The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said you made a statement.

What they know? It's about their faith. It's about testing the word of the Bible. The Bible is a historical document with eye-witness accounts, archelogical accounts that have been corroborated, etc.

As for your opinion on free will, fine. I have mine, you have yours. What more do you want?

Why do I even try to talk to you? :dunno:

DC, I really don't get your point. How can anyone have an existence without a birthday? Children have birthdays and parents celebrate everyday that child brings joy but they also celebrate the childs birthday as a sign of growth. To celebrate Christmas is to acknowledge that Jesus was with a person the past year and will be for the coming year. Of course, everyone has a right not to celebrate just as I don't allow a celebration of my birthday.

DC is simply saying that the religious doctrine tells us to celebrate our faith every day, not just once a year. Yes, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If that is the only time we celebrate, then we are not really following the teachings of Jesus. This according to the bible of course and my interpretation of such. :D

Did I ever say December 25th was his birthday? NO. Before replying, perhaps actually read what i wrote?

Never mind. Nearly forgot for a sec that this is kokonut I'm dealing with.

Moving on.

I didn't say you said Dec 25 was His birth date. I already read what you wrote. I understood it. I made it clear that Dec 25 was a date people chose to celebrate the *birth* of Christ. I gave examples in the Bible on the rejoicing of the birth of Christ. No one claimed, you or I, or others that He was born on Dec 25.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/95985-origins-homosexuality-25.html#post1974566

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/95985-origins-homosexuality-24.html#post1974459

Unless you have historical and archealogical documents to prove that the Tooth Fairy exists, I'll recant.

Hey! I have a personal relationship with the Tooth Ferry... He's not going to like what you just said... grrrrr

:giggle:

DC is simply saying that the religious doctrine tells us to celebrate our faith every day, not just once a year. Yes, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If that is the only time we celebrate, then we are not really following the teachings of Jesus. This according to the bible of course and my interpretation of such. :D

Exactly what are the teachings of Jesus?

Exactly what are the teachings of Jesus?

That my dear friend is where you consult a bible to get your answer. I suggest you focus on the new testament.

You think that no one here has studied the New Testament? :laugh2:

Why? Because I called you on it?

I guess in your viewpoint he's not very effective as a Commander in Chief.

No, because indoctrination has everything to do with PTSD. Since you consistently make reference to your "military background" one would think you would be more well informed regarding the most common disorder suffered by returning vets.

He was trying to bait me. very sad is all I can say.

Apparently, he needs a refresher course. Especially the part about humility and compassion.

He doesn't have to be physically present in order to know what's going on.

Then to be privy to all the conversations and indoctrination, he would have to have a nanny cam set up.

Unless you have historical and archealogical documents to prove that the Tooth Fairy exists, I'll recant.

My point was they not exist. God, Santa, unicorns, Tooth Fairy, leprechauns, Jesus. All fictional.

Even to parents who lost their baby sees her/him as perfect.

You're not making sense. Creating a person that is able to think and make their own decision is better than to create a person who is not allowed to think and make their own decisions. One is given the gift of free will which is not an example of a "robot." While the other is an example of a "robot," unable to think and make choices of their own because they have no free will to begin with.

No, kokonutless, you are the one not making sense.

There's a difference between celebrating the birth of Christ vs celebrating the day he was born on.

The bible didn't say to worship the birthday of Christ is to celebrate.

Expecially when the date was a made up one taken from pagan celebration of the winter solstice.:laugh2:

I disagree with this post although I know that humans are mammals and thus part of animal kingdom.

According to "Sacred Cows and Golden Geese" by C. Ray Greek and Jean Swingle Greek, "...we learned that though cardiac-bypass surgery was practiced extensively on animals, when first tried on humans, the patients actually died. Penicillin kills guinea pigs and is not effective in rabbits."

I was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back