Teen boy sentence to 23 years in prison for shooting retired police dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the judge sentenced him for 23 years because of his criminal history, not only for killing the dog.

Meanwhile, Rosier's attorneys, Jack Fleishman and Rachel Preefer, asked Judge Rosenberg to sentence the teen as a juvenile with a six-year prison terms.

However she said she didn't feel that was appropriate after the court heard Rosier had faced previous juvenile charges for grand theft, battery, lewd and lascivious molestation and false imprisonment.

In other words, he's a VERY VERY BAD BOY.

1865? Oh, please...

This is 2014 so tell me why there's no more forced labor.

For example, we did a firing squad a long time ago. Today we don't. Why not?

Times change.

But but but... they are considering bringing the firing squad, hangings back.... and a few states still do, but very rare

Really? No more? Are you so sure? Have Utah solved all of crimes as of yet?

Better hit up law book before you blurt out something that is not true. Or check with your eye doctor.

Uh-oh, that was the last one. No more firing squads in Utah...

Really? No more? Are you so sure? Have Utah solved all of crimes as of yet?

Better hit up law book before you blurt out something that is not true. Or check with your eye doctor.
It states that Utah can't execute a prisoner on death row by a firing squad unless s/he requests for it.

From your first link:

Utah no longer offers the firing squad as an option, but would allow it only for inmates who chose this method prior to its elimination .

Does your stupid question, "Have Utah solved all of crimes as of yet?" have anything to do with types of death penalty? Are you saying death penalty by firing squad will reduce crimes?

Well, I prefer a firing squad because 10 bullets are cheaper than a ridiculously expensive lethal injection. :lol: But no more firing squads which are the past.
One gun is loaded with blanks.

You already proved my point. You have NO idea whats inside my [censored} comment! There are too many things that you have no clue whats going in today's society, and act as if you know the correct answer.

Do you really think government is going to admit something hideous? I don't think so! Not all facts are out there, majority of them are HIDDEN from society including you, me and the rest of members here on AD. That is the fact that is not easily proven but it is hidden facts.

That [censored], I had to follow Alex's policy! That is why I can't say this to you, yes, it is meant for you not the rest of ADers.

such as..........?

Wanna know why no more labor camp? It is crook's mama that complains until they stopping doing labor camp. These spoiler mama is WHO stopped the hard labor and boot camp.

Here is real proof, in prison, there is ZERO mandatory on training convicts into productivity so that they can be productivity in our society when they get out of the inside. Now, majority of them do inside is just sitting and do nothing, when they go outside into society, what do you think they are going to do? The answer is obviously… sit at home until money runs out… oh fawk Lets commit another crime so can go back inside. That is HOW it is happening now.

With labor camp, prisoners will be forced to work, and when they get out of prison, the chances are they will keep going work because they can't stand sit and do nothing. After a period of time in hard labor, they will less likely going to try another crime.

Of course, it is not going to work every time, BUT it will decrease the chances of having crooks re-commit crimes after hard labor.

I just wish these mama quit spoiling their kids and shut the fawk up about penal system in the first place.

source please?

It is way too long, and nothing is done about it. Sitting in prison cell for 23 years is NOT going to make any difference. Point is regardless of how long it is, it is NOT going to make any difference, and there is clear proof out there. The longer one stays in prison, they turn themselves into institutionalized and how can it help one quit commit more crimes?

The idea of prison with lengthy time in prison was to force them think what they done, and hopefully they turn themselves around. The theory started about hundred years ago where they thought the longer prison time would cure the problem. Now we know for sure it is NOT working,

So, it is clear to me that longer time spend doing nothing but think is not going to work.

Lastly, what scares me is that prisons are actually a college for criminals to enhance their criminal skills and put them in use when they get out of prison. labor camp and boot camp don't allow that to happen and I see it as real advantage and REAL discipline.

it does make a difference. 23 years of terror-free from this thug. we will be safe from him.... for 23 years.

There is fact that we can't deny… we have the highest population in prison in America than anywhere in the world. What does it say about American's prison?
please enlighten us.

And the country with second highest was not even close to America inmates to society ratio!

And care explain why you think it is working EVEN though we have the highest inmate population in the world?
I doubt you're able to explain.

Not really, I made excellent point, but there is problem, you don't understand and I'm not going waste my time to explain to you again.

please don't bother explaining because you still continue to fail to make any valid point at all. I'm sure it sounds like an excellent point in your head but I'm telling you that it doesn't in here. you see anybody in here patting on your back for making an "excellent point"?

I'm sorry to be blunt but you just don't seem to get it and you were being quite rude.

That's not true - see 13th Amendment.

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Primary Documents of American History (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)

The constitution allows prisoners to have forced labor with no pay, as punishment for convicted of crime.

perhaps you should research a little more thoroughly on the subsequent of Thirteenth Amendment regarding "forced labor".

here's your homework -

Man Alleging Prison Labor Violated Anti-Slavery Amendment to Get Day in Court - ABC News
Prison Labor and the Thirteenth Amendment | Prison Law Blog

do you know what makes penal labor different from slavery? they get paid. that's just one example.

please don't bother explaining because you still continue to fail to make any valid point at all. I'm sure it sounds like an excellent point in your head but I'm telling you that it doesn't in here. you see anybody in here patting on your back for making an "excellent point"?

I'm sorry to be blunt but you just don't seem to get it and you were being quite rude.

Not really, only in your head and I already know that you are playing with my words, even I know you aren't read my posts and any articles.

You are only one person that has difficult to understand my statement and I made excellent point with my statements, even my friends agree with me.

Sorry, I don't following you in all topics, but I found some of your advice is useful, especially in thread about life insurance, but about US Supreme Court, I disagree with you really further.

Not really, only in your head and I already know that you are playing with my words, even I know you aren't read my posts and any articles.

You are only one person that has difficult to understand my statement and I made excellent point with my statements, even my friends agree with me.

Sorry, I don't following you in all topics, but I found some of your advice is useful, especially in thread about life insurance, but about US Supreme Court, I disagree with you really further.

that's fine. time to move on.

perhaps you should research a little more thoroughly on the subsequent of Thirteenth Amendment regarding "forced labor".

here's your homework -

Man Alleging Prison Labor Violated Anti-Slavery Amendment to Get Day in Court - ABC News
Prison Labor and the Thirteenth Amendment | Prison Law Blog

do you know what makes penal labor different from slavery? they get paid. that's just one example.

13th Amendment allows labor with no pay for prisoners as punishment for convicted of crime, also states used to have hard labor camps in past, but not much anymore today because labor in prison is voluntarily with pay or reward (shorten the sentence, more freedom). The definition of slavery is labor with no pay but it is not formal used in hard labor camp or prison.

I believe that hard labor camp is better solution to make adults realize that they shouldn't commit crime after years of painful life in labor camp. I don't believe that prisoners should have more rights and they supposed to live like hell as real punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back