The stimulus boondoggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit wary of a stimulus package whose true cost will be over three and a quarter trillion dollars; whose size is probably greater than the world's GNP, and the strings attached for States which take their share seem illegal as those conditions seem to infringe on States' rights and their budget processes in the future.

As I mentioned in a subsequent post in this thread, the Heritage Foundation came up with the over three trillion as the true cost of this stimulus bill. The government, it seems, wasn't forthcoming about this.

Now I hear there's eleven States that do not want any part of this money as it is a loan, as it is a constitutional showdown in that being coerced to accept this money is an usurpation of the States' budgeting processes.

I believe my State, California, is one of those States rebuffing the offer and guess what? California is 42 billion in the hole. :P

As I mentioned in a subsequent post in this thread, the Heritage Foundation came up with the over three trillion as the true cost of this stimulus bill. The government, it seems, wasn't forthcoming about this.

Now I hear there's eleven States that do not want any part of this money as it is a loan, as it is a constitutional showdown in that being coerced to accept this money is an usurpation of the States' budgeting processes.

I believe my State, California, is one of those States rebuffing the offer and guess what? California is 42 billion in the hole. :P

And without a viable plan for filling that hole in.

It's not a catch-22. If former President Bush could find the money to spend $12 billion/month for the War in Iraq, Obama can find the money to create new social service programs.

Yes I second that.

The problem is not Obama (he is trying his damnedest), it's congress (guess who controls the federal purse strings?). My god, they can't even agree on the color of s#!t! So much for "team effectiveness", it's every person's ego for themself.

The problem is not Obama (he is trying his damnedest), it's congress (guess who controls the federal purse strings?). My god, they can't even agree on the color of s#!t! So much for "team effectiveness", it's every person's ego for themself.

Yeah and I agree. Its confusing...

Up shit creek without a paddle.

And look at who's the Governor? Surprise, surprise!

Also look who is in control of senate! Surprise, Surprise!

2nd of all, They were bankrupted before he even took over the governor office!

Surprise! Surprise!

Surprise! Surprise!

Yeah, and we will figure a way out of this; it is gonna be messy, be expensive, do harm, etc but we will get through it.

Surprise! Surprise!

That's a good way to divert attention away from a Republican Governor. After all, aren't they supposed to be fiscally responsible? :roll:

The "Before Arnold" argument doesn't work because didn't Arnold promise to clean it up when he took office?

Yeah, and we will figure a way out of this; it is gonna be messy, be expensive, do harm, etc but we will get through it.

Hopefully no the way the Romans did - they eventually collapsed. Now I know the reason for schools teaching us history! LOL

That's a good way to divert attention away from a Republican Governor. After all, aren't they supposed to be fiscally responsible? :roll:

The "Before Arnold" argument doesn't work because didn't Arnold promise to clean it up when he took office?

The argument does work cause it was there before he took over, he didnt cause it. The democrat senate are fighting against him. He's trying just like Obama is trying. Obama was only able to get bailout passed only by thin margin. Lucky for him he almost has majority in congress and was able to get 3 more to vote for his plan.

In a nutshell, the problem is whole. not just one party or person.

The major problem in the USA is everybody and I mean everybody! (from the poor to ultra rich) wants more than their means allows them and that put us all in trouble.

Speaking of diverting attention, you are using Arnold to divert attention from senate's failing. This can works both ways. :roll:

Last edited:
We have no one to blame but ourselves for this mess that we are currently in.

To get out of this mess--we need to sit aside our differences, pay off the national debt, pay off our creditors to other countries, and start taking responsibility for our financial actions.

This is getting redundant in terms of placing the blame. Remember that the government is of the people, for the people, and by the people.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for this mess that we are currently in.

To get out of this mess--we need to sit aside our differences, pay off the national debt, pay off our creditors to other countries, and start taking responsibility for our financial actions.

This is getting redundant in terms of placing the blame. Remember that the government is of the people, for the people, and by the people.

Isn't that what I've been saying all along? :cool2:

Which by the way you have hit it on the head!

My prediction is the stimulus package will end up lowering the value of the dollar. Thus causing inflation. Then to counteract inflation theyll raise interest rates (thats what happend in the 70's).

I hope Im wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back