The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ranted in the hearing dog thread - oops. But nothing too serious I don't think. It's my off day from Wally World, and I'm really getting sick of working weekends and being off during the week.

I just ranted in the hearing dog thread - oops. But nothing too serious I don't think. It's my off day from Wally World, and I'm really getting sick of working weekends and being off during the week.

what's Wally World? a supermarket?

I would not recommend anyone to work there unless it's your last resort for income.

I would not recommend anyone to work there unless it's your last resort for income.

that bad? an ADer in here works at wal-mart and he seems to enjoy it.... I think. :dunno:

:D i'm happy that I got SIMS 3. Yeah, I'm fan of the series. :aw: I've not give a try yet. I want to read messages and do stuff for chores and blah, first. :)

It's gonna be a really warm day today, it's gonna be around in the mid 80's and right now it's 77 degrees at 10 am. It has not rained here for 2 weeks now.

but thing is that when I'm off work, my DD is at school, when I'm at work my DD is at home. As for weekends forget it. They typically have me work 10:00-7:00. Too early to really do anything in the day and by the time I get home, its too late to do anything. It's bad. Plus I have split days off so I really don't get a weekend.

I have to agree! These minimum wage jobs sucks, but there is advantage to it. That is if you don't have any work experience and need to start with, then Wally world isn't bad place to start with, working there while looking for better job tend to land better job before you know it.

I know some Deafies work there, they are fine with that.

Adobe Flash Play is free. Is it right?

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks~

I need to vent: I HATE MY BOSS :mad2:

There you go... I'm feeling better now :D

I just wish I were less robotic about my job its the same thing for every customer.
"Hi how are you?" "Fine" scan items, total out the order. "Twenty-two dollars and seventy-five cents is your total." "You have a debit card? OK" "OK sir, here is your receipt and Twenty dollars cash back, thank you very much." It is very boring and mundane it really is. On top of that I have to deal with horrid customers, one of which actually called the store and told my manager that I did not greet him and I got chewed out for it.

Versus substitute teaching I can let my personality come through a little bit and I can actually interact more with the students.

^ A different approach could've been better not chewing out.

I am thinking going to the doggie park this evening :)

We are going through a drought, sort of. May was our third-driest on record. I don't want my yard to go to h*ll. So far it's okay, but ...... :shock:

Me and a co worker are planning field trips for the summer!

Got this month done. Talking about planning so much stuff in a few days.

My co worker had the phone hanging off her ears making reservations for group trips!

Phew! But we do have a fun summer planned for the school age group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back