTH do you rationalize taking a quote about something somebody with a CI experienced and turning it against them???? That's entirely asinine!

I can see this is very double standards from CI Radicals because I can hear with all that sounds that is no difference from them.

Huh....? speak English, please..

Fuzzy

Do you wanna to know why because moderator removed my comments? So it left me no choice to make.. I have to do this because it s full of craps about CI issues.

I want people to know that I was using my hearing aid device while I am profoundly deaf. I can hear with HA all along.. I do not believe anything from CI radicals.. I know they can hear as well from the start with HA.

I dont like people lies and play a mind game especially hearing / deaf oralism. I have seen a lot of double standards and lies about it that turns me off.

I dont like to see anyone who destroy d/Deaf children s lives that they did already messed up my life. They robbed my life. I was struggled all those years that I couldnt figure it out why am I so miserable and frustrated that is not needed to have in my life. Thats very cruel and selfish from audist attitude people who lies in a big time and dont give a hoot about d/Deaf children all along.

No more damage d/Deaf children s emotional and mental because we went through all that abuses. Sighs!

NO MORE DOUBLE STANDARDS from you neecy because you are freaking latened deaf that should not comparing between Deaf and Latened Deaf.. So be it!

Yea please speak American Sign Language AUDIO FUZZY! I have both English and American Sign Language that is two ways street. ;)

Both of you are in hearing world only.. You have no right to come here to tell me what to do after all you dont know NOTHING about deaf community or our true languages . MIND YOU!

Thats double standards from you both.. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I dont have any respect for you both at all after all bigotry attitude and causes trouble for me for nothing.

Thank you! ;)

Sweetmind

I'm part of HA user... :whistle:

This thread is gonna be hilarious. :lol:

Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

Please can you bear me??? :hug:

Sweetmind said:
Do you wanna to know why because moderator removed my comments? So it left me no choice to make.. I have to do this because it s full of craps about CI issues.

I want people to know that I was using my hearing aid device while I am profoundly deaf. I can hear with HA all along.. I do not believe anything from CI radicals.. I know they can hear as well from the start with HA.

I dont like people lies and play a mind game. I have seen a lot of double standards and lies about it that turns me off.

I dont like to see anyone who destroy d/Deaf children s lives that they did messed up my life. They robbed my life. I was struggled all those years that i couldnt figure it out why am i so miserable and frustrated that is not needed to have in my life. Thats very cruel and selfish from audist attitude people who lies in a big time and dont give a hoot about d/Deaf children all along..

No more damage d/Deaf children s emotional and mental because we went through all that abuses. Sighs!

NO MORE DOUBLE STANDARDS from you neecy because you are freaking latened deaf that should not comparing between Deaf and Latened Deaf.. So be it!

Yea please speak American Sign Language AUDIO FUZZY! I have both English and American Sign Language that is two ways of street. ;)

Both of you are in hearing world only.. You have no right to come here to tell me what to do after all you dont know NOTHING about deaf community or our true languages . MIND YOU!

Thats double standards from you both.. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I dont have any respect for you both at all after all bigotry attitude and causes trouble for me for nothing.

Thank you!

Sweetmind

So you believe that people hear the same with a HA as they do with a CI? Where is your proof? You've never had a CI so how can you even begin to make comparisons? Unless you have PERSONALLY experienced both wearing a HA *AND* a CI you can't sit there and tell people that they are exactly the same (they aren't!)

if there's anyone here guilty of double standards...you need to have a good, long look in the mirror.

volcomskatz said:
I'm part of HA user... :whistle:

This thread is gonna be hilarious. :lol:

Smile! I know that.. I can see you are very confused person. I have read your comments all along.. So I didnt bother you all along because it s not all your faults that you went through. I could not figure out what you are trying to say so I m not gonna to fight or discuss with you because it s not getting anywhere for me to discuss with you.

I can see you are a lost child like me. ;)

Have a great day! ;)
Sweetmind

Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

Well I'm not (or wasn't) profoundly deaf and I certainly never heard all those sounds with my HA......I do hear alot of things I didn't hear before with the CI. Did I read what sm said correctly and she is basically saying that if we say we didn't hear those sounds before with a HA it's cause we weren't listening? SM said: "I do not believe people who used HA that do not hear all kind of sounds if you pay attention to it. Thanks!" :dunno: Geeze if so I've had to put up with the not listening crap alot because I do hear fairly well, now I come here and listen to this? :ugh3: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

I at least can hear a car approaching from behind now before it's right next to me and startling me out of a few years of my life...all thanks to ci. :whistle:

I personally don't care if anyone gets a ci. If you think the HA is so great so be it. I will tell of my experience when the topic comes up, they are nothing alike, but really is it necessary to have the same attitude that normal hearing people have toward those of us who are/were actually 'tweeners?'

And just HOW am I guilty of double standards? I speak from my own experiences and have never denied that I'm latened deaf, HOWEVER, *I WAS ONLY NINE YEARS OLD!!!!*

I spent *twenty five years* deaf.

How long, as I asked you before, does somebody have to be deaf in order to be considered worthy of listening to in this twisted, small little bubble you live in?

NEECY!!! You are CI users then stay out of it.. I ll see if moderator is gonna to remove you if not then it s double standards .

Sweetmind said:
Smile! I know that.. I can see you are very confused person. I have read your comments all along.. So I didnt bother you all along because it s not all your faults that you went through. I could not figure out what you are trying to say so I m not gonna to fight or discuss with you because it s not getting anywhere for me to discuss with you.

I can see you are a lost child like me. ;)

Have a great day! ;)
Sweetmind

I can hear so well with HA in left ear and just need to clean out everyday before wear HA because wax can prevent the sounds from HA but I have old HA that got one in 1991.

Sweetmind said:
NEECY!!! You are CI users then stay out of it.. I ll see if moderator is gonna to remove you if not then it s double standards .

Sorry - you used a quote by a CI - user speaking about his experiences with a CI, and then turn around and tell people that they can't point out that you're taking things out of context?

I guess the only thing I can take solace in is in knowing that once the mods see this topic it will most likely be locked and/or deleted because the quote you made is totally irrelavant.

And besides - this IS a public forum. You want your own private forum where you can dictate who posts then go make your own. Until the mods tell me I can't post somewhere I will give my opinion where I deem it to be appropriate, especially when its pointing out gross ignorance.

Sweetmind said:

Mods won't remove Neecy. She has as much right to post in here as you do.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Mod won't remove Neecy. She has as much right to post in here as you do.

Thanks lucia :) :cheers: cheers!

Now want to share a bag of popcorn while we watch the show? :popcorn:

I can hear the sounds with HA that person gave out.. So what is your problems? geez Quit whiner, Neecy! For petes sake..

You love to stir up the mess into my topic or anyone s topic.. UMMPPHH I m the blamed for everything that I didnt do anything wrong.. You are not letting me to speak my own freedom of speech.. Thats what I m getting the same behavior patterns from audist attitude people in the past.. That give me goose bump and sick to my stomach..

Thats how they are too freafking control over d/Deaf children who couldnt do anything or deal with their true inner soul for years and years.. No wonder Audist attitude people destroy d/Deaf children all the time..

Thank you so much neecy!

Sweetmind

im DEAF but doesn't give u a rats ass rights to bitch at us for using hearing aids, i choose to have this and this is MY right not yrs not others you deal with your own issues and stop belittling others if they choose to have HA, CI, or nothing its THIER choice not yours! u have NO respect from me because i can tell you this, you have the worse concept of an attidute insulting poeple, do us all a favor and SHUSH let us go on in life without hearing from your so called rants its no where but downright insulting us.

IMO this thread's gonna be locked in no time because from what i see your closed minded! RMFE

Wait a sec.....Sweetmind, are you trying to say that an implant won't always make a deaf child functionally hoh? If so, I do agree with that. Quite a lot of the results haven't been broken down adaquatly. I think if functionally hoh with CIers were broken down by etoloigy, how long deaf etc.....
It does seem that the kids who don't become hoh with CI, a large percentage are kids who have been deaf since birth or conception. Oh, and while neecy isn't a classic childhood case, she still is Deaf...please stop playing the Deafer then thou game. Yeah, there are dumbass oralists who are so dman high and mighty b/c they think they are more educated then Deafies.....but most orally trained kids deserve the chance to be Deaf too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back