The police came to my house...

Reba said:
You can call it a "test" but it was still a lie.

I don't think you proved "who she really is" but you showed something about yourself. I think you need to do some honest soul searching.

Yes, I am aware that it was a lie when I tested her...

Well, I dont think you should judge me because you dont know the whole story...Yes, I have proved who she really is! No, I dont think I need to do some honest soul searching!

In matter of fact, when the police came to my house..I told the police the truth...I told him what the situation was...he understood and smiled...so he left! He understood where I was coming from! But you dont!

So, since you all have been putting me down...not being supportive how I feel...I think this thread should be lock up!

if u knew and heard she was backstabbing youl, u shld have right then and there cut all ties and select FEW friends u know aren't like the backstabbers, do urself a favor, don't make a fool out of yourself any word in a attempted sucide can be twisted and they think u are doing this now. so watch what you say... they all said the same thing i wld say we still aren't judgeing you we are telling u from one true standpoint to another standpoint of this situation. u both were wrong, and 2ndly u shld not have said this particular comment, cuz this will backfire u so bad, which the cops did show up, then result went like this. u made a fool out of yourself and so did she.. we're not judging you but we're telling you. not to make that kind of comment that brings cops in where they cld be doing something else and not wasting a visit to you.

As others have said, you should have cut all ties with her. I'm surprised that the police just shrugged it off when you told them the truth about it.

I don't condone lying, but there are plenty of other things you could have done....tell her you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or something along those lines. The fact that the police were called shows that your 'enemy' (or somebody they told) was actually looking out for you and cared enough to call the police.

As for having the 'whole' story...as far as I knew, you gave us the whole story. We only know what you tell us...whole story or not. You lied (regardless of the reason) and it got to the point where the police came knocking on your door. Whole story or not, it was a horrible way to test your friendship with somebody and a terrible waste of resources.

And a little bit of personal advice...if you have the types of friends that you have to test them, then they probably aren't worth having as that isn't something I would consider a friendship. I have friends and I have acquaintances...it takes some time and friendship building to go from acquaintances to friend with me. Trust is something that is earned and does not have to be tested with lies to find the truth.

Taylor said:
As others have said, you should have cut all ties with her. I'm surprised that the police just shrugged it off when you told them the truth about it.

I don't condone lying, but there are plenty of other things you could have done....tell her you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or something along those lines. The fact that the police were called shows that your 'enemy' (or somebody they told) was actually looking out for you and cared enough to call the police.

As for having the 'whole' story...as far as I knew, you gave us the whole story. We only know what you tell us...whole story or not. You lied (regardless of the reason) and it got to the point where the police came knocking on your door. Whole story or not, it was a horrible way to test your friendship with somebody and a terrible waste of resources.

And a little bit of personal advice...if you have the types of friends that you have to test them, then they probably aren't worth having as that isn't something I would consider a friendship. I have friends and I have acquaintances...it takes some time and friendship building to go from acquaintances to friend with me. Trust is something that is earned and does not have to be tested with lies to find the truth.

I understand your point...however I admit I made bad decision for tested my friend about suicidal...I should have said another lines instead...I dont tend to lie...I dont like to lie either...

I dont test my friends at all...this person is the only one who I tested with...I guess I got fed up with her lies and that was when I decided to test her...

Again, I dont test with lies to my friends at all...

The lady who I lied to her about suicidal attempt...it was my first time for lied/tested her...

I'm having a hard time getting my head around this, but I feel I have to make a point about something.

If someone is gossiping about you, let them gossip. They aren't worth your time. Why get all bent out of shape and have to find out the details? It's just going to upset you more when you learn that the person is truly saying crap about you.

I agree with the others. You two aren't friends. Cut ties and go on about your business.

As for why you would lie about being suicidal, your reasoning isn't going to wash with me. Maybe, I'm taking this too personally, but in my mind, there's absolutely NO excuse good enough to justify lying about wanting to kill yourself! If you wanted find out the truth, there are better ways to to go about it than saying you're going to end your life. That's just twisted.

Here's the other thing about this whole issue: You ALREADY knew the person was not trustworthy and to bring in the story of an "attempted suicide" was just over the top. In many States (maybe all or most) we are (most especially when it concerns children), we are mandated reporters when we hear something like this.

Telling lie about the sucidial is not a joke but last nite someone made a joke that she/he got out of the hospital from sucidial and I was so concern about this person then told me it was april's fool day and yea I was upset but told this person not to do it again. So I forgave that person. The reason for that is because I have done it myself twice in the past and wont do it again since I have a wonderful son who love me so much and I wanted to be there for him. Another reason is that one girl in school where I work and she dies from sucidial and it was a very day day for all of us at school. She was only 17 yrs old. It was very sudden thing that she doing it herself.

If anywone want to sucidial and it is serious situation. I would love to help ppl who is going thru that cuz I have been there and want to make sure they are ok.

That is a big lie and made your enemy concern and causing her to call the police. She have the right to call the police even thou you told your friend not to tell anyone. Well they have concern about you and wanted to make sure you are ok. Once they find out that it was a lie so watch where you stepping on. There will be a time bomb going off.

Please dont do it again. Find another way to do it. Thanks for listening

I'm sure she learn her lesson not to do it next time and beside I think everyone has lie in the past or now, for the fact that she did lied about attempted suicide, which I can understand it was a poor taste, because I have lost a great friend of mine from school and my grandfather too from sucidial and I also have attempted suicide in the past myself too, and I know it not something that you can joke around with or lie about it either, I've helped a few of my friends with the same problem, it something I take seriously...

Coloravalanche, I know you had made a bad judgement on your part, and I'm really glad you admit that you did lied to your friend, I know people makes mistakes or made some bad judgement on their part also, so next time when you have a problem or an issue from a friend, just cut all ties with them without having to lie cause then you will know you did it in a honest way instead of making too much trouble out of it....

Afterall, The truth shall set you free! :hug:...

Im with Tamara and Defee.

I did called the police on one of my friends who would commit suicide. he had several attempted. There were friends out there that cares for him a lot and called the police on him. The neighbors, me ( I live like 8 miles from him), and other friends who lives far, but will take his words seriously even if he jokes.

One time I did call the cops, he had rope ready in his garage and about to do it but he for some reason didnt do it, which I was glad. He knew it was me and didnt get mad at me.

Now for anyone who are doctors, counsler, social workers, so forth are automatic to report to the police if any suspect in suicide. I just let you know that. They take suicide serious.

coloravalanche said:
So SHE DID! She told my enemy friend about it so that was the reason why my enemy friend called the police last Monday night! Now, I can't trust my friend!! :whistle:

It shows that your enemy friend cares about you and want to save your life after learn from your friend about your tempt commit suicide. IF she hate you then she would not of go to police to check on you, don't she? It shows she CARE about you.

You said that you test your "friend" either she is trustworthy or not. It shows that you are not real friend to her as she to you as well.

I am glad that you admit it and learn to improve part of your mistake. Remember that everyone makes mistakes.

Pomeranian said:
Telling lie about the sucidial is not a joke but last nite someone made a joke that she/he got out of the hospital from sucidial and I was so concern about this person then told me it was april's fool day and yea I was upset but told this person not to do it again. So I forgave that person. The reason for that is because I have done it myself twice in the past and wont do it again since I have a wonderful son who love me so much and I wanted to be there for him. Another reason is that one girl in school where I work and she dies from sucidial and it was a very day day for all of us at school. She was only 17 yrs old. It was very sudden thing that she doing it herself.

If anywone want to sucidial and it is serious situation. I would love to help ppl who is going thru that cuz I have been there and want to make sure they are ok.

That is a big lie and made your enemy concern and causing her to call the police. She have the right to call the police even thou you told your friend not to tell anyone. Well they have concern about you and wanted to make sure you are ok. Once they find out that it was a lie so watch where you stepping on. There will be a time bomb going off.

Please dont do it again. Find another way to do it. Thanks for listening

Yes I'm agree that commit suicide is not a joke and funny... I would not like it if anyone use it as April fool.

coloravalanche, I have been going to some ppl's homes becuz of others who signed to me of what were happening. Before I go and file the report with social workers, police department, and/or letting their parents know, I come to their homes and checked inside. But when thing seems normal and kids are happy, someone lied to me about "abuses." But I don't take it lightly. Enemy or friend, they can be in the same boat as being "helpers." I'm doing for other deaf ppl who are afraid to file the reports or call someone for help. I still hate the hearsay while making the report. Still I check with them first who are the apparently "victims" before I can file the report or call the social workers or family members.

Odd, when I came up to a person's home and there was nothing indicate of having a suicide until this person was telling me a prank because he was simply bored with some deaf community. He thought it was funny. I didn't think it was funny. I knocked him down in front of his brother and sister and walked away. Got fed up and made my hurting hand felt good. Some are honest, some are lying.

There was time when someone was suicidal (this one was real), a deaf friend of mine was suicidal as she told someone and someone told me. I, too, jumped and rushed to her home to make sure she's okay. First, I thought someone is playing a prank like the last time and I was hoping it was serious this time. I stayed with her for a few days so she can stop thinking about it while we chatted for hours. Got a help for her and she felt much better and has a job now. Her mother severed a relationship between them due to lack of communication between her and her mom.

Whenever a person did was pretty lame excuse to test someone with "suicidal", "drug-dealing", "prostitution" "abuse(s)", etc... you named it. These words are not to be taken lightly. I would test him or her with "Hey, I have three boyfriends behind each other's back," and let the words fly through like a breeze. ((shrug)) Sooner or later, they will look down on this person who spreaded like a wild-fire and found out this person is not to be trusted at all.

Now I don't have much time since I'm heavily in college and kids life. It's difficult for me to go in to every friend's home I known. So I just encourage them to call 911 and/or social workers if they need to do something to help others.

So don't ever do this again, coloravalanche, it's not nice and it's not right to do it. It's immature and it's a very serious matter. Supposely if he or she is arrested for filing a false report, this person can point a finger at you and stated you are the one. How would you feel? A person who appeared in the court can let the judge know if a judge ask him/her, "Why are you filing a false police report and who told you that this person was ......?" A person would say your names and said, "he told my friend names....... that he was planning a ............ and I thought it was so real, I called the police to check on him." Can you lied this time? No, your friend will stood up for her and tell the judge that you are the one who told her and she told her friend. It's not a pretty picture of what will happen in the court.

I was in bed thinking and couldnt sleep since I slept most of it over the weekend due to my nasty flu. I am here in the middle of the morning. Oh boy ~! While I was thinking in bed while wide awake ~~~

I thought of your enemy did called the police since you said suicide. Liebling said it first before I did. I should have beat her to it, but she was thinking the same thing I was thinking.

Another thing is that your enemy could get you in trouble for lying because "SUICIDE" is taken very serious and Whitewolf said it so I dont have to repeat.

So let you know I with them for what they had to say. This is something that we all learn from this. It not just you, but others who ever thought of using that Suicide or other serious words as a joke. A lesson for anyone.

You are right, Liebling...Suicide is not a joke or funny at all..it is a very serious matter and it is a serious matter to the police as Taylor said for he is so right! I happen to know a policeman here in my town. We were with him one night, when he got a "suicide call" and he had to take this woman to the
mental health center for observation but turned out that she was so drunk that she was just talking crap about it but police took it as a serious matter cuz she used the word "SUICIDE"..geez.
So Taylor knows what he is talking about, Coloravalanche..
Never use the word "suicde" even though you dont mean it or joking around!!
Just like the word "Fire" ..you just dont holler "fire" in the theatre or in any crowded places inside an building just for joking around, it would cause stampede out of fear.
We are NOT judging you at all, its just that we think you should not use the
word suicide to your friend or enemies, period.
You just have to test them in a different ways, thats all.

if my friend told me she tried to kill herself wether or not shes doing fine two weeks later and told me not tell anyone. That is one situation i would not keep to myself i would tell our other friends and try to get her help. So i agree with most of everyone else. you started this false lie .. karma comes back to you and obviously it was the police.

A true friend or just a concerned human being would tattle on you if you were talking about killing yourself. I would tell on you, too, if I could, because I care about you as a fellow AD member and human being. Others are right, suicide is not the best thing to "test" others. That has serious consequences that you may not have considered before making this thread. But the good news is that you got off easy.. so, take it as a lesson well learned.. in friendship and in society. :D

Don't hang with the ones that you don't feel right about - there are plenty of nice people out there who would love to be your friend because they like you as you are! :) Don't worry, and live for yourself. It's never worth it to worry about the ones who want to make it difficult for you!!

First off, you shouldnt need to "test" anyone at all and it costs taxpayers money for a cop to be at your door asking you about your "action"

If I were you i would just leave the whole thing alone. your "enemy" is concerned cos they care...friends or not.

If you know who your friends are then its not worth all the hassle to go through with.As you know the deaf community is a very small world. the words get around faster than those F-14 jets LOL I'll tell ya..its not worth it.

Jut a thought here :)

^Angel^ said:
I'm sure she learn her lesson not to do it next time and beside I think everyone has lie in the past or now, for the fact that she did lied about attempted suicide, which I can understand it was a poor taste, because I have lost a great friend of mine from school and my grandfather too from sucidial and I also have attempted suicide in the past myself too, and I know it not something that you can joke around with or lie about it either, I've helped a few of my friends with the same problem, it something I take seriously...

Coloravalanche, I know you had made a bad judgement on your part, and I'm really glad you admit that you did lied to your friend, I know people makes mistakes or made some bad judgement on their part also, so next time when you have a problem or an issue from a friend, just cut all ties with them without having to lie cause then you will know you did it in a honest way instead of making too much trouble out of it....

Afterall, The truth shall set you free! :hug:...

It's worse than bad judgment. Some things you just don't do. Lying about attempting suicide is one of them.

Those are welfare checks by police. I seen them get abused. It usually happens around June 30 each year my ex wife calls the police with some story enough to convince the police to do a welfare check on me. I answer the door and theyre like 'you ok?' and stuff and tell me what they got on me and then they left.

I complained about this and the seargent at the station had advised me that the next time she calls them about me like that theyre going to be paying her a visit instead.

Richard

Back