Texas Workforce

Lauria

I believe they can view any activity on that computer as it is company property. It is, however, highly unethical for them to be viewing your personal messages, even if it is to get evidence of you breaking any rules. I'm not sure why they wouldn't just tell you "hey, don't check your personal email here at work anymore" unless they were trying to get rid of you. If you feel you were treated unfairly there then give examples of that. If you feel you were discriminated against because you are deaf, you need to contact an advocacy group quick like. I am hearing and not as involved in the deaf community as I would like so I'm sorry I don't have any groups in mind but I know they exist.

You can also call the TWC and ask for more time. Or let them know if you feel discriminated against. I'm sure they would love to hear that (sarcasm). But you will be ok. I have faith!

H

I found out today, that the company had been into my email from home. I got the list of my computer activities and it showed that there were 5 days missing off the papers. I thought it was kind of strange. I'm always on my computer even during those 5 days. From 6/8 to 6/12 is not listed and I got fired on 6/12. Thye have copy of a email that I know that they couldn't know of. Even my friend told me that got copy of something of her and she was wondering how they got it. Someone told me that if they got my IP #, userid and password, they can get into it. I need to know where or who I can contact to get some evidence that they have absoleuty voilated my privacy. I did not give them the right to go into my email from home.

I found out today, that the company had been into my email from home. I got the list of my computer activities and it showed that there were 5 days missing off the papers. I thought it was kind of strange. I'm always on my computer even during those 5 days. From 6/8 to 6/12 is not listed and I got fired on 6/12. Thye have copy of a email that I know that they couldn't know of. Even my friend told me that got copy of something of her and she was wondering how they got it. Someone told me that if they got my IP #, userid and password, they can get into it. I need to know where or who I can contact to get some evidence that they have absoleuty voilated my privacy. I did not give them the right to go into my email from home.
Was it your personal email?

Do you access that same email account at work?

What papers are you referring to?

It was personal that I used my webmail at work so I can read my email from home. I got a email from the internet provider that my internet was on for 6 days straight and I know I disconnect my modem every night.

It was personal that I used my webmail at work so I can read my email from home. I got a email from the internet provider that my internet was on for 6 days straight and I know I disconnect my modem every night.
If you accessed your personal email at work, then it's likely they accessed it from work... not directly from your house.

If you access something at work, they're likely to access that.

Did you get information showing that they accessed your personal email and ask your employer why they did that?

I would if I could, I got fired for some comment on my email. My internet provider thinks they hacked my computer or got access to my webmail by using keystroke reorder

I would if I could, I got fired for some comment on my email. My internet provider thinks they hacked my computer or got access to my webmail by using keystroke reorder
They can't hack into your computer if your computer isn't connected to the internet.

If your internet provider can prove it, then you can press charges.

they got a hold of my id and password and got on my webmail at work. It's against the laws for them to read my email after work and on weekend. I didn't give them permission. I immediately change my password and ask the IP to keep an eye out for them to try again.

they got a hold of my id and password and got on my webmail at work. It's against the laws for them to read my email after work and on weekend. I didn't give them permission. I immediately change my password and ask the IP to keep an eye out for them to try again.
Ah, ok.

Usually, companies that involve themselves with their employees' computer business... will have employees sign an agreement giving the employers permission to spy on you. It's often the fine print in everyone's contract. :Ohno:

Back