Teen boy sentence to 23 years in prison for shooting retired police dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
13th Amendment allows labor with no pay for prisoners as punishment for convicted of crime, also states used to have hard labor camps in past, but not much anymore today because labor in prison is voluntarily with pay or reward (shorten the sentence, more freedom). The definition of slavery is labor with no pay but it is not formal used in hard labor camp or prison.
slavery was legal in the past... and not anymore later on. time has changed. lot of things were once thought legal and now it's not.

I believe that hard labor camp is better solution to make adults realize that they shouldn't commit crime after years of painful life in labor camp.
I don't believe hard labor camp is a solution and it has never worked. I support any solution that would lessen recidivism rate and lower crime rate. hard labor is a failed solution and has failed for decades. many academic journals have already been published saying so.

I don't believe that prisoners should have more rights and they supposed to live like hell as real punishment.
you and DHB still have continued to say "more rights more rights more rights" for prisoners and yet... failed to provide me specific examples of exactly what "more rights" are you talking about.

Your dead wrong again, firing squad still exists even today.

Oklahoma and Utah still allows that under their law books.

The last time was not long ago in Utah.

The recent history of states contemplating firing squads and other execution methods - The Washington Post

This tell why more states are thinking using a firing squad for execution . There was an execution by lethal injection that went wrong and the countries that where making the drugs do not feel this right to do anymore. So states are looking using a firing squad and an inmate requested to killed this way.

slavery was legal in the past... and not anymore later on. time has changed. lot of things were once thought legal and now it's not.

I don't believe hard labor camp is a solution and it has never worked. I support any solution that would lessen recidivism rate and lower crime rate. hard labor is a failed solution and has failed for decades. many academic journals have already been published saying so.

you and DHB still have continued to say "more rights more rights more rights" for prisoners and yet... failed to provide me specific examples of exactly what "more rights" are you talking about.

Under 13th Amendment, the slavery is illegal now, except for prisoners that use as punishment for conviction of crime they committed.

See in bold.
The 13th Amendment to the Constitution declared that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." Formally abolishing slavery in the United States, the 13th Amendment was passed by the Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the states on December 6, 1865.

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Primary Documents of American History (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)

Do you see exception under 13th Amendment above? Yes or No

Can you tell me why China has lower crime rate and they have hard labor camp?

Today, prisoners get more rights because they have 3 real meals per day, mattress with sheet, uniform, towel, access to medical service, dental service, socialize with other prisoners, fresh shower with soap, toothbrush/ toothpaste, some prisons have AC, gym, library, education program, access to cosmetic surgery for anyone with gender disorder and TV service.

It make me feel that prison is not real punishment unless they remove many of them above. I heard about Japanese prison is extremely strict with numerous rules and Mexico/Thailand prisons are very nasty. We should make prison condition so poorer as possible and strip the constitutional rights for prisoners to realize that prison isn't place for them. I'm victim of 2 different robberies in DC and the punishment isn't enough for them. I wish that I could shoot robbers in their head and their families need learn to how raise them properly instead of victimize innocent citizens.

This whole thing happened here locally to me. 23 years is not long enough for what this dog had to endure in my mind, and no, race did not play a part in the sentencing.

As to the comment about "work labor" or that kind of thing. I do not know if Florida still has the "chain gangs" for prison workers and that kind of thing. I do know other states use them to clean up the highways and such.

Sounded like ur having issues with ur eyes, perhaps its time for u to have ur eyes checked.
Or maybe u need go back to class on how to read. :hmm:

Sounded like ur having issues with ur eyes, perhaps its time for u to have ur eyes checked.
Or maybe u need go back to class on how to read. :hmm:

I think he's perfect candidate to be teacher for gifted students at elementary school and tell all kids that they are silly... :roll: :lol:

Time to end this discussion folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back