The Making of a Word: Audism ...And More

Mookie said:
Rockdrummer,
You dont want to come to Better President Now rally at Gally? What's matter with you? Would Deaf elitists grabs and give you an offical title, "Salad Boy"? OH come on. Is that why you are afraid of any salad tosser? Who knows if any female deafie would be happly to show you the salad tricks...For your info, there is no salad nazi on Gally campus.I hope that you don't feel like a salad shooter...
Slangs...
WOW... where the hell is this going? So you found the urban dictionary and now you know the meaning.. Good for you. The thread is about audism not Gally or salad tossing but thank you for your amusing commentary.

I find it interesting that those who do not seem intelligent enough to debate appropriately often resort to name-calling and belittling their opponents because they can't seem to muster up adequate discussion matter. :whistle:

Oh, and I really thought the topic here was the term "AUDISM"....not the gally prez or "salad tossing".

Eve said:
I find it interesting that those who do not seem intelligent enough to debate appropriately often resort to name-calling and belittling their opponents because they can't seem to muster up adequate discussion matter. :whistle:

Oh, and I really thought the topic here was the term "AUDISM"....not the gally prez or "salad tossing".

Eve, Rockdrummer started to provide me his educational insight in slangs.. :whistle:

rockdrummer said:
WOW... where the hell is this going? So you found the urban dictionary and now you know the meaning.. Good for you. The thread is about audism not Gally or salad tossing but thank you for your amusing commentary.

Sure, you are welcome. :cheers:

I was not award of that new "salad toss" slangs until you brought it up.

What is your favorite item on the salad bar? :lol:

Eve said:
I find it interesting that those who do not seem intelligent enough to debate appropriately often resort to name-calling and belittling their opponents because they can't seem to muster up adequate discussion matter. :whistle:Oh, and I really thought the topic here was the term "AUDISM"....not the gally prez or "salad tossing".
Thanks Eve, Mookie looses focus eaisly but he seems like a good guy to me. I think he is obssessed with the whole Gally thing and now maybe even salad tossing. Do you think Mookie is a deaf audist????

Mookie said:
Hey Rockdrummer,There is a link for Audism....I bet that you are not aware of its website....
Hey Mookie, Thanks for the link. I went there and it seems a bit bias. Here is a link for you that is more along the line of Tom's definition http://deafness.about.com/cs/deafculture/a/audism.htm I think there are deaf that are audist's too. It's not just the hearing discriminating against the deaf. It's also the deaf discriminating against other deaf, or HOH, or folks with CI or HA. It's kind of like those students at Gally that don't want JKF because she is not deaf enough. Or like the deaf that wont date other deaf because they have hearing parents or they are not proficient with ASL.

what.JPG

Mookie said:
If you are really interested in stomping out Audism, then step up to the plate and start an awarness campaign. Educate the hearing community of deaf issues. Seriously, I am 45 years old and in for most of my life I had never even met a deaf person. Untill my son became deaf and I started diving into this I was never aware of the issues that the deaf face. I was never aware of the discrimination and the history of how the deaf struggle and how some still struggle today. I see alot of deaf people talking about the problems but I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate. I can tell you with a high degree of certanty that you will have a tremendous impact if you make folks aware. But to be successful you have to remove any bias and remain objective to the entire deaf experience. You will not succeed if you are anti this or anti that.

You make a lot of tounge and cheek comments to me Mookie. While I find it amusing, it makes me think that you don't take me seriously. If you want me to take you seriously then a little mutual respect is in order here.

Thank you Mookie, I have mentioned about it in DeafNotes.. People do not listen us very well that is a huge serious problem nowadays.

I will always miss him and have met him in person. He s so awesome and cool guy. Also he can speak like me. ;) I know deaf people can do anything except hear. It s proven already but people chose not to listen to us.

I am wondering if they are too afraid that Deaf people are successful so they pushed us away from deaf and hearing community because we cannot hear or speak perfect. UMMPPHH!!

Thanks! ;)
Sweetmind

Sorry... post removed because I would rather stay on the high road and I am not sure I understood your posting ....

Sweetmind said:
Thank you Mookie, I have mentioned about it in DeafNotes.. People do not listen us very well that is a huge serious problem nowadays.
I wish I understood what Mookie is saying. I take it as an insult to me personally. I now have the feeling I am wrong... I think that it's awsome of this man.. Can I ask.. has he passed away??

Well I dont think Mookie is trying to be rude since you dont get it yet. Thats why we are too frustrated with audism people who does not listen or understand what we are trying to educate them.. He did explain everything as much as he pointed that out clearly that they are not gonna to change their attitude. They think they know it all about us and our Deaf community that turns out very negative comments about our Deaf university all the time. I dont think it s quite fair.

Mookie and I are much alike that we are not giving it up that easily because audism people have not stopped their excuses and degradation about our deafness and devices. Of course we are being very stubborn because we know the truth about being deaf and our abilities that no one allowed us to.

Audism people have no respect people like us..

Yes he died few years ago that is very sad to lose other deaf citizens in our Deaf community. I miss him dearly and have so much pride from his Deaf spirits.

SHAWN DALE BARNETT,RECENTLY PASSED AWAY DUE TO HIS PAINFUL BATTLE WITH CANCER ON FEBRUARY 23rd,8:08AM, at his home in LEAVENWORTH,KANSAS.HE WAS WITH HIS FAMILY.

Thanks! ;)
Sweetmind

Mookie said:
Shawn Dale Barnett, thanks for proving the ingorant audists that you finally have beated your wholeheart drums in your true dreams....
AKA, WORLD FAMOUS PROFESSIONAL 100 PERCENT DEAF DRUMMER

Rest in Peace, Brother.....
Sweetmind, Here is Mookies post that I am referring to. What does this mean. Is Shawn dead? Is what I have bolded a quote from Shawn or Mookie? Sorry but I am confused here. And for the record, I belive that ANY person can achieve ANYTHING if they put their heart and mind into it. I know that I am not alone in my beliefs.

rockdrummer said:
Yes just as your true colors are shining through. Remember Mookie, sometimes it's better to not say anything and let folks think you are an idiot rather than to say something and remove all doubt. I have no respect for you and your obvious audist attitude towards me. F.O.A.D. BROTHER.

I couldn't agree with you more... Now, I really think Mookie needs a salad tosser, that's for a damn sure... :dance2: :scatter:

(fyi: I learned "salad tosser" come from Comedian Chris Rock from HBO, so that's how I know :D )

Nuty said:
I couldn't agree with you more... Now, I really think Mookie needs a salad tosser, that's for damn sure... :dance2: :scatter:
(fyi: I learned "salad tosser" come from Comedian Chris Rock from HBO, so that's how I know :D )
I actually removed that post in an attempt to stay on the high road and to make sure I understand what Mookies' intent was. It's not clear if that is him speaking or a quote from Shawn. The guy (Mookie) comes out of left field sometimes and it's confusing. I will reserve my comments untill I get further clearification. For the record, my quote in Nuty's post was removed.... Hey Nuty... I love your avitar... Gotta have more cowbell.....

rockdrummer said:
I actually removed that post in an attempt to stay on the high road and to make sure I understand what Mookies' intent was. It's not clear if that is him speaking or a quote from Shawn. The guy (Mookie) comes out of left field sometimes and it's confusing. I will reserve my comments untill I get further clearification. For the record, my quote in Nuty's post was removed.... Hey Nuty... I love your avitar... Gotta have more cowbell.....

Understood :)

Yeah, we gotta have more cowbell because most of us in here are deaf. :giggle:

I strongly believe MOOKIE proves you wrong since Deaf people can do anything except hear. Audism people are being so inferior themselves since they dont really accept their deafness or our deafness. They are actually to make it looks like that Deaf people cant cant cant cant because we do not wear any devices. JEEZ!!!

No wonder people thinks Deaf people cant do anything unless We must have or have to have the HEAR and SPEAK only in hearing community that 's where it comes from AUDISM people who told a big lies about us..

They are too afraid that we have already proved that we Deaf people are successful in this diverse world not in hearing world.

Thanks!
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
I strongly believe MOOKIE proves you wrong since Deaf people can do anything except hear.
Proves me wrong about what?? That is where I am confused. Was Mookie giving me an example of leadership or were these his words to me? And as I said, I believe that ANY person can do ANYTHING if they put their heart and mind to it.

Audism people are being so inferior themselves since they dont really accept their deafness or our deafness. They are actually to make it looks like that Deaf people cant cant cant cant because we do not wear any devices. JEEZ!!!
Yes I agree and that is a shame. How would you personally go about changing that? What can be done to change this perception?

No wonder people thinks Deaf people cant do anything unless We must have or have to have the HEAR and SPEAK only in hearing community that 's where it comes from AUDISM people who told a big lies about us.. They are too afraid that we have already proved that we Deaf people are successful in this diverse world not in hearing world. It's sad that there are still people out there like this.
That is why I was trying to make a point about promoting awareness. Let me give you an example and this is in no way a comparison to the deaf condition but an example of how to affect change. There are now building codes that require any new construction or major remodeling of public structures to be "accessible" The wider doorways and lowered sinks, ramps, etc. to accomidate people in wheelchairs. This is an example of how a group with unique needs changed the world to accomidate them. My guess is that they used the existing framework within the government the same way special interest groups and lobbyists do. Pardon my ignorance but has there ever been such an effort for deaf issues?
Thanks!
Sweetmind
No, Thank you. You know despite the way others percieve you I can see the message you are sending.. IMO You have the potential to to be a highly effective person to promote awareness. You have made me aware of things that I would have otherwise not considered.

Back