That boy having bad withdrawal from Playstation 3

OMG!!! That little boy needed a swat on the behind! Crazy! Though it is funny! I must admit we have a PS3 and a Wii. The PS3 is for my husband and our teenage son. The Wii is the family game. Too many violent games for the PS3. It really isn't geared towards the younger children.

The problem now with soap in the mouth or even a swat on the behind is you get the fear of being turned in for child abuse.

Throw away the PS3 permanently in the bin ;-) Tell the boy to take up some healthy hobby. He'll have to get over it, he has to learn that crying and swearing and throwing a tantrum won't result in bringing back the video games!

Geesh! If he was my boy, I wouldn't have bought him video games at his age. What were his parents thinking???

Too many kids nowadays are addicted to technology games like computer/internet, PS, Wii, mobile phone texting etc

Not to hijack aghori's thread, but this is in similar context! This is just the boy at just about teenager age.

It's called; Angry German kid. There are subtitles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA"]YouTube - (Translated) Angry German Kid - Correct Translation[/ame]

Warning: profanity and other stuff in german.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

is this for real!!!???? Come on, seriously, who acts like this?? Gee that kid is seriously unbalanced lol :giggle:

I dont understand. Was the reaction of the german boy not normal or something? That's me playing video games, is it bad?

:) I kid! If I was there, I would have pointed and laughed at him, furthering angering him....

I dont understand. Was the reaction of the german boy not normal or something? That's me playing video games, is it bad?

:) I kid! If I was there, I would have pointed and laughed at him, furthering angering him....

When it gets to the point of breaking things, doesnt that mean he has serious issues?

I have a suspicion that he was videotaped not realising it to monitor his behaviour around the computer game.

This is why I firmly believe that any person with behavioural issues such as ADD, ADHD or PDD should never play videogames.

They over-stimulate the mind hence triggering the body into hyperactivity and how can a person respond? The behaviour you saw in the video.

A very overstimulated child that should have not been in front of the computer playing video games. He should have been physically active & burning off calories.

That's the problem these days...

I have a suspicion that he was videotaped not realising it to monitor his behaviour around the computer game.

This is why I firmly believe that any person with behavioural issues such as ADD, ADHD or PDD should never play videogames.

They over-stimulate the mind hence triggering the body into hyperactivity and how can a person respond? The behaviour you saw in the video.

A very overstimulated child that should have not been in front of the computer playing video games. He should have been physically active & burning off calories.

I say Kudos to the parents for videotaping their kids and posting them on the Internet to maybe help other parents recognize this problem. I hope both kids' parents took action after seeing their behavior on video.

I wonder if that older boy's parents showed him the video cuz sometimes, it is a wake-up call for some to see themselves behaving so erractically on video.

Not to hijack aghori's thread, but this is in similar context! This is just the boy at just about teenager age.

It's called; Angry German kid. There are subtitles.

YouTube - (Translated) Angry German Kid - Correct Translation

Warning: profanity and other stuff in german.

Can you please describe what it look like because I can't view this video here in the office because I will view 4 or 5 hours later at home?

P.S. Just let you know that I do not ignore your posts in my thread and will answer your post over German language with links and video at my thread later...

I say Kudos to the parents for videotaping their kids and posting them on the Internet to maybe help other parents recognize this problem. I hope both kids' parents took action after seeing their behavior on video.

I wonder if that older boy's parents showed him the video cuz sometimes, it is a wake-up call for some to see themselves behaving so erractically on video.

Desperate situations calls for desperate measures sometimes and I hope other parents sees this.

Kudos to parents videotaping their children! It's their own right as it is their children in their own homes!

If people say "What about children's privacy?" Parents can videotape their own children's behaviour to monitor them out of concern in their own homes.

Yes, my oldest son had ADD when he was baby... I accompanied him to therapies for years... Now he is soon to be 16 years old and his behavior didn't show very much... Accord the therapy, he can enjoy to play with videogames with limit but it should be right videogames..., not volience, etc.

Originally Posted by shel90

Desperate situations calls for desperate measures sometimes and I hope other parents sees this.

Kudos to parents videotaping their children! It's their own right as it is their children in their own homes!

If people say "What about children's privacy?" Parents can videotape their own children's behaviour to monitor them out of concern in their own homes.

Respectfully disagree

I personally would not humiliate my son's behavior to the internet... It should be between me, my hubby, therapy, child physican and my son, not internet... Yes I will be happy to give anyone feedback, advice, etc if there're any question, problem, etc but not use my son to humilate anyone.

Respectfully disagree

I personally would not humiliate my son's behavior to the internet... It should be between me, my hubby, therapy, child physican and my son, not internet... Yes I will be happy to give anyone feedback, advice, etc if there're any question, problem, etc but not use my son to humilate anyone.

I doubt that they are doing it to humiliate their kids or anyone else..

I have to agree with Shel on this.

If you have a teenager screaming "thisclose" to the monitor, banging the keyboard & breaking the keys off, jumping up and down and telling the monitor to eat its poo-poo, I definitely would not think this behaviour is normal.

Any parent would want to raise awareness about the dangers of violent videogames and the addictions to it as well.

Honestly, I don't think the parents' intentions were to humiliate their son.

The video speaks for itself.

Can you please describe what it look like because I can't view this video here in the office because I will view 4 or 5 hours later at home?

P.S. Just let you know that I do not ignore your posts in my thread and will answer your post over German language with links and video at my thread later...

Hi Liebling, happy birthday.

Yes -- this video seems to show a 13-15 year old german kid who has problems from playing video games. I don't know what mental illness it is, but Mrs. Bucket mentioned it may be ADD/PDD or something like that.

He is trying to play but he will say and physically show his feelings. It is hard to describe.. so you will have to watch it to see it.

I think that yes, whomever videotaped it and released it wasn't doing it for humor. They probably wanted the world to realize that there is this was possible problem growing from gaming (perhaps game addiction as well) for some people.. So at the expense of their own son, they wished to educate the world.

It is like the videotape of a human surgery operation. It looks gross to some, but to other medical doctors or people viewing it, it may help them understand what is going on. It shows what happened.

That was scary! To think this young man will be walking the streets someday. If he gets that angry because his computer is slow to load a game... What will he do when a car stalls out in front of him. To me it lookef like he had no control over his reaction, which was evident when he was upset because he lost the escape key.

Though his guilt/ sadness was short lived as he burst into another tirade moments later.
I am glad the parents were willing to video this. They probably were not aware of how reactive he was over this game.

Sad and scary!!:hmm:

Back