Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold statement. Not everyone or anyone who does not want to be involved in the Deaf community. I have noticed a lot that you were always in the political sections, always bashing or blaming Obama when we, Liberals, want to let you know that you as the conservative have to show respect for President Obama. Jiro is right that you never came on Deaf subjects to discuss or debate on what you think as a Deaf person or Hard of Hearing person to help us understand your opinions. It has nothing to do with CI, hearing aids or stem cells but for you as a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person giving out opinions about yourself. Being in the Deaf World is really amazing and be involved with Deaf community can make you feel a whole lot better than trying to struggle with hearing society, eh? :)

Oh, I didn't realize that I had to agree with everything Obama is doing. Last time I checked, this was a free country and no, I do not have to show respect for Obama. That is one of the great things about this country. Another great thing about this country, is that you can ignore it.

Jiro was not stating it was ME that he saw only participating in political threads. He stated he noticed how "suspicious" it was that some members never participated in deaf related threads. He did not single me out (you did that).

I have embraced the deaf/Deaf community - I just avoid the Deaf Power nazis within it (to clarify - the ones that try to turn a deaf person with a CI into a pariah). That is all - have a good night.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1916462.stm

why not just adopt?

Why do you think I said you said that?
because you're talking about inclusive/exclusive and I've never said anything about it or even remotely about it.

also, why do you get suspicious if someone does not participate in deaf related threads?
because that person is obviously looking to cause trouble.

What if there is just a deaf/Deaf dude or dudette that isn't interested in deaf related threads? Is that ok with you?
chance is.... that person isn't deaf/Deaf and is only in for attention

I think the lack of ugly name calling is a good thing. It's possible to disagree with somebody without calling them names.

Some people can't do that. They are usually the sort of people who only wish to talk to others who think exactly the same way they do, an echo chamber.

because you're talking about inclusive/exclusive and I've never said anything about it or even remotely about it.

because that person is obviously looking to cause trouble.

chance is.... that person isn't deaf/Deaf and is only in for attention

There are many d/Deaf threads where I don't participate because I'm neither, and I don't feel I'm informed enough about those issues to even have, let alone to share, an opinion. I read those threads because I am trying to learn, but I don't think it's my place to say anything at all about hearing aids, CI, whether or not a law is a good or bad thing for ASL or for deaf people.
When it comes to d/Deaf issues my place is mainly to be quiet and learn.

Maybe some new libs will join. Besides there are a few still around.

never went anywhere.... got tired of listening to slobmouths like Limbaugh.
hatebags.
and nice try. but not all non-republicans are liberals. ever hear of centrist. or middle of the roaders who use their brain..?. stop trying to manipulate people you don't agree with into some false grouping to suit your needs.
that is precisly what Limbaugh tried to pull last week. idiot. hope all advertisers quit on him. doesn't deserve to be on air. an embarrassment to deafies. limbaugh is a republican icon. slobs.

You should realize about religious discussion isn't allowed and it has been since 2008.

Well, not likely to get personal when most everyone is agreeing. Kind of like going to a GOP website and bashing Obama. Who can make the best funny?

I do not find it difficult at all to resist resorting to personal attacks and name calling just because the person I am talking with has a different political opinion to my own.

I don't see any reason adult people should need to resort to name calling and personal attacks just because they disagree with one another.

uh.... what in god's name are you talking about???????

It's very simple. AD is a deaf forum about deaf stuff. If a member comes in and does not bother participating much in deaf-related subjects... it raises suspicion as time goes on.

Jiro,

I'm not trying to pick a fight in any way shape or form but are you talking about people like me posting on AD? I am not deaf. I have lost over 50% of my high frequency hearing and my wife also knows sign language. I have many deaf friends outside of AD too. But if you really look I also participate in several other sections besides just the political ones. I joined initially because my friend wanted my opinions and views on law enforcement to be heard. I found some more friends and some pretty good conversation for the most part. I just hate some of the hate. Like I said before, not trying to pick a fight but was it someone like me you were speaking of? If it was it is no big deal and hasn't hurt my feelings at all. I'm sure that a lot of folks were suspicious of me at first but I have stuck around and whether or not you agree with me it should be obvious that I'm the real deal!

Jiro,

I'm not trying to pick a fight in any way shape or form but are you talking about people like me posting on AD? I am not deaf. I have lost over 50% of my high frequency hearing and my wife also knows sign language. I have many deaf friends outside of AD too. But if you really look I also participate in several other sections besides just the political ones. I joined initially because my friend wanted my opinions and views on law enforcement to be heard. I found some more friends and some pretty good conversation for the most part. I just hate some of the hate. Like I said before, not trying to pick a fight but was it someone like me you were speaking of? If it was it is no big deal and hasn't hurt my feelings at all. I'm sure that a lot of folks were suspicious of me at first but I have stuck around and whether or not you agree with me it should be obvious that I'm the real deal!

Alot of us are glad you stuck around. I know it wasn't easy at first.

There are many d/Deaf threads where I don't participate because I'm neither, and I don't feel I'm informed enough about those issues to even have, let alone to share, an opinion. I read those threads because I am trying to learn, but I don't think it's my place to say anything at all about hearing aids, CI, whether or not a law is a good or bad thing for ASL or for deaf people.
When it comes to d/Deaf issues my place is mainly to be quiet and learn.

you know you are free to ask and share your opinion even if it may sounds audist but like you said - you are here to learn and that is how you learn by engaging in discussion.

you will gain no wisdom as a lurker. that's not what teachers have taught us to do.

Jiro,

if you see my Post #17 again, then you should know who am I referring to.

I think the lack of ugly name calling is a good thing. It's possible to disagree with somebody without calling them names.

Some people can't do that. They are usually the sort of people who only wish to talk to others who think exactly the same way they do, an echo chamber.

name calling is the least of concern in here. it's those with passive aggressiveness and unhealthy fixation that are a big issue in here. it's cancerous.

I am still trying to figure out what you are suspicious of. No offense, but that seems a little like unhealthy paranoia. If someone is only trying to cause trouble, it becomes apparent rather quickly. I usually try and ignore them unless it concerns a subject I feel strongly about.

Politics is often a slippery slope, it can be hard for some people to remain "civil" when they have such strong convictions.

I knew a fellow student at Gallaudet that was president of the student body Republican Party (I also think he was the only member lol). I can't remember the exact name of the organization, but I do know he attended meetings at Georgetown University where chapters from the same organization from the different consortium Universities met.

He was openly and viciously mocked on campus by students .....and professors alike.

Just something I do not tolerate anymore, regardless of what a persons political views may be.

I am still trying to figure out what you are suspicious of.
don't worry about it :) and btw - that's a hint for you to start moving on because you're not going to gain anything from asking same question over and over again.

No offense, but that seems a little like unhealthy paranoia.
there's a difference between paranoia and a genuine concern for preservation of community. paranoia is when one thinks big brother is out there to get him.

If someone is only trying to cause trouble, it becomes apparent rather quickly. I usually try and ignore them unless it concerns a subject I feel strongly about.
it's rather unhealthy to engage in futile conversation with someone whose intention is to cause grief and problems.

name calling is the least of concern in here. it's those with passive aggressiveness and unhealthy fixation that are a big issue in here. it's cancerous.

Maybe we are cured. Things have been pretty friendly lately. Let's hope it lasts.

Maybe we are cured. Things have been pretty friendly lately. Let's hope it lasts.

sadly not. I see that a thread got removed earlier so looks like old habit die hard.

don't worry about it :) and btw - that's a hint for you to start moving on because you're not going to gain anything from asking same question over and over again.

Ok jiro, I won't press you any further, I was genuinely curious what you meant.

Ok jiro, I won't press you any further, I was genuinely curious what you meant.

I've explained several times already. I dunno how to make it any clearer for you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back