The Talking Deafie

oh i was just talking about something else added to this thread. I KNOW there are deafies out there who were born completely deaf and can speak so if there are ADers who fit that description - c'mon! confess to me now! :)

and of course - you're still in :)

I dont know of any deafie who has never worn a HA, CI, or any listening device sometime in their lifetime.

epgml5.jpg

High Horse?

lol!!! nah. more like this -

Grammar+Police.png

I guess I am out then. I hear around 95 dB with my HAs. That's pretty deaf. Does that count?

I think you win cuz I could hear at 40 dbs with my HA and I hear things at 20 dbs with my CI though I'd never claim I hear the same as hearing.

I think you win cuz I could hear at 40 dbs with my HA and I hear things at 20 dbs with my CI though I'd never claim I hear the same as hearing.

nobody wins in here. I'm just curious to know who are deaf and can talk. that's all. nothing more. nothing less :)

oh i was just talking about something else added to this thread. I KNOW there are deafies out there who were born completely deaf and can speak so if there are ADers who fit that description - c'mon! confess to me now! :)

and of course - you're still in :)

More likely they won't use ALLDEAF.com because they write in ASL. I've seen some who tried to join alldeaf, and people have no idea what they are trying say and make comments about their writing. It doesn't mean they can't speak.

Most of us here are between world of deaf and hearing.

More likely they won't use ALLDEAF.com because they write in ASL. I've seen some who tried to join alldeaf, and people have no idea what they are trying say and make comments about their writing. It doesn't mean they can't speak.

Most of us here are between world of deaf and hearing.

If there are those who are very deaf (never heard a sound) and can talk, most likely they will have a good understanding of English and be able to read and write.

I know so many deaf people who cant talk and use ASL only for communication through the air but have far superior English skills than I do. I see a few of those here on AD.

I'm talking about writing in a ASL format.

then, they most likely arent able to talk becaue Jiro was talking about those who can communicate with hearing people fluently through speech so if someone who writes in ASL format only would talk in ASL and hearing people wouldnt understand them at all since most hearing people arent fluent in ASL.

Hope that makes sense?

Even as a semi-deaf (severe HOH) , I can't do that as well.

As well as what? He only asked if you could speak and communicate with a hearing person.

Quality was only mentioned if you could only speak one or two words it did not count.

I can't speak spoken English very good even with all these technologies. So I wouldn't be surprised they can't either.

Back