Texas Workforce

SCBassisst - where part of California? I have a sister who lived in Riverside - Orange county.

This is a reason that I want to talk to an attorney in person before going to court.

rejoin the deaf community? I haven't been around deaf since 1984. That's when I graduated from high school. I'm hard of hearing.

Web730 - my supervisor only verbally told me. On the documents, my ex-boss stated that there was no supervisor told me. I feel like that I'm stuck

Hmm... it sounds like a tougher luck.

Try to think something else that you might overlook something... try files that were deleted - did you copy files before they were deleted? I have no idea what were on them and that do they link with the proof therein? Or any co-workers might acknowledge the proof somehow?

Good luck whatever your case goes!

rejoin the deaf community? I haven't been around deaf since 1984. That's when I graduated from high school. I'm hard of hearing.

I haven't really been inolved with Deaf community since I started mainstreaming in Jr. High. Few things has happened past couple of years made me rethink my life. I decided to totally change and see how it goes. I would need to learn sign language again. I know some signs. Just am not fluent in it. Would like to be around people that would understand what life is like for me and to be more social instead of trying to "fit" in.

I have forward all the files to my Home PC before I deleted. They made copy of my email that was webmail. The time that I've forward to home are totally different.

Tip: Whenever your boss calls you, tell the boss to write on your own pad, not theirs so it gives you an advantage.

Same it does with the job applying and interview whenever opportunistic. Even if you speak well, don't speak at all but write or ask for an interpreter since that interpreter could be used as a witness.

They are often the best way to prove the case against whoever you sue for whatever reasons according.

ps. Tape recording might be a good idea unless permitted by the interviewer or boss - required by state laws; am sure some state/local laws may vary, however.

SecretBlend. I totally understand. You should watch "Through Deaf Eyes" It's documentary about the deaf people. It explained how deaf was recognized and how they were treated so badly in the 1700 to 1800. Then in the 1800, they got help, got educated and etc. It was a very interesting show and very educational. My husband had learned alot from it. He's hearing.

My ex-boss will never call me. He's too smart for that. I also want to get him for the title that he had put down. He's not the President of the company and I can prove that.

Tip: Whenever your boss calls you, tell the boss to write on your own pad, not theirs so it gives you an advantage.

Same it does with the job applying and interview whenever opportunistic. Even if you speak well, don't speak at all but write or ask for an interpreter since that interpreter could be used as a witness.

They are often the best way to prove the case against whoever you sue for whatever reasons according.

ps. Tape recording might be a good idea unless permitted by the interviewer or boss - required by state laws; am sure some state/local laws may vary, however.

The TWC got me an attorney. This is the first time that I have to filed for unemployment. I just want to prove that he's a liar. He also stated that he's the President of the company which he's not. I have prove of that too. They lied the day that I suppose to deleted the files. They were supposed to be sick but they were watching me and my friends on the computer the whole entire day. The files that I deleted are in my computer at home. It's a long story. They just wanted to get rid of me the day that I came back from medical leave.

This is always a bad situation. SC is right, facts are best. Normally, if a business is looking to get rid of someone, they will gather a rather large amount of infractions against them in order to prevent that person from garnishing unemployment benefits.

I went through something similar in Austin. When I got back from leave, all was well until one day I was pulled into an office and they read off a list of more than 10 infractions they had against me. Not one word was ever said to me about these to alter my behavior for the better. I believe they just wanted enough info to warrant termination and nothing less.

Normally, employers will write a description of the events leading to the dismissal and have you sign it before you are officially let go. This is a document they will most certainly use in their defense against you. I hope you didn't sign anything. If that's the case, it's really more of a he-said-she-said situation. You also might have your attorney look into whether or not these people ever had prior instances like this. That would certainly help you.

My heart goes out to you on this one. But i'm sure you'll find something much better down the road. That's been my experience, anyway.

Best wishes

Hunter

Thank you. You are so sweet. No, I didn't sign anything, in fact they know that I won't sign anything unless I get someone to look at it before I do. I found out today, that there is no attorney. The papers seem very confusing and this is my first time ever file for unemployment.
I went to the Workforce and have someone to explain to me. She told me that when I come in, there is going to be someone there from Austin who is going to be my interpreter, not as in sign language but for verbal over the phone for me. My husband want to be ther for me. For 9 years, I have been emotional, verbal and mental abuse by them. They have made me so scare for 9 years from losing my job. I just don't want them to ruin my reputations. I have never work for such a horrible place in all of my working life. I have never get written up for anything and I have always keep a good working attitude. Til his finance was made supervisor. She has no supervisor skills or ever been to school to even learn how to work the computer. It was awful. They have worked me a like dog there. I told my husband that I was about ready to quit before they fired me. I'm not sure of what they are thinking.
I found out from a friend of mine that they have hired a sex offender there who had work for over 6 years. He was at the Christmas party and my daughter was there. I was furious!!!
Should I bring that up? Just curious.

Wow...holy shit.

Yeah, I'm sure of it now...you are going to be MUCH better off without that whole mess. I replied to you via visitor message before I saw this but I am glad I got to read the whole post. I would not worry about this too much. It's been my experience that people like that are rarely ever organized enough to have their ducks enough in a row to avoid having to pay unemployment.

You didn't sign any paperwork upon termination, so it is their word against yours as far as why you were let go. And as I said, they need to provide ample documentation to the TWC as far as why you were let go in order to avoid paying your benefits (of which TWC and the state absorb a good bit as well). So please try to relax a bit. I think you're going to be fine and at the very least, God has taken you out of a horrible situation.

I'll keep you in my good thoughts!

Hunter

Last edited:
Thank you Hunter. I'm just so tired of that place. My neighbor thinks that I should show TWC their MySpace that they are engaged. She got hers and he got his. They don't know that I know they have a MySpace. What's confusing, he is going to handle this and not her. The matter is between me and her not him. She talk to me about it and he was not in the room. She did not want to write it down.

Yeah, the truth is gonna set everybody free on this one. Sounds like you worked for some real scumbags. Seriously, you should be fine! What kind of work do you do anyhow? And what part of Texas are you in?

Last edited:
All I know how to do is Data Entry work. But I have worked on alot of office equipments that might break down or need immediate attention. I lived in Morgan, Texas, north of Waco.
I'm just worry that they might try to ruin my reputation. What get me, they knew that I was going to quit on Friday 13th, just 2 days after they fired me. What's the deal with that? It would have made it easier for them, just to let me quit and we didn't have to go throught this. A friend of mine who use to worked there told me that my boss doesn't give up without a fight. Fight me for wanting to quit and they fired me anyway? That's doesn't make any sense.

They may have done you a favor with that. If you had quit, you wouldn't be entitled to any benefits. :) I suppose it's their fault for sucking so bad in the first place. As for your reputation, it would seem to me that people like that generally don't have much of a reputation, so it would be hard to have them ruin yours. I know from small Texas towns (I grew up in Graham) and everybody knows everyone's business.

The cool thing about data entry is that you can get work doing that online. There's ALL KINDS of jobs like that, so you can supplement some income doing that while looking for a new job in the area. And there's always Waco...now normally I'd tell anyone to avoid Waco like the freaking plague, but if you're in a small town, the $ is nicer.

Take care!

H

LOL... I know about Waco. My sister lived there. I lived in a very small town where everyone know everybody. I worked in Cleburne, so it's not so small. I'm normally from Denton, born and raised.
I have studied the paper works that the TWC send me. There are alot of questions mark on those. According to what the so called boss who he stated that he's the President and I can prove he's not. Took a photo shot of my webmail while I was checking my email online. According to the rules and regulations, I can be on the internet on break and lunch break. I don't have break unless I'm a smoker which I'm not, I feel like that they are voilated my right, even though the policies stated that they will monitored me. Just me?!, there are like 25 computers in the whole place.
I just need to know what to expect when I go in next Wednesday and what exactly that I need to bring that it won't be a waste of time.
I also typing a small summary about the place has verbal, emotional and mental abuse me while working there. Will that help me any?
Lauria

I just found out today from a friend of mine who still work at that awful place. That they can check our web mail while we still have it open on the internet. If we are working on something else and leave our web mail open, they can go in and do all the reading that they want. They were using keystroke recorder. I was wondering how they got a copy of the webmail of mine while I was working and I wasn't reading it. Is this illegal? If so, how can I find out?

Back