The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had left over pork chops and mac and cheese. I hate fixing left overs, they are good and all but I always seem to dry them out the second time around

I hate my job! :( I just got home after a long day of school and work. Time to break open a bottle of wine. Of course only one glass cuz I've got tons of homework to do tonight. Anything exciting happen here today ?

Well guys, I gotta get off of here for now. Got a cubscout meeting to go to..I will return when I get the kids to bed. Have fun

Byrdie has a law degree.

Funny you mentioned that because the legal side of me is "coming out of the closet-Pissed"--so to speak. And it pisses me to high heaven that this happend to him.

The other thing is that he is being passive about it and pretty much said that it's not a company worth working for. I can understand that as he pretty much wants to be open and honest about who he is.

Unfortunately I told him that he may have to omit certain things about him to get a job but he doesn't see it that way.

Honesty is admirable--so my question to y'all is this: if you have a health condition, would you lie about it to obtain a better paying job knowing that you are capable of doing the work?

I hate my job! :( I just got home after a long day of school and work. Time to break open a bottle of wine. Of course only one glass cuz I've got tons of homework to do tonight. Anything exciting happen here today ?

Sorry about your job. I was gone a lot too. But it looks pretty calm today. :)

Funny you mentioned that because the legal side of me is "coming out of the closet-Pissed"--so to speak. And it pisses me to high heaven that this happend to him.

The other thing is that he is being passive about it and pretty much said that it's not a company worth working for. I can understand that as he pretty much wants to be open and honest about who he is.

Unfortunately I told him that he may have to omit certain things about him to get a job but he doesn't see it that way.

Honesty is admirable--so my question to y'all is this: if you have a health condition, would you lie about it to obtain a better paying job knowing that you are capable of doing the work?

I wouldn't lie because there is always a clause you can be fired if you lied to get hired.

Then later it would look very bad to try for another job with that on record.

wtf!? who the hell can lift 150 lbs?

[sigh] i know its been a long time to pop up in here. I've been busiest with teaching and rebuttals with students. They're smart aleck when they comes with excuses and trying to choke me up to see if i'm dumb enough. Wow. What a rich experience for me to learn and survive.

Shel90, i understood how do you feel being a teacher. Its surly worn out pretty fast. Wow. Have to do prepare before and after classes to get ready for next day, meetings, and more. Oh my, its tough. Im glad that i'm getting better in each day.

Any advice for me, Shel90?

[sigh] i know its been a long time to pop up in here. I've been busiest with teaching and rebuttals with students. They're smart aleck when they comes with excuses and trying to choke me up to see if i'm dumb enough. Wow. What a rich experience for me to learn and survive.

Shel90, i understood how do you feel being a teacher. Its surly worn out pretty fast. Wow. Have to do prepare before and after classes to get ready for next day, meetings, and more. Oh my, its tough. Im glad that i'm getting better in each day.

Any advice for me, Shel90?

Experience...my first two years, I stayed 2 hours late just to prepare cuz I didnt have a system of my own and was awkward at it. After 6 years, I can plan and get everything ready for the following week within an hour. U have to find a system of planning and prepping that works best for you. Every teacher has their own way. It will get easier...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back