That's it, that's it, that's Effing it!!!!!!!

for local newspapers, you get paid per word.

It doesn't take long for me to get wordy Jiro, and the local editor knows this, lol.

Dixie, hon, I'm sorry your Dad is giving you such a hard time.

If you lived anywhere near me I would offer you a place to stay. Unfortunately you live like 1,000 miles from me!

I do hope your friend could rent you a room so you can get out!

I think you'd be good at this.

Moi??? I grew up with teachers telling me I should be a writer but my problem is my lack of knowledge and the inability to play around with English vocabulary like you, Dixie, and a few others are capable of. I feel that I am not creative with my thought process. Yes, I have good writing skills but is my writing creative? I am not sure...

Maybe he has Alzheimer's or some kind of dementia. One of the first signs is often losing inhibitions and saying horrible stuff to and about your relatives.

Yea, that could be it. How old is your dad?

What would it take to get the motivation? Most of the writers I know say it's strictly a "butt in chair" process - i.e., keep your butt planted in that chair until you've finished what you need to. Don't wait for inspiration; b-i-c and it will come to you.

Anyway - is my memory failing me or aren't you being considered for a USDA job right now? Good writing skills are always a big plus in any Fed job. Your evaluations will take communication skills into account.

Lots of things to be said for a Fed job. I enjoyed working for the government, and now I enjoy a decent pension. Lots to be said for that, too.

Because right now I'm burned out, fed up, pissed off, put down, and any number of prepositions you can think of. Yes it's a butt-in-chair process, but usually it takes a back burner to my other hundred challenging things to do.

I will take Shel's advice and start doing freelance work with my writing. I can do that for extra money while I wait for this USDA job (if it will ever come through as I hope). I can still continue it while working, I just have to make sure I write down all of my checks for tax purposes.

M called me earlier tonight before all of this went down and got some fire under my butt about some things which I will complete tomorrow. I suspect she will call me in the morning.

Moi??? I grew up with teachers telling me I should be a writer but my problem is my lack of knowledge and the inability to play around with English vocabulary like you, Dixie, and a few others are capable of. I feel that I am not creative with my thought process. Yes, I have good writing skills but is my writing creative? I am not sure...

Uh. I thought I had quoted dixie's post. :Oops: Well, as for you, I think you would make a good writer in the areas that you're knowledgble and passionate about but I don't see you as a fiction writer.

Because right now I'm burned out, fed up, pissed off, put down, and any number of prepositions you can think of. Yes it's a butt-in-chair process, but usually it takes a back burner to my other hundred challenging things to do.

I will take Shel's advice and start doing freelance work with my writing. I can do that for extra money while I wait for this USDA job (if it will ever come through as I hope). I can still continue it while working, I just have to make sure I write down all of my checks for tax purposes.

M called me earlier tonight before all of this went down and got some fire under my butt about some things which I will complete tomorrow. I suspect she will call me in the morning.
Let us know how you progress.

Wish I could give you a helping hand.

Shel's got a good advice, which you should try.

Like others, I hope you'll get out of that abusive environment and get a good job wherever that might be.

Keep faith, girl.

Do whatever you can do to get out of that environment. It is completely unhealthy, both mentally and physically for you and your daughter to live in. No one, especially your parents should be allowed to turn the children against their parents.

Your father crossed the line for the last time tonight, he needs to get the message loud and clear.

You need to start making some definate plans, Dixie. Tell me, is there a domestic violence coalition in your area?

Thanks Banjo. Hopefully some arrangements can be made in the next few days. I had to put up with this exact stuff from my ex-husband and I thought when he was gone this would also stop. Now I'm getting it from my father.

Which is worse living with a spouse that is like this towards me or living with a parent that is like this towards me?

We have got to get out. This is getting ridiculous.

You need to start making some definate plans, Dixie. Tell me, is there a domestic violence coalition in your area?

There is but it's a very weak coalition with very limited resources. They save their shelter for the worst cases. I don't blame them. While my situation is bad - I am sure there are worse cases in my area. I'm just at my breaking point with my father. I got away this past weekend and when I return it's just worse. WTF?

Does he drink, by chance? What does your mom say? You mentioned that she is getting fed up as well.

Seriously, as someone above said, early onset stages of dementia are often like this. You said he has gotten worse in the last year, so there could be something like that going on. Has he seen a doctor lately? Has he ever had a neurological exam?

Whatever problems he might have though, you still need to look out for your own safety and that of your child first.

There is this lady I know, she's 66 years old. Her son & daughter live with her. Several times a day, right out of the blue, she will say..."F--- you! Get out of my house"!...She even has locked them out several times in the hot sun....for no reason!...But I feel something is wrong with her to make her do this.

Maybe a talk with your mother, see if she could get ur Dad to a good doctor?....If not, or if he refuses to go...then I would get the hell out of there! Even go to a motel or rent a furnished room. Ur daughter does not need to be around all this drama....There are also cheap mobile home rentals and they are furnished.

Where there's a will, there is a way. You can do it. So I would pack my stuff up, along with my daughters when your Dad is not around and high-tail it out of there.

Does he drink, by chance? What does your mom say? You mentioned that she is getting fed up as well.

Seriously, as someone above said, early onset stages of dementia are often like this. You said he has gotten worse in the last year, so there could be something like that going on. Has he seen a doctor lately? Has he ever had a neurological exam?

Whatever problems he might have though, you still need to look out for your own safety and that of your child first.

He drinks regularly but doesn't get shitfaced drunk. He'll sip a tequila and drink a couple of beers. Mom came to me after the argument and said 'One of these days I'm going to cold clock him.' When we were arguing I heard her slam the door upstairs. She was mad we were fighting and did not want to hear it. She just tells me most of the time to 'shut up and take it because he might shut up eventually'. Basically she just wants me to just sit there and take it. I've done that long enough. Staying quiet doesn't help and neither does arguing.

My dad has not been to the doctor in years and we can't convince him to go even when he's sick. He says he wants to save money by not going until absolutely necessary. Well bejeezus, he's losing his freaking mind and going apeshit over the stupidest things. Living with him is like walking on eggshells anymore. As I've said once before - once I'm gone; I am gone and never coming back if I can help it.

There is but it's a very weak coalition with very limited resources. They save their shelter for the worst cases. I don't blame them. While my situation is bad - I am sure there are worse cases in my area. I'm just at my breaking point with my father. I got away this past weekend and when I return it's just worse. WTF?

If push comes to shove, go to them. You deserve the resources as much as anyone does. Even if they don't have room in the shelter, they may be able to help you with alternative arrangements. Your situation definately qualifies as domestic violence.

If push comes to shove, go to them. You deserve the resources as much as anyone does. Even if they don't have room in the shelter, they may be able to help you with alternative arrangements. Your situation definately qualifies as domestic violence.

I will see what my options are in the morning when I talk to M. I may not actually move until after school is out for the summer (another 3 weeks I believe), but I know the only way to peace is to move completely out of this town. If I live nearby my father will be at my door constantly wanting to badger me about something. To me, it's not worth it. If I lived further out in some place he doesn't even know, he'll have a hard time bugging the piss out of me.

Back