THAT makes a sound!??!?

When roads are wet, tires make a lot of splashin' noises. Can be really annoyin'. I'd take my aid off. :lol: to be 100 percent silent.

I'm sitting here trying to think of some things that can be heard that maybe some of you didn't know about since this is an area I can be of use in!
Scratching your skin makes noise. Velcro. Even tape. Tape actually can make a pretty loud noise when you pull it off the roll...especially packing tape and duct tape. You can hear the sound of a CD/DVD spinning when you put it in the player. Turn signals in your car make a "tick tick tick" noise. When your stomach growls it can sometimes be really loud.
There's a few things...any of those surprising to anyone?

lol JFaison...

It's ok, I'll be the convo killer this time. Just be more careful from now on! tsk tsk

I'm working toward a degree in counseling, and last night in class we watched a video on child counseling. The client, who was a little girl, was drawing a picture with markers. The markers kept making a sort of screeching sound as she dragged them across the paper- being HoH, I could barely hear it, and it didn't bother me. Must've been highly annoying to my classmates though- it was hard not to laugh as they kept putting their hands over their ears and cringing!

:laugh2:

You reminded me of a time in grade 6 where I sharpened my pencil and I began to write with it. Then my classmates sitting at my group table began complaining that my pencil was making noise. I told them that there was no way my pencil was making noise. Plus I thought they were just picking on me again as getting bullied was normal for me at this age. They complained enough that finally the teacher came to our table and asked what was going on. They said my pencil was making noise and I remember one boy described it as someone running their nails on a chalkboard and motioned his hand on the table in that motion. My teacher made me go get another pencil that didn't make noise. But I told her that I couldn't hear my pencil making noise. I thought about just getting that 'noisy' pencil back out later just start doodling on paper randomly until it drove them nuts as revenge.

I never thought about that until now when you mentioned the markers making a squeaking noise.

I was told that my swinging ponytail made noise today. They said it was a sound like heavy breathing.

It makes a sound sort of like a flute

Not know how flute sound. :dunno:

I'm sitting here trying to think of some things that can be heard that maybe some of you didn't know about since this is an area I can be of use in!
Scratching your skin makes noise. Velcro. Even tape. Tape actually can make a pretty loud noise when you pull it off the roll...especially packing tape and duct tape. You can hear the sound of a CD/DVD spinning when you put it in the player. Turn signals in your car make a "tick tick tick" noise. When your stomach growls it can sometimes be really loud.
There's a few things...any of those surprising to anyone?

Not know turn signal make noise!

I was told that my swinging ponytail made noise today. They said it was a sound like heavy breathing.

I don't know how long your pony tail is, but it would have to be pretty long to make a noise loud enough for someone to hear unless the room was totally quiet. I guess heavy breathing would be an accurate description of the sound....I would have said a really quiet "whoosh whoosh" as it goes from one side to the next. Blue jeans make a similar sound when the pants legs...um, rub together...make contact...hit(?) when you walk, but they would be louder than a ponytail.

I don't know how long your pony tail is, but it would have to be pretty long to make a noise loud enough for someone to hear unless the room was totally quiet. I guess heavy breathing would be an accurate description of the sound....I would have said a really quiet "whoosh whoosh" as it goes from one side to the next. Blue jeans make a similar sound when the pants legs...um, rub together...make contact...hit(?) when you walk, but they would be louder than a ponytail.

Hair is kind of short. Pony tail would only be 4-5 inches long. My hair is just below the neck.

Not know how flute sound. :dunno:

Not know turn signal make noise!

Turn signals - yep. They go "tick - tick - tick" unless you have a blinker light out and then (newer model cars at least) they go "tick!tick!tick!tick!"...Not louder, but faster.

Flute - I'm not entirely sure how to describe that sound. It's a higher pitch, but not a screeching sound. I have heard interpretive music use the sound of a flute to imitate the sound of birds chirping.

Lol...I still have no idea. Not know tick sound, higher pitch, screech, birds chirp...never hear any sound ever! :)

Only blue jeans? Not other pants? Why this?

I should clarify. Sorry. Most pants do make a sound to some degree, but unless you're really squishing your legs together, it's not that noticeable. Blue jeans can be loud in a quiet room, especially if they are wide leg jeans because the fabric rubs together more. And those exercise pants...the silky ones?...they can be loud too if they rub together.
But really, none of them are so noticeable that hearies walk around saying "Seriously?! Do you hear all those PANTS around here?!" :laugh2:

Lol...I still have no idea. Not know tick sound, higher pitch, screech, birds chirp...never hear any sound ever! :)

Ok, so I can't explain the sound, but I can show you how irritating it can be. Take your index finger and tap it into the palm of your other hand. Steady beat...tap...tap...tap.
Now, broken blinker light..tap!tap!tap!tap!tap!tap!tap!
Yes, if you don't get the blinker fixed, it IS that annoying. :shock:

Ok, so I can't explain the sound, but I can show you how irritating it can be. Take your index finger and tap it into the palm of your other hand. Steady beat...tap...tap...tap.

I understand!!!

:lol: Depends on perspective. I tried it and found it perfectly soothing!

Back