The 2009/10 NFL Thread

I'll agree my Cowboys are a bit overrated this year. But they still have some talent. I dont see anyone stopping New Orleans though. It's like deja vu of the 1999 St Louis Rams all over again. And Reggie Bush isn't even playing well yet. Scary.

Biggest disappointment is Arizona for me. They should be at least 2-1 instead of 1-2. Too much talent on that team to be 1-2.

Actually think Dallas in underated after few years of being overated...Owens was too big a distraction and negative force. Defensive line is aging but finally jelled and shut down Panthers second half. Cowboys tend to wear teams down and produce in second half.
We outperformed Giants. And Romo threw another dumb pass. Same one that Pittsburg knocked us out with last year. Also a fluke ball bounce off low foot intercepted gave Giants a later chance.
The Panther game showed that Romo is finally focusing on controlling the ball and the game....they are a good team but lacked the ball control and game control. They were usually ahead and then turn ball over....silly stuff is ending...a disciplined team waits for the opportunities and controls penalties, the ball and the game time.
Repeat that Baltimore is going to do well....they ended last year with a streak. And rolling both defense and offense finally.
San Francisco played a tough game against Minnesota. The 49'ers are back and expect them to be playoff contenders by end of season. Especially if they can beat the ailing Cards twice.
Unfortunately the Giants don't have enough competition with Washington and Panthers failing. New York and Green Bay and Minnesota and Philly (yuck)and Dallas and San Francisco for national playoffs.......
Baltimore...Jets....New England (yuck lol) San Diego New Orleans and surprise of surprises...the famous Bungling Bungles will eek in.
Oh did I leave out Chicago? and Indy well Indy's out...Chicago gonna have to beat Green Bay twice. And Indy will lose out to Cincinnatti.
Sorry folks....Pittsburgh is nada without Troy Polamu. The game changer.
That's my twelve playoff teams.
Good luck.

Yeah I was rooting for Miami too. Made big improvements last year...am a Parcells fan. I had picked Jets two years in football pool just before they started improving....Pennington an unknown....I felt that he was very injury prone just from the way he moves around and also cuz he not a deep threat (more upfront pressure-blitz).
He is very intelligent palyer (Rhodes Scholar) but not prime time material. injury prone and not deep threat.
Dolphins better off in long run with other QB. Not sure Thigpen is the answer but Parcell pick. It is a bad time to find QB's. Jeff Garcia just went to Philly I think. Perhaps a better choice.
Hope they do well.

Yeah I was rooting for Miami too. Made big improvements last year...am a Parcells fan. I had picked Jets two years in football pool just before they started improving....Pennington an unknown....I felt that he was very injury prone just from the way he moves around and also cuz he not a deep threat (more upfront pressure-blitz).
He is very intelligent palyer (Rhodes Scholar) but not prime time material. injury prone and not deep threat.
Dolphins better off in long run with other QB. Not sure Thigpen is the answer but Parcell pick. It is a bad time to find QB's. Jeff Garcia just went to Philly I think. Perhaps a better choice.
Hope they do well.

My hopes aren't high, believe me.

This Monday night I would not be surprised if the (hated) Jets beat my Dolphins- they are playing well. But I would not be surprised if my Dolphins win either. It will be a good battle. Don't miss it.

The Dolphins will be wearing their orange jerseys (if you care).

:ty: Miami for putting the Jets off a tie with my Patriots :giggle:

The real test for my Dolphins will come after the BYE when they play the Saints in NO. Now we all will know what the Dolphins are truly made of.

Dolphins Schedule 2009

2009schedule.gif

Cowboys have bye week......I am getting a little impatient with Romo....does not know how to controlthe balland game...and how to not fumble especially when backs to the wall. And the end of Denver game was stupid calls. I don't think Denver that good....NE faltering....and teams will figure out thier style.
Dallas also trying to find a groove without Owens pulling double coverage....williams we don't need. When halfbacks and fullback all heallthy it will click.
Hoping Chargers beat Denver and Saints beat Giants.
Viking host Baltimore.......should be a good one. Go Vikes.

Patriots lead 59-0 against Tenn Titans:whistle:

Ha ha ha.....don't you know tennesseans don't know how to run in the snow? they are choking.
thank you New Orleans and Oakland.....knocked giants and philly down a peg in nfc east.
Oaklands BACK!

What happened to the Titans? Didn't have a winning record last year?

Now regarding my Dolphins. If by blind chance we beat the Saints, this city is going to go bonkers...people will be dancing in the streets. I for one, and I say this with great pain, think we will get hammered. :(

London Calling

NE Patriots vs Tampa Bay in London!

We beat Tampa Bay 35-7 whoohoo!!! bye week next, we play the Omega 3's :rofl2:

Back