The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do there?

I am so exhausted...stayed up until 3 am hanging out with my hubby, two neighbors, and my brother. It was interesting to see how men talk about women. LOL!
Mine's worse, 6am! :dizzy:

I just got rid of my AVG and got Avira. What do Avira users think of it?

Just got home from another day at the beach with my friends and kids and then we all went to one of their houses to hang out. I love the summer!

An update: I don't like Avira... I am going to switch back to AVG. :P Avira antivirus scans take too long and I've never been able to finish one because it always freezes my computer.

Today I managed to contact a friend from another forum/chat that I used to frequent and volunteer at. I had asked her if she would like to add my MSN so we could still keep in touch, but she blatantly ignored the question and her reply to me was short and sweet. I'm beginning to think that the time I spent there was completely worthless...

Waiting for my yummy dinner ready to eat!!! I am hungry! LOL! I gotta feed my little guy inside me too! :)

Enjoy your evening, ADers! :thumb:

I am completely and utterly shocked! I just reconnected with a former classmate whom I was very good friends with. We played softball together on the same teams growing up. She was 5'11 and 180 lbs. She was a big girl but beautiful. We lost touch after I graduated (she was in the class after mine) and then upon her graduation, I heard rumors that she had lost so much weight but didnt see her. Forgot all about it until 3 years later when my former best friend and I ran into her at the college library. That was in '94. We were completely speechless when we saw her cuz she was apparently severly aneroxic..literally a walking skeleton but we didnt say anything to her about her wieght. Just caught up with what we have been up to but I was working so hard to keep my eyes from giving her the look-over. After she left, my friend and I were like "HOly f*** s****! What the hell happened to her?!" I called my former sister-in-law who was best friends with her in high school and she told me that yea, she developed an eating disorder during their senior year in high school. She had lost touch with her at that time.

Well, today, she asked me to be her friend and at first, I didnt know who she was so I looked her up in the yearbook and I was like "OMG..." so I accepted and OMG, I saw her pics...even after 20 years, she looks so underweight...not skeletal but close to it. I messaged her asking her if she was this person and she said yes. She is beautiful but she is so so skinny. If she is still 5'11, she has to weigh around 100 lbs. I cant get her pics out of my head now.

Can someone suffer from anexoria for 20 years??!!!

I am completely and utterly shocked! I just reconnected with a former classmate whom I was very good friends with. We played softball together on the same teams growing up. She was 5'11 and 180 lbs. She was a big girl but beautiful. We lost touch after I graduated (she was in the class after mine) and then upon her graduation, I heard rumors that she had lost so much weight but didnt see her. Forgot all about it until 3 years later when my former best friend and I ran into her at the college library. That was in '94. We were completely speechless when we saw her cuz she was apparently severly aneroxic..literally a walking skeleton but we didnt say anything to her about her wieght. Just caught up with what we have been up to but I was working so hard to keep my eyes from giving her the look-over. After she left, my friend and I were like "HOly f*** s****! What the hell happened to her?!" I called my former sister-in-law who was best friends with her in high school and she told me that yea, she developed an eating disorder during their senior year in high school. She had lost touch with her at that time.

Well, today, she asked me to be her friend and at first, I didnt know who she was so I looked her up in the yearbook and I was like "OMG..." so I accepted and OMG, I saw her pics...even after 20 years, she looks so underweight...not skeletal but close to it. I messaged her asking her if she was this person and she said yes. She is beautiful but she is so so skinny. If she is still 5'11, she has to weigh around 100 lbs. I cant get her pics out of my head now.

Can someone suffer from anexoria for 20 years??!!!

Yes but they tend to lose a lot of teeth. Also the body starts to shed calcium and they get osteoporosis.

At this time, no treatment program for anorexia nervosa is completely effective. Recovery rates vary between 23 - 50%, and relapses range from 4 - 27%. Recovery takes an average of 5 - 6 years from the time of diagnosis. Up to 30% of patients do not recover.

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/how_serious_anorexia_nervosa_000049_5.htm

Yes but they tend to lose a lot of teeth. Also the body starts to shed calcium and they get osteoporosis.

It looks like she has all of her teeth. I am just shocked by how thin she looked. Whenever I think of her, I think of the big athletic girl..not this waif. It will take time to get over the shock. I feel so bad for her if she had suffered from her eating disorder so long. Wow! She used to have such THICK hair and was famous for her BIG 80s hair and in the pics, her hair looks thin. Guess it has taken a toll on her body. She looks happy in the pics with her little one and hubby. I hope she is happy.

What a frightening thought about the body shedding calcium. *Goosebumps*

In fact, every seven years rebuilds your body. It also heals your body to be normal as well. Let's hope that it doesn't make you crazy when you get older. Knock the wood...

I sent a private message to another friend who was childhood friends with my friend and she confirmed that she is still suffering from her eating disorder. Their parents are still friends and she told me that her dad said that she is 5'11 and weighs 110 lbs. She had been hovering between 80 to 110 lbs for the past 20 years and almost died a few times. I couldnt stop thinking about her all night. How heartbreaking. My other friend said that the kids were so cruel to her for so many years about her weight when they were growing up. I wish I can see her and give her a big hug..she was such a sweet girl in high school and we were so close for a short time. Poor thing..I hope she is happier now that she just had her first baby and with her hubby. Bullying can seriously affect someone for life. Geez...

:grouphug: for your friend, shel. if she has never had a serious talk about her issue.... she needs to. now. It's a ticking bomb waiting to explode and that's not good especially with her first baby on the board cuz raising a first child can adds to stress and depression.

:grouphug: for your friend, shel. if she has never had a serious talk about her issue.... she needs to. now. It's a ticking bomb waiting to explode and that's not good especially with her first baby on the board cuz raising a first child can adds to stress and depression.

I am sure she had so many people talk to her. I just reconnected with her after 20 years so I dont know if she has been through therapy or not. Anyways, my other friend told me that she is at her healthiest now because of the baby although she is still seriously underweight. She doesnt look like a sketeton but looks like someone who has absulotely no fat and little muscles on her body.

She has posted on her FB how happy she is with her baby so hopefully that is true. She is 36 years old so it has been a long time coming to finally have a child. Wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back