The stimulus boondoggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes to show that there are a lot of people dependent on us.

Actually, it goes both ways. Many countries depend on you in order to generate revenues, your country depend on them for pretty much everything including oil, food, clothes, essential supplies, electronics, toys and many more.

For instance, Canada is America's biggest oil supplier, softwood, water and more. Without these, the USA would be in deep doo-doo.

Actually, it goes both ways. Many countries depend on you in order to generate revenues, your country depend on them for pretty much everything including oil, food, clothes, essential supplies, electronics, toys and many more.

For instance, Canada is America's biggest oil supplier, softwood, water and more. Without these, the USA would be in deep doo-doo.

:lol: Good choice of words! :lol:

If the stimulus package is so great, how come the stock market has plummeted every day since it's been passed?

Stocks Drill Downward - WSJ.com

Because one cannot correct overnight what took several years to create. Obama stated from the very beginning that it would get worse before it got better. The downward spiral has to play out.

Because one cannot correct overnight what took several years to create. Obama stated from the very beginning that it would get worse before it got better. The downward spiral has to play out.

Yeah, I wish the media would take that to heart because, all too many times over the past year or so, whenever there were pertinent news flashes, they would have their commentators on the screen and a live pic-in-pic of the stock market and, well, you get the idea....

No confidence?

No kidding. I wish someone would show me where Obama ever claimed that on the day of his innauguration, he would wave his magic wand, sprinkle a little fairy dust, and make everything all better immediately.

Good god, people. You gave Bush 8 years to create a large part of this mess, you can at least give Obama half that to correct it.

No kidding. I wish someone would show me where Obama ever claimed that on the day of his innauguration, he would wave his magic wand, sprinkle a little fairy dust, and make everything all better immediately.

Good god, people. You gave Bush 8 years to create a large part of this mess, you can at least give Obama half that to correct it.

People are just clueless. That's the way they are. They'll happily re-elect a putz like Bush and they gave him 8 years to plunge this country into the dumps.

I'm not surprised that they won't give Obama a chance. It's a sign that people are nothing but easily-led sheep and when they don't get their way, they whine, cry and stamp their feet, especially the Republicans in Congress.

Also, I believe that the Federal Reserve is responsible for a lot of the problems that we face. How about abolishing it? For once, I agree with Ron Paul and I'm an unabashed liberal.

Or take military action against it. That ought to shut up some folk. :roll:

We've known from the primaries that Obama would not be able to fix everything on his own. Why then, are people crying foul when they knew that he wouldn't be able to fix everything on his own?

It takes a team of people and that includes the Republicans as well to solve this problem. If they won't work with him, he can't do much to begin with. This just smacks of the 1994 GOP takeover of Congress and the "Contract with America" bullshit. The attitude of the Republicans today is similar to how they were around that time.

The stock market is not just about what's happening today--it's about how the Wall Street crowd perceives how today's actions will affect the future market. Apparently the Market does not perceive a rosy future from the recent passage of the stimulus package. The Market is not encouraged by "The Package."

...I'm not surprised that they won't give Obama a chance. ...
If I believed he was headed in the right direction I would give him a chance. Why should I "give Obama a chance" if I don't support the direction he is headed?

If someone is leading me to the edge of the cliff instead of away from it, I should give him a chance? No way!

If I believed he was headed in the right direction I would give him a chance. Why should I "give Obama a chance" if I don't support the direction he is headed?

If someone is leading me to the edge of the cliff instead of away from it, I should give him a chance? No way!

Exactly! That's what I feel about him. :lol:

:giggle:

The stock market is not just about what's happening today--it's about how the Wall Street crowd perceives how today's actions will affect the future market. Apparently the Market does not perceive a rosy future from the recent passage of the stimulus package. The Market is not encouraged by "The Package."

Tsk tsk. Perhaps if Obama said that he took care of the financial inferno by pissing out the White House window, the Market will take off. ;)

And the stock market is also subject to what has happened in the past.

"The Market" is not an omnipotent entity, nor is "The Package."

Its called open mindedness and being willing to confront your own beliefs and where they might be mistaken. Its a sign of personal growth.

Ladies, we were on the edge of a cliff 8 years ago, and 4 years ago we plunged into the ravine. Obama is giving us the tools to climb out. But, if you prefer to stay stuck in the ravine, be my guest.

Ladies, we were on the edge of a cliff 8 years ago, and 4 years ago we plunged into the ravine. Obama is giving us the tools to climb out. But, if you prefer to stay stuck in the ravine, be my guest.

Exactly. At least Obama is doing something to try and help our economy which is more than I can say for former President Bush.

Because he's only been in office for ONE MONTH?

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back