Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airportcop

Reaction score
:ty: I would like to thank the mods and the administrator for having such a great deal of patience and fortitude in their handling of the current political threads. I must say that I enjoy participating in them and am glad they remain here. It is always okay to disagree but we are a community and we need to remain friendly. Tempers have flared at times even mine! Please friends we can do without the name calling and back biting. Sometimes we just need to agree to disagree and go on our merry ways. Good discussion is always fun and often a learning experience for all who participate. Debate is healthy but hate is not and should never be tolerated. We are all entitled to our opinions and we need to remember that when discussing these hot topics! :ty:

Not hard to find them peaceful, when most of the Liberals have stopped posting. Is peaceful a good thing? Really?

Not hard to find them peaceful, when most of the Liberals have stopped posting. Is peaceful a good thing? Really?

Peaceful is a GREAT thing. Debate is fun too as long as posters stick to the topic rather than making it personal.

Peaceful is a GREAT thing. Debate is fun too as long as posters stick to the topic rather than making it personal.

Well, not likely to get personal when most everyone is agreeing. Kind of like going to a GOP website and bashing Obama. Who can make the best funny?

Well, not likely to get personal when most everyone is agreeing. Kind of like going to a GOP website and bashing Obama. Who can make the best funny?

Maybe some new libs will join. Besides there are a few still around.

Agree. No need for the name-slinging, insults, embarrassing a member. It's great to come to AD with a good feeling, good people that are caring and supportive.

Agree. No need for the name-slinging, insults, embarrassing a member. It's great to come to AD with a good feeling, good people that are caring and supportive.

perhaps political threads should be removed for now since AD is primarily a deaf forum about deaf subjects.

it does raise some suspicions when some members come in and not even participate much in any deaf-related threads.

perhaps political threads should be removed for now since AD is primarily a deaf forum about deaf subjects.

it does raise some suspicions when some members come in and not even participate much in any deaf-related threads.

That depends, wasn't there a member that bashed anyone that was pro CI? I mean, why would anyone want to post how they felt about CI's if all that happened was constant bashing?

I know it is a controversial subject ... but dude, those discussions got out of hand real quick.

That depends, wasn't there a member that bashed anyone that was pro CI? I mean, why would anyone want to post how they felt about CI's if all that happened was constant bashing?

I know it is a controversial subject ... but dude, those discussions got out of hand real quick.

CI is a deaf subject.

I'm talking about those who never bothered to participate in deaf subjects. it raises suspicion.

CI is a deaf subject.

I'm talking about those who never bothered to participate in deaf subjects. it raises suspicion.

Do you absolutely have to hold a specific view on CI's, Hearing Aids, Signed Languages, ad infinitum to be considered "Deaf"?

What if a deaf/Deaf person just wants to participate in a forum without discussing how they feel about certain topics within the deaf/DEaf community because they know they will get bashed?

It isn't like that is a big secret ya know.

just an example - my wife was the first child to have a cochlear impant in Atlanta. She doesn't wear it anymore because her ex husband told her it made her look ugly. The fact of the matter is, he was jealous she was able to hear noise with it, and he was deaf and could not have a CI (was not a candidate). He felt she was trying to be "hearing" and leave deaf/Deaf culture .... I saw a lot of the same types of tactics used in the CI threads.

Yeah .... I know it is explosive, doesn't mean the issues can't be discussed with civility.

Works for me. With or without the politics section this is a great site.

Do you absolutely have to hold a specific view on CI's, Hearing Aids, Signed Languages, ad infinitum to be considered "Deaf"?

What if a deaf/Deaf person just wants to participate in a forum without discussing how they feel about certain topics within the deaf/DEaf community because they know they will get bashed?

It isn't like that is a big secret ya know.

just an example - my wife was the first child to have a cochlear impant in Atlanta. She doesn't wear it anymore because her ex husband told her it made her look ugly. The fact of the matter is, he was jealous she was able to hear noise with it, and he was deaf and could not. He felt she was trying to be "hearing" and leave deaf/Deaf culture .... I saw a lot of the same types of tactics used in the CI threads.
uh.... what in god's name are you talking about???????

It's very simple. AD is a deaf forum about deaf stuff. If a member comes in and does not bother participating much in deaf-related subjects... it raises suspicion as time goes on.

uh.... what in god's name are you talking about???????

It's very simple. AD is a deaf forum about deaf stuff. If a member comes in and does not bother participating much in deaf-related subjects... it raises suspicion as time goes on.

Re-read my post if you honestly do not know what I am talking about.

AD means "All Deaf" which I think is all inclusive to anyone who relates to themselves as being a part of the deaf community.

There are those who feel you cannot be a part of the deaf community if you do not sign, have a CI, wear HA's etc. etc. (participate in deaf related threads). That is an all "exclusive" view.

I personally am not comfortable excluding people that are Deaf that may or may not march in lock step with the philosophy that you must use ASL, must not have a CI, must throw away your HA's, must avoid the hearing world at all costs.

clearer now?

AD means "All Deaf" which I think is all inclusive to anyone who relates to themselves as being a part of the deaf community.

There are those who feel you cannot be a part of the deaf community if you do not sign, have a CI, wear HA's etc. etc. (participate in deaf related threads). That is an all "exclusive" view.

I personally am not comfortable excluding people that are Deaf that may or may not march in lock step with the philosophy that you must use ASL, must not have a CI, must throw away your HA's, must avoid the hearing world at all costs.

clearer now?

lol what??????????????????? where exactly did I say that?

and I'm not sure exactly what part of "if a member comes in and does not bother participating much in deaf-related subjects" do you not understand.

and I'm not sure exactly what part of "if a member comes in and does not bother participating much in deaf-related subjects" do you not understand.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of a member that fits this description.

Why do you think I said you said that?

also, why do you get suspicious if someone does not participate in deaf related threads?

What if there is just a deaf/Deaf dude or dudette that isn't interested in deaf related threads? Is that ok with you?

clearer now?

Bold statement. Not everyone or anyone who does not want to be involved in the Deaf community. I have noticed a lot that you were always in the political sections, always bashing or blaming Obama when we, Liberals, want to let you know that you as the conservative have to show respect for President Obama. Jiro is right that you never came on Deaf subjects to discuss or debate on what you think as a Deaf person or Hard of Hearing person to help us understand your opinions. It has nothing to do with CI, hearing aids or stem cells but for you as a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person giving out opinions about yourself. Being in the Deaf World is really amazing and be involved with Deaf community can make you feel a whole lot better than trying to struggle with hearing society, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back