The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch!! How on earth did THAT happen? :shock:

Um, it's embarrassing. I was at a fraternity function up in the mountains. Long story short, I had a wild night. Then I woke up, having peed myself during my sleep, and I got too close to the huge bonfire we had last night. It was still burning and I was too close.

So my pants caught fire and people were like "(name) you are on fire!" And I didn't realize it till I looked down and started rolling. Since we didn't have water (we had consumed large quantities of beer :lol:), they had milk and Gatorade to put out the fire.

I regret it though. I was actually supposed to be some place else since I had a commitment with them. You see, I was a budding cyclist who wanted to be a semi professional. I was on a sponsored cycling team. After that accident, I had broken off with my team. Another thing is that, cycling is a cutt-throat sport. Cyclist spend YEARS to build up their cardiovascular system to optimal levels. In essence, my undoing came over night.

I couldn't do anything for 3 to 4 months. Even when I did recover, I was absolutely demoralized. I stopped working out. The only thing I could fall back on was being in my fraternity. It was fun but it got to a point where I used alcohol and cigars as 'coping' points.

So right now, I'm over weight and I just joined a gym yesterday. I worked out for the first time today and I will probably be super sore tomorrow.

So obviously my life has been a train wreck of sorts. I don't drink anymore. I wasn't an alcoholic but it was that I used it as a coping mechanism. It's all my fault basically so I can't blame anyone else. It will take me, tops, a solid year and a half of working out day in and day out to get back to where I was. I used to ride, literally, 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Cyclist, IMO, are the most dedicated athletes on the planet. You'll never know what they go through unless you become one of them.

Anyone want an interesting aerobic exercise: swimming- even if one is deaf. Indoors-year round!
Another interesting exercise for all Cochlear Implant persons: Dancing! No not ChaCha dance steps- environment: Loud music to quiet persons' voice at the same time!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/-07

:confused: what are you talking about???

I do the steps, zumba, body cuts, spinning, turbokicks and go on with those kind of classes that comes with music. I am deaf without HA or CI.
gosh, you are so sillly.

I am deaf without CIs.

I swim every Tuesdays and attend Zumba classes every Fridays.

how do you like zumba?? guess what I have not been gone to the zumba for a while!! the schedule isn't a good time for me. do they have toning zumba?? its more nicer one and more workout. lol

i misssss zumba! i go to the body cuts more than zumba due to the schedule.

I have bad mood again I am very hurt ruin my body! No idea i have problem issues on personal! stop think! i can do cope! try be remind positive!

Um, it's embarrassing. I was at a fraternity function up in the mountains. Long story short, I had a wild night. Then I woke up, having peed myself during my sleep, and I got too close to the huge bonfire we had last night. It was still burning and I was too close.

So my pants caught fire and people were like "(name) you are on fire!" And I didn't realize it till I looked down and started rolling. Since we didn't have water (we had consumed large quantities of beer :lol:), they had milk and Gatorade to put out the fire.

:shock: That's a story to tell the grandkids, eh?

I regret it though. I was actually supposed to be some place else since I had a commitment with them. You see, I was a budding cyclist who wanted to be a semi professional. I was on a sponsored cycling team. After that accident, I had broken off with my team. Another thing is that, cycling is a cutt-throat sport. Cyclist spend YEARS to build up their cardiovascular system to optimal levels. In essence, my undoing came over night.

I couldn't do anything for 3 to 4 months. Even when I did recover, I was absolutely demoralized. I stopped working out. The only thing I could fall back on was being in my fraternity. It was fun but it got to a point where I used alcohol and cigars as 'coping' points.

So right now, I'm over weight and I just joined a gym yesterday. I worked out for the first time today and I will probably be super sore tomorrow.

So obviously my life has been a train wreck of sorts. I don't drink anymore. I wasn't an alcoholic but it was that I used it as a coping mechanism. It's all my fault basically so I can't blame anyone else. It will take me, tops, a solid year and a half of working out day in and day out to get back to where I was. I used to ride, literally, 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Cyclist, IMO, are the most dedicated athletes on the planet. You'll never know what they go through unless you become one of them.

I totally understand when you say that cyclists are dedicated. Good friend of mine is a hardcore cyclist...the stuff he does would kill the average person.

Kudos to you kicking the :cheers: drinking habit.

I am lots of busy project and focus tough! I have hurt my headache whoa! jeez my head pain! not sure anxiety! I think so problem weird! I knew my feeling really OMG!

:shock: That's a story to tell the grandkids, eh?

I totally understand when you say that cyclists are dedicated. Good friend of mine is a hardcore cyclist...the stuff he does would kill the average person.

Kudos to you kicking the :cheers: drinking habit.

I appreciate you hearing me (ironic lol) out dude. Means a lot to me.

Now to get another two hours in at the gym and do some homework.

that is pretty sound! Hope be best hard work! I am very almost tired really pretty sound!I have problem seems patient! I can't complaint but I am accept!

I am lots of busy project and focus tough! I have hurt my headache whoa! jeez my head pain! not sure anxiety! I think so problem weird! I knew my feeling really OMG!
...............what project?

Went out for lunch with my girlfriends..laughed at one of my friend's poop stories.

Looking forward to tmw when my friends come over for Thanksgiving dinner at my house. My hubby spent all day cooking. He has already made over 10 different gourmet dishes and the turkey and ham are ready to be basted tmw.

how do you like zumba?? guess what I have not been gone to the zumba for a while!! the schedule isn't a good time for me. do they have toning zumba?? its more nicer one and more workout. lol

i misssss zumba! i go to the body cuts more than zumba due to the schedule.

I only went to that one time...I missed the one last Friday cuz I went out with my girlfriends for her birthday.

I loved it..I plan on going this Friday. :)

Understand fully...

Two years ago, I started working out for the first time in like 4 years. I was so overweight. I posted about it here on AD how I was going to try to get back to my old days of being an exercise freak. Two years later, I have lost so much and I run, swim, dance, weightlift and so much more.

I am still getting thinner and thinner to this day. Many people at my work are so shocked that the weight still continues to drop.

I am loving it. :)

Understand fully...

Two years ago, I started working out for the first time in like 4 years. I was so overweight. I posted about it here on AD how I was going to try to get back to my old days of being an exercise freak. Two years later, I have lost so much and I run, swim, dance, weightlift and so much more.

I am still getting thinner and thinner to this day. Many people at my work are so shocked that the weight still continues to drop.

I am loving it. :)

That's awesome. :applause: Keep up the good work!

...............what project?

I learn myself is development is improve skills security! project picture and adjust, I am expert to add update lots of hard work tough! not easy I know complication! but transfer upload on update! easy I know experience permission correct I test my think good idea step on grow my goal improve hard work I am work out :D

I learn myself is development is improve skills security! project picture and adjust, I am expert to add update lots of hard work tough! not easy I know complication! but transfer upload on update! easy I know experience permission correct I test my think good idea step on grow my goal improve hard work I am work out :D

why don't you create a blog on your website about your hard work? you don't have to post about it in here everyday

why don't you create a blog on your website about your hard work? you don't have to post about it in here everyday

reason wise too many limit guest and member! not blogs but i have become team player hard work! limit reason strict! once time i Know familiar inactive member is not good! zero i know i am expert I am already research find my job! not post but too many high people tracking might to suggesting my opinion what do you think encourage to social and more support to friends and family also you are wish be believe me! I have link seems pretty hard work I am busy I research find more lots of advertisement pretty sound hard work activities! I have bit more patient pretty skills confidential! protect security!

Thank you...it is amazing how much in shape I am compared to two years ago. Even at my age, it seems to get easier and easier.

Kudos to you!
Am thinking I ought get back to gym and start working out. Hmm, perhaps next week then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back