The police came to my house...

C

coloravalanche

I haven't had a chance to tell you all about what happened last Monday night...you wont believe to hear this!

At first, I was watching television then I was about to fall asleep so I went to bed early...about 1 or 2 hours later...someone was at the door..so it was the police!

I invited the police in...I asked the police if my family were okay..He said yes...and that wasn't the reason why he was at my house...I was like oh geez not again with deaf community!!! They always find a way to contact the police and get me trouble for NOTHING or NO REASON!

Like one time last year which I wasnt awared of it until a month ago or so...I discovered the truth that my friend who was supposed to be my true friend but she isnt! Anyway, she told the police that I broke her car window! :roll:

I foundout that she lied to the police about it...and that her car window was already broken last summer...so the D.A. is going to charge her for false report! :lol:

ANYWAY, back to the subject about last Monday night....The police sat down and wrote me a note...He said that my friend was "concerned" about me so she called the police to check on me...:roll: I said what's up with that?

The police said that my friend told him that I was going to suicidal last Monday night! I was like WHAT?? He also said the person told him to sent me to mental hospital...I was :mad: I told the police that It was not true and I was FINE!

I asked the police who was this person so he gave me the name! I was suprised and said Hey! She is my ENEMY! Why would she be concerned about me? What a hypocrise of her! I told the police that she is NOT my friend!

What a night!! SIGH!

ANYWAY...Here is another story...Last week, I decided to give a big TEST to my other friend to see if she gossip behind my back...I told her that I was going through suicidal attempt two weeks ago and that I almost died..so I lied to her about it! I wanted to see if she gossip about me or not...

So SHE DID! She told my enemy friend about it so that was the reason why my enemy friend called the police last Monday night! Now, I can't trust my friend!! :whistle:

I despise to lie..but sometimes we have to test to see if they are our true friend or not! I dont test hearies but only deafies here! I cant trust them anyway...I only trust my deafies friends in other states ONLY! We keep in touch for years...

I know how you feel. Someone did that to me once. I stopped by his room to give him something important. I had a couple friends with me as witnesses. Well, he ignored the doorbell for a few minutes... then answered the door. He then "panicked". The next day, I received a report saying that there was a restraining order against me because I had brought 11 people with me, ganged up, and threatened to "beat the shit" out of him.

I haven't had a chance to tell you all about what happened last Monday night...you wont believe to hear this!

At first, I was watching television then I was about to fall asleep so I went to bed early...about 1 or 2 hours later...someone was at the door..so it was the police!

I invited the police in...I asked the police if my family were okay..He said yes...and that wasn't the reason why he was at my house...I was like oh geez not again with deaf community!!! They always find a way to contact the police and get me trouble for NOTHING or NO REASON!

Like one time last year which I wasnt awared of it until a month ago or so...I discovered the truth that my friend who was supposed to be my true friend but she isnt! Anyway, she told the police that I broke her car window!

I foundout that she lied to the police about it...and that her car window was already broken last summer...so the D.A. is going to charge her for false report!

ANYWAY, back to the subject about last Monday night....The police sat down and wrote me a note...He said that my friend was "concerned" about me so she called the police to check on me... I said what's up with that?

The police said that my friend told him that I was going to suicidal last Monday night! I was like WHAT?? He also said the person told him to sent me to mental hospital...I was I told the police that It was not true and I was FINE!

I asked the police who was this person so he gave me the name! I was suprised and said Hey! She is my ENEMY! Why would she be concerned about me? What a hypocrise of her! I told the police that she is NOT my friend!

What a night!! SIGH!

ANYWAY...Here is another story...Last week, I decided to give a big TEST to my other friend to see if she gossip behind my back...I told her that I was going through suicidal attempt two weeks ago and that I almost died..so I lied to her about it! I wanted to see if she gossip about me or not...

So SHE DID! She told my enemy friend about it so that was the reason why my enemy friend called the police last Monday night! Now, I can't trust my friend!!

I despise to lie..but sometimes we have to test to see if they are our true friend or not! I dont test hearies but only deafies here! I cant trust them anyway...I only trust my deafies friends in other states ONLY! We keep in touch for years.

Oh dear - well - umm, your "so-called" friend you told her a fib, but how would she knows if its a lie or true.

If its true, she would feel guilty for not do something to save your life and thinking "Only if".

Why do you tell her a make-up talk, do you want her to feel sad/sorry for you?

Please not do it again, others will thinks its serious. whether you like it or not, you make your own bed and laying on it.

:-o That is illegally to make a false police report. I don't understand people who are immature and lie about stuff like that, That has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm sorry that happened to you, coloravalanche and Vampy. That sucks! I hope nobody does that to me-- call to make a false police report on me.

I've seen some people would phone the Department of Child service on others, just for the hell of it, They have no idea that Department of Child service do take cases seriously and others can lose their children automatically. Always be very careful when anyone make false report. Make sure you have proof of evidences.

Tamara said:
Oh dear - well - umm, your "so-called" friend you told her a fib, but how would she knows if its a lie or true.

If its true, she would feel guilty for not do something to save your life and thinking "Only if".

Why do you tell her a make-up talk, do you want her to feel sad/sorry for you?

Please not do it again, others will thinks its serious. whether you like it or not, you make your own bed and laying on it.

Did you read my post carefully? The reason why I told her a make up talk because I was testing to see if she has big mouth telling others or not...No, I did not want her to feel sad or sorry for me...

In matter of fact, I told her NOT to tell anyone about it...but she did anyway! She told my enemy friend about it so my enemy friend called the police to create problems...

It was one time being though...you see, my friend has hurt me many times in the past...that is why I had to test to see if I could trust her or not...obviously, I can't trust her!

Well, I agree with Tamara...The "friend" called police just in case you did go with "suicide"..just to be sure..cuz a lot of people do commit suicide so maybe this friend was being concerned..so really dont get mad at this friend.
And another thing, i would not say things like that to nobody, not even your enemies, cuz it is a serious matter..and i would not even say false things either to nobody cuz people tend to believe things you say to them and they will tell everybody just for gossip and it gets out of hand so it would be best to keep quiet, really. Otherwise, it would cause you problems, like police involvement and stuff like that happened to you.
It would be best just leave your enemies alone..if you dont want any trouble or problems in your life!

I´m with Tamara and Defee! I can´t add my post here because Tamara and Defee said enough!

If the police were called, they have to check it out.

One thing is I'm not entirely sure why you are upset. You told somebody that you were suicidal and then got upset the cops were called (I understand you weren't upset with the cops). I can see where you are coming from when trying to see if somebody is talking behind your back, but in the future, I would suggest doing something other than saying that you are going to kill yourself.

In some states, you could have actually been committed to a mental hospital for doing what you did. You tell a friend that you want to commit suicide, that friend tells a friend, and then the police are on your doorstep. You tell the police 'I only meant it as a joke' and the next response will be 'Your coming with me'.

I've dealt with this scenario in the past...and many suicidal people will tell me that they didn't mean to say it or that they were playing a joke, or a variety of other reasons...the point is I have to take them away. Even if it were a joke and I let the person go....I'm up the creek if that person goes and actually does something. My job is not worth losing over a joke or a comment somebody wants to make to a friend.

coloravalanche said:
...ANYWAY...Here is another story...Last week, I decided to give a big TEST to my other friend to see if she gossip behind my back...I told her that I was going through suicidal attempt two weeks ago and that I almost died..so I lied to her about it! I wanted to see if she gossip about me or not...
You really can't lie about something that serious and not expect something serious to result. I'm afraid you brought some of that trouble upon yourself.

Taylor said:
In some states, you could have actually been committed to a mental hospital for doing what you did. You tell a friend that you want to commit suicide, that friend tells a friend, and then the police are on your doorstep. You tell the police 'I only meant it as a joke' and the next response will be 'Your coming with me'.

I'm up the creek if that person goes and actually does something. My job is not worth losing over a joke or a comment somebody wants to make to a friend.

Taylor, I have a ‘hypothetical’ question for you, if you wouldn’t mind answering. I’m wondering how you would handle the following scenario: an 82-year-old man with a known history of mental illness is making threatening phone calls to his neighbors. He has made at least 15 telephone calls to at least 3 of his neighbors over a 2-year period, threatening to shoot them, cut their heads off, and lob hand grenades through their window. Two of these neighbors are retired single women living alone. Moreover, he has a long-standing delusion that one of his neighbors is involved in an affair with his wife. He believes that his wife is providing this neighbor with monetary gifts in exchange for sexual favors. His delusion his so firmly entrenched that he tells other people about it, complete with detailed descriptions of their encounters, which he claims to have witnessed firsthand. The truth of the matter is that his wife is 30 years older than this neighbor, and the two have never even spoken to each other. His tirades have now escalated to the point where he is accosting this neighbor on the street, loudly threatening him with his life, and sufficiently frightening witnesses to these events to the point where they have called the police on him. If you were the responding officer, how would you handle it? Would you take him in for 72-hour observation, or would you try to handle the situation diplomatically? Let’s say you do nothing and he later physically attacks his neighbor. Would your job be on the line because of it? Would it render your department susceptible to civil litigation?

Levonian,
Excellent question!!! There are actually several options here.

First, from a mental standpoint, I would consider taking him away for an eval but there is one problem with that. I would have to see something in my presence that shows that he is a danger to himself or to others (again, we are speaking from a mental point and not a criminal point). If a neighbor tells me that the man is crazy and needs to be committed, I could not go on that alone. If I speak to the man and he tells me something like 'My neighbors don't like me because of the trees I have in my yard and they are just trying to cause problems to get me kicked out of the neighborhood'. Based on statements like that, I could not do much. If he tells me his wife is having an affair and wants to kill the SOB, then that gives me more leeway and I have observed the threat (or threatening manner).

In order for ME (as in police officer), I would have to observe that he is a danger to himself or others. Just an example of what I mean by that, a homeless guy walks around talking to people that aren't there...swinging at flies buzzing around him (that aren't there) and is just acting strange, there is nothing I can do about him. Its not against the law to be 'crazy' unless it presents a danger.

Now, lets get to the legal standpoint of it. Based on what you have told me (assuming that everything is factual), and talking to the neighbors that he has harrassed, I still could not legally make the arrest. I can only arrest for a misdemeanor committed in my presence (with few exceptions, such as domestic violence...I can arrest for a minor assault that did not occur in my presence). Something that you need to keep in mind is that my options are limited by the law. If its a misdemeanor and I did not see it happen, I cannot arrest. If your neighbors tell me that he is harrassing them..even threatening them, I still cannot legally make the arrest.

I would, however, make my best argument to you to go to your court commissioner (commissioners have various names around the country) and tell the commissioner everything. The commissioner can then have charges brought up and possibly have an arrest warrant issued. If that happens, then I CAN legally make the arrest off of the warrant. Not all officers will do so, but I would personally write a report on it so you have documentation to back you up. The commissioner does not need to see the report, but if I write one and you are given a case number, then that number is given to the commissioner.

The thing is, the law is the law and I cannot circumvent it...so even if I wanted to make the original arrest, I couldn't do so legally....but you can have the commissioner allow me (or any officer) make the arrest. Does that make sense?

A lot of an arrest decision is what I see and hear while there...Even if there is evidence of a crime such as a destruction of property (given that its a misdemeanor), I can't arrest. You might be shocked at the fact that oftentimes, you have more rights than I do (people believe that police have a lot of power...in some cases we do, but oftentimes citizens have more power than we do).

Now the disclaimer ;) What I have provided above is my opinion only based on the laws within my own state and local ordinances...and not applicable to all other states. If you need assistance, send me a PM and I will help you research what options would be available to you. Don't forget, because of the nature of the incident, you can always call the police and speak with the officer. A local cop would be better in dealing with local issues.

Defee said:
Well, I agree with Tamara...The "friend" called police just in case you did go with "suicide"..just to be sure..cuz a lot of people do commit suicide so maybe this friend was being concerned..so really dont get mad at this friend.
And another thing, i would not say things like that to nobody, not even your enemies, cuz it is a serious matter..and i would not even say false things either to nobody cuz people tend to believe things you say to them and they will tell everybody just for gossip and it gets out of hand so it would be best to keep quiet, really. Otherwise, it would cause you problems, like police involvement and stuff like that happened to you.
It would be best just leave your enemies alone..if you dont want any trouble or problems in your life!

SIGH! I understand your point of view...but I dont think you guys understand my point of view....

You're right that I shouldnt have mentioned about sucidal...I was testing to see if she was trustworthy or not...I told her not to tell anyone...I told her that I was okay and had some support...

You see, I got tired of not finding the truth about her...everytime I share with her something..the gossip spread then she denies it..so finally I thought well I need to test her real big issue so now I see she has a big mouth!

Please dont throw at me...dont put me down like this...I understand where you all are coming from...but please understand that I was only testing to see if she was my friend or not...I guess it was a bad idea to do this!

I realize now that I literally dont want to be around her again...everytime that she and I become friends again and again and again....she keeps hurting me repeately!!

I'm afraid you brought some of that trouble upon yourself
coloravalanche said:
What do you mean by that?
You must bear the consequences of the actions.

*Edit* - it should read "As one makes one's bed, so one must lie on it"

Taylor said:
If the police were called, they have to check it out.

One thing is I'm not entirely sure why you are upset. You told somebody that you were suicidal and then got upset the cops were called (I understand you weren't upset with the cops). I can see where you are coming from when trying to see if somebody is talking behind your back, but in the future, I would suggest doing something other than saying that you are going to kill yourself.

I've dealt with this scenario in the past...and many suicidal people will tell me that they didn't mean to say it or that they were playing a joke, or a variety of other reasons...the point is I have to take them away. Even if it were a joke and I let the person go....I'm up the creek if that person goes and actually does something. My job is not worth losing over a joke or a comment somebody wants to make to a friend.

Actually, I didnt tell a friend that I want to commit suicide...I told her that I was committed suicidal attempt two weeks ago...I told her that last week...and that I was doing fine now...I told her not to tell anyone..and that I had support group to help me...

Then she told my enemy friend about it..she knew that I dont like my enemy friend at all...she told me that she has nothing to do with my enemy friend too...but she lied!!!!

You're right I shouldnt have mentioned suicidal attempt but I was only trying to see if she was trustworthy or not...

A true friend should not tell anyone about anything period! Supposed if I told someone that I went to hospital for surgery or whatever...that I didnt want her to tell anyone...she didnt tell anyone...that is trustworthy friendship!

Get my point?

coloravalanche said:
A true friend should not tell anyone about anything period!
A true friend shouldn't lie or make up stories. It works both ways.

Bottom line--the two of you are not friends, and should just cut all ties with each other before more damage is done.

Reba said:
A true friend shouldn't lie or make up stories. It works both ways.

Bottom line--the two of you are not friends, and should just cut all ties with each other before more damage is done.

That's true! However, I did not mean to lie..I was only trying to test to see if she was trustworthy or not...that was mistake I made however I now can see who she really is!

coloravalanche said:
A true friend should not tell anyone about anything period! Supposed if I told someone that I went to hospital for surgery or whatever...that I didnt want her to tell anyone...she didnt tell anyone...that is trustworthy friendship!

coloravalanche,

I think your point of logic is that you think telling someone that you attempted suicide is warped. Not only that, but very unsmart. :thumbd:

Your so-called "enemy" has proven that she/he is actually a friend, one of which you need. I side with what Taylor said, as he is the law enforcement officer here. What Tamara and the others said is good, too.

You're lucky it wasn't me with the police that night, as I would have insisted that an ambulance be called and you to be brought to the hospital for a mental evaluation. In fact, since you think it's a big joke, I recommend you do that and get back to us with the results.

No smiley face for you, little girl. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

coloravalanche said:
That's true! However, I did not mean to lie..I was only trying to test to see if she was trustworthy or not...that was mistake I made however I now can see who she really is!
You can call it a "test" but it was still a lie.

I don't think you proved "who she really is" but you showed something about yourself. I think you need to do some honest soul searching.

pek1 said:
coloravalanche,

I think your point of logic is that you think telling someone that you attempted suicide is warped. Not only that, but very unsmart. :thumbd:

Your so-called "enemy" has proven that she/he is actually a friend, one of which you need. I side with what Taylor said, as he is the law enforcement officer here. What Tamara and the others said is good, too.

You're lucky it wasn't me with the police that night, as I would have insisted that an ambulance be called and you to be brought to the hospital for a mental evaluation. In fact, since you think it's a big joke, I recommend you do that and get back to us with the results.

No smiley face for you, little girl. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

My enemy friend is NOT my friend at all...she has gossiped bad about me...you guys dont know the WHOLE story...so therefore you guys cant judge me about this situation...because you all dont know the WHOLE story...

I wasnt being a big joke about this...

Back