The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
develop the system. umm... good advice, Shel90.

much 'pperciated-

i have donated some $$ to the bush fire victims

develop the system. umm... good advice, Shel90.

much 'pperciated-

I always start planning for the following week by Wednesday adn then get all the materials ready for the whole week by Friday...

mmm... not bad, Shel90. i like the idea what you suggest.

i usually started on Sunday to get week plan along with materials to get ready for a week's. Its went pretty well but sometimes its little overpoint because its not part of plan. Its like "pulled by the last minute accord to play it by ear". You know what i mean, Shel90? Im glad that i have Teaching Assistant who will help me through semester. I've been depend on her for copies, files, and etcs. In the return, starbuck's fraps or lunch for her for her hard work. Its fair.

I hope that i'll survive through the rest of the year.

mmm... not bad, Shel90. i like the idea what you suggest.

i usually started on Sunday to get week plan along with materials to get ready for a week's. Its went pretty well but sometimes its little overpoint because its not part of plan. Its like "pulled by the last minute accord to play it by ear". You know what i mean, Shel90? Im glad that i have Teaching Assistant who will help me through semester. I've been depend on her for copies, files, and etcs. In the return, starbuck's fraps or lunch for her for her hard work. Its fair.

I hope that i'll survive through the rest of the year.

Yea, my lessons sometimes dont get completed or dont even get used but I go by this motto "Always plan too much instead of too little." :)

U will be fine...:hug:

Funny you mentioned that because the legal side of me is "coming out of the closet-Pissed"--so to speak. And it pisses me to high heaven that this happend to him.

The other thing is that he is being passive about it and pretty much said that it's not a company worth working for. I can understand that as he pretty much wants to be open and honest about who he is.

Unfortunately I told him that he may have to omit certain things about him to get a job but he doesn't see it that way.

Honesty is admirable--so my question to y'all is this: if you have a health condition, would you lie about it to obtain a better paying job knowing that you are capable of doing the work?

I may omit information if I knew I could do the work. Just like when you apply for health insurance, if you disclose everything you will be turned down most of the time. Sorry this happen to your friend.

I may omit information if I knew I could do the work. Just like when you apply for health insurance, if you disclose everything you will be turned down most of the time. Sorry this happen to your friend.

If you already have health insurance and switching to another carrier--they have to cover all of your pre-exisiting health conditions.

So--even though Botti said it best "quiet discrimination for their insurance worries" which is a bunch of bull as he already has health insurance.

So no matter what company he applies for, the health insurance will have to waive the pre-existing clause and continue to cover him.

Funny you mentioned that because the legal side of me is "coming out of the closet-Pissed"--so to speak. And it pisses me to high heaven that this happend to him.

The other thing is that he is being passive about it and pretty much said that it's not a company worth working for. I can understand that as he pretty much wants to be open and honest about who he is.

Unfortunately I told him that he may have to omit certain things about him to get a job but he doesn't see it that way.

Honesty is admirable--so my question to y'all is this: if you have a health condition, would you lie about it to obtain a better paying job knowing that you are capable of doing the work?

Its just like any other disability. You have to be so careful about disclosure. But, as he isn't in need of any kind of accommodation, I would be reluctant to to disclose.

I never put that I can't lift more then 20lbs. When I get the job if the time comes I always get someone to help me.

Its just like any other disability. You have to be so careful about disclosure. But, as he isn't in need of any kind of accommodation, I would be reluctant to to disclose.

Okay--I'll let him know that.

I don't know if he is going to agree with that or not but if he wants a job bad enough--he's going to have to learn that honesty isn't the best policy sometimes.....

I don't know if he is going to agree with that or not but if he wants a job bad enough--he's going to have to learn that honesty isn't the best policy sometimes.....

Well, I don't mean to be blunt, but he either has to compromise his complete honesty, or be willing to fight the consequences when his honesty results in unfair and unjust decisions.

Well, I don't mean to be blunt, but he either has to compromise his complete honesty, or be willing to fight the consequences when his honesty results in unfair and unjust decisions.

Honey--you can be blunt around me all you want! :lol:

I'm a little disappointed in him for not standing up for himself. Because if it was me--I would've told the person what they can do and shove it!

(And maybe throw in some ASL cuss words) :giggle:

I agree. Complete honesty is not necessary. If he can do the job as specified in job description, then all you need to do is say right words to get the job and answer their questions with short, broad, and pertinent answers. nothing extra.

It's like this - "I like vegetable but I don't like tomato cuz it's got seeds but I do like green pepper though." - complete honesty is not needed because this is not a relationship. this is business - either you can do the job or you can't. :cool2:

If lifting 150lbs wasn't mentioned in job description, then he does not have to do it. If employer asked me to lift 150 lbs stuff, I'd come off with a smart-ass retort - "uuhhh I'm no Samson. can you??"

I agree. Complete honesty is not necessary. If he can do the job as specified in job description, then all you need to do is say right words to get the job and answer their questions with short, broad, and pertinent answers. nothing extra.

It's like this - "I like vegetable but I don't like tomato cuz it's got seeds but I do like green pepper though." - complete honesty is not needed because this is not a relationship. this is business - either you can do the job or you can't. :cool2:

He got the job by being honest until the physical test came along.

Then everything went out the window.

He got the job by being honest until the physical test came along.

Then everything went out the window.

missed my last-min edit

If lifting 150lbs wasn't mentioned in job description, then he does not have to do it. If employer asked me to lift 150 lbs stuff, I'd come off with a smart-ass retort - "uuhhh I'm no Samson. can you??"

Honey--you can be blunt around me all you want! :lol:

I'm a little disappointed in him for not standing up for himself. Because if it was me--I would've told the person what they can do and shove it!

(And maybe throw in some ASL cuss words) :giggle:

Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended. I didn't want to add to the negativity by appearing to be insensitive.:giggle:

oh heck yeah!

Gotta have gravy... Not the out of the can. gravy from the pork chop residue. :giggle:

OMG...pork chop gravy is the absolute best!!! Over rice or mashed taters..yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back