The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for experienced ADers: I just got a hilarious email that I would like to put in the Jokes forum but all of the stuff I got on the email are attachments, so I was just wondering how I get the attachments of the email in my post. If anyone could talk me through that, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'm really hoping that my American friends like my new signature! :) Canada & the US have very good relations... and I thought that the quote illustrated that, but also gave a funny twist to it by one of my favourite comedians. I also included the American/Canadian flag to add flavour to it! :)

Edit... I just realized how big the picture is, so I'm going to get a smaller one.

I'm really hoping that my American friends like my new signature! :) Canada & the US have very good relations... and I thought that the quote illustrated that, but also gave a funny twist to it by one of my favourite comedians. I also included the American/Canadian flag to add flavour to it! :)

Edit... I just realized how big the picture is, so I'm going to get a smaller one.

What a great pic!

A lot better...:)

I am completely and utterly shocked! I just reconnected with a former classmate whom I was very good friends with. We played softball together on the same teams growing up. She was 5'11 and 180 lbs. She was a big girl but beautiful. We lost touch after I graduated (she was in the class after mine) and then upon her graduation, I heard rumors that she had lost so much weight but didnt see her. Forgot all about it until 3 years later when my former best friend and I ran into her at the college library. That was in '94. We were completely speechless when we saw her cuz she was apparently severly aneroxic..literally a walking skeleton but we didnt say anything to her about her wieght. Just caught up with what we have been up to but I was working so hard to keep my eyes from giving her the look-over. After she left, my friend and I were like "HOly f*** s****! What the hell happened to her?!" I called my former sister-in-law who was best friends with her in high school and she told me that yea, she developed an eating disorder during their senior year in high school. She had lost touch with her at that time.

Well, today, she asked me to be her friend and at first, I didnt know who she was so I looked her up in the yearbook and I was like "OMG..." so I accepted and OMG, I saw her pics...even after 20 years, she looks so underweight...not skeletal but close to it. I messaged her asking her if she was this person and she said yes. She is beautiful but she is so so skinny. If she is still 5'11, she has to weigh around 100 lbs. I cant get her pics out of my head now.

Can someone suffer from anexoria for 20 years??!!!
Absolutely Shel, I admit I suffer from it too. There have been times I've come dangerously close to being hospitalized over it because I would get so weak. But when I hear the word hospital I usually try to bring my weight up back to where everyone is happy, leave it there for a bit, then sneak it back under.

My weight has gone up and down up and down for the last 12 years. I found a pic of me at my lowest weight, I'll have to scan it off and post it sometime.

Absolutely Shel, I admit I suffer from it too. There have been times I've come dangerously close to being hospitalized over it because I would get so weak. But when I hear the word hospital I usually try to bring my weight up back to where everyone is happy, leave it there for a bit, then sneak it back under.

My weight has gone up and down up and down for the last 12 years. I found a pic of me at my lowest weight, I'll have to scan it off and post it sometime.

I understand about eating disorders as I had a mild case myself when I was in my 20s. I just never known of anyone suffering from it that long without either recovering or dying from it. Knwo what I mean?

I sent a private message to another friend who was childhood friends with my friend and she confirmed that she is still suffering from her eating disorder. Their parents are still friends and she told me that her dad said that she is 5'11 and weighs 110 lbs. She had been hovering between 80 to 110 lbs for the past 20 years and almost died a few times. I couldnt stop thinking about her all night. How heartbreaking. My other friend said that the kids were so cruel to her for so many years about her weight when they were growing up. I wish I can see her and give her a big hug..she was such a sweet girl in high school and we were so close for a short time. Poor thing..I hope she is happier now that she just had her first baby and with her hubby. Bullying can seriously affect someone for life. Geez...

Agreed there too Shel, I was bullied and taunted for my weight throughout Junior High thus I developed an ED. Although at present state I would likely be classified as EDNOS and not ED-Ana w/ bulimic tendencies.

Agreed there too Shel, I was bullied and taunted for my weight throughout Junior High thus I developed an ED. Although at present state I would likely be classified as EDNOS and not ED-Ana w/ bulimic tendencies.

Looking back ,there were red flags with her during high school. She would spend so much time in the mornings to ensure that her appearance was perfect. One time, she was late for school because she had to wash her hair again after not being happy how it looked to do it all over again. We were on the JV softball team and she would get soo upset about putting the helmets on cuz it would mess up her hair (big 80s with hairspray) so the following year, she didnt try out for softball again because of that reason. Her nails, make-up and hair were always so perfect. She was beautiful ..big yes, but beautiful. Apparently she couldnt accept it. In her FB pics, it looks like she is still very high maintenance...I see french manicures on her fingers and toes, perfect outfits, perfect make-up, and perfect hair. Wow...

She had red flags back then but as kids, we always teased her about her obsession with her looks. If only we knew...

yeah, it always starts out as a desire to fit, or to look like the people in the glossy mags. Then for some the taunting and teasing only drives the person into an obsessive mode to where they start behaving like your friend did/does. Sometimes I'll see a good looking girl on the street with hair and nails done all perfect, but then I'll see her bones and I think to myself - I bet she's one unhappy person.

I think your signature is great. :)

However, I was quite attracted to your previous avatar with it's promise of cookies.

yeah, it always starts out as a desire to fit, or to look like the people in the glossy mags. Then for some the taunting and teasing only drives the person into an obsessive mode to where they start behaving like your friend did/does. Sometimes I'll see a good looking girl on the street with hair and nails done all perfect, but then I'll see her bones and I think to myself - I bet she's one unhappy person.

I have always dressed to try to fit in but I never went to that extreme. It was in my 20s when I became overweight for the first time in my life (Freshman 15) and was so depressed about my life after not being able to fit into the hearing world like I wanted to. So, I started obsessing about my looks and my weight so when I lost 10 lbs, I got attention and I just became even more obsessed where I was exercising over 20 hours a week and eating practically nothing. I dropped to 125 lbs (I am 5'7) and people started telling me that I was too skinny but in my sick mind, I loved being told that so it just reinforced my behavior. However, I learned ASL and finally accepted my deafness so the obsession stopped.

I think your signature is great. :)

However, I was quite attracted to your previous avatar with it's promise of cookies.

Thanks Botts! :)

:lol: And yes, the cookie avatar is definitely my favourite avatar of all time. It's hilarious and suits my personality. But I thought I'd do a bit of a post makeover. :lol:

I have always dressed to try to fit in but I never went to that extreme. It was in my 20s when I became overweight for the first time in my life (Freshman 15) and was so depressed about my life after not being able to fit into the hearing world like I wanted to. So, I started obsessing about my looks and my weight so when I lost 10 lbs, I got attention and I just became even more obsessed where I was exercising over 20 hours a week and eating practically nothing. I dropped to 125 lbs (I am 5'7) and people started telling me that I was too skinny but in my sick mind, I loved being told that so it just reinforced my behavior. However, I learned ASL and finally accepted my deafness so the obsession stopped.

My lowest weight was 105 and I was darn proud of it although at the time I looked like shit. I'm 5'4" on a good day and even at that size people were telling me I looked like a skeleton.

When I was laid off from PJP I went through another bout with it, the day I left you could see my ribs, so I was probably 120 or slightly less. At around 117 you start seeing my hip bones protrude outward, at 115 you can see my spine, at 110 my knee caps can be seen and often make cracking noises when I walk. At 105 I was having black outs. I imagine if I ever went below 100 I would have definitely been hospitalized, and 95 usually gets one sent off to a 3 month rehab where for the first 30 days you are fed through a tube. So like I said I was very close to having to be hospitalized for it.

I have a friend of mine who is severe anorexic. She's the point that she cannot live by herself, she has to be monitored everyday to make sure she's eating properly. The reason it got to this point is that after she returned from rehab her parents didn't want her going back to her apartment until she proved to them she could take care of herself. After a year of living at home, her parents allowed her to move out again. After she moved out, everytime they wanted to visit she claimed she had to work or told them she was working multiple jobs. (for a while she was working 2 jobs), well she missed work 2 days in a row which was unusual. Her boss called her parents and asked if everything was ok because she hadn't called in or anything. Her parents when to her apartment and found her passed out in the bedroom floor. She was rushed to the ER and she weighed a mere 70 pounds. Because of that she will never be allowed to live alone again. Her parents are afraid that she will die if she's left alone. These days she hovers around 100-110 pounds and she's slightly taller than me. She's thin, but not scary skinny. Her doc says she is underweight for her height, but at present it's not severe enough to post any serious health risks. They just monitor her to make sure she stays above 100.

ARGH!!!!!! ENOUGH RAIN! We got toooooooo much rain this summer!!! Where is our fun outdoor? :( I hardly wait to go BEACH in NC! :)

yeah its raining here, and its humid. i haven't feel the real summer here yet. weird!

I can't wait to see another great Blizzard! They are actually fun. :)

Oh no! you are nuts. I am not looking forward to it. I am tired of driving in the snow, and keep slipping all the way from my home to work. I don't want to deal with that kind of slipping driving. :no:

I know a few ones who have jeep and it still slips as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back