The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely full of bull. I am currently in Japan on vacation and I am from Australia myself. And I saw it all. There is no 1 mm thick TV around in my eyes of the country in Japan. What I have said earlier, is not old news.

Not bullshitting either.

If you were graceful, and asked me to show you... I would have. but since you took the anal approach, bug off.

Jclarke...here's the proof....that is an OLD news to us....It hasn't come out in public just yet...it's in the works.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SJN93E8kd4[/ame]

That was an OLED TV that Jclarke posted....that is the same technology. It's already out in Japan. OLED CAN be bended and can be into ultra thin casing due that it doesn't use any backlight, just the chemistry that makes up the picture.

I have seen it myself at the Sony Building -- It costs 458,000 yen (Around $8,000 - 10,000) and they have tricks up their sleeves, remember, this is Japan :D

458,000 yen convert to $5,057.80 USD what s size of Sony OLED TV? 40"?

That was an OLED TV that Jclarke posted....that is the same technology. It's already out in Japan. OLED CAN be bended and can be into ultra thin casing due that it doesn't use any backlight, just the chemistry that makes up the picture.

Yes, OLED TV is very expensive cost but cost will be down when production rises till 2012. OLED is lack of longevity. The blue organic phosphor LED has a short life (a guess is 7,000 hours). The red and green material may not last much longer. But first OLED displays will be an experiment with regard to longevity.

Yes, OLED TV is very expensive cost but cost will be down when production rises till 2012. OLED is lack of longevity. The blue organic phosphor LED has a short life (a guess is 7,000 hours). The red and green material may not last much longer. But first OLED displays will be an experiment with regard to longevity.

Yeah...I remember reading somewhere that OLED have short lifespan. I wonder if they will find something to improve their lifespan. Remember how the plasma TVs had issues with burning in in the past? They fixed it...so I'm sure they will with OLED displays.

Yeah...I remember reading somewhere that OLED have short lifespan. I wonder if they will find something to improve their lifespan. Remember how the plasma TVs had issues with burning in in the past? They fixed it...so I'm sure they will with OLED displays.

Sequoias, you may read OLED TV vs LCD TV or Plasma TV report.
OLED TV vs. LCD TV at OLED TV Buying Guide

Interesting, thanks for sharing! Seems that OLED has similar type of technology as the plasma TVs...but different type of chemistry and layout. It said it does have burn in issues.

I really like OLED TV and will wait to get it next few years.

I really like OLED TV and will wait to get it next few years.

Yeah OLED seems interesting..but I gotta wait til it gets better....it even has lot of advantages over LCD except the just the 2 major issues...burn out and lifespan. There's no such as a perfect panel out there, all have drawbacks.

First of all, I apologise to everyone and I have realized that I am behind with the technology. Since Australia is catching up though. I saw the video and :eek3:

First of all, I apologise to everyone and I have realized that I am behind with the technology. Since Australia is catching up though. I saw the video and :eek3:

No biggie, J! It's so thin that you could bend it, if you wanted to. We are getting a measly 11 inch OLED display in the US which Sony will release it. I don't think it will sell well because of the cost and it's new technology. It will probably take a few years for it to mature.

Yeah and it will reduce in price later - nothing to worry. I am happy with my TV, and remember, technology advances too fast.

Yeah and it will reduce in price later - nothing to worry. I am happy with my TV, and remember, technology advances too fast.

Yeah..I was happy with my LCD HDTV til it got stolen, anyway. Damn selfish theives who don't have a life of their own.

No problem. I know that you first time to see this Sony OLED TV in Japan. I had seen Sony OLED 11" display at Sony Shop in Las Vegas last May. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back