Target Removing Gender Label

Perhaps. I actually was a gender-neutral "gal" as I played with both "girl" and "boy" toys, games, etc. And I tried to raise my girls to be gender neutral also, but it's hard when society wants to pigeon hole everyone and everything.

Its doing the same either way....dont get me wrong. I dont care what language you or anyone else uses.i was just pointing something out. I find the push to gender neutral, is just the usual orwellian idea of controling the use of language, to also control throught. Thats the very idea of getting rid of the traditional lebels. So on so forth.
Why it matters really should be explored. Sencerely.
Anyway.

This is only for toys and games kids play with , not clothes . There is no needs to have gender labels on toys and games . Some girls love getting a toy tool box for a gift and some boys love getting a teddy bear for a gift and there is nothing wrong about this. No wrong girls and boys don't play with difference toys that much today and that was why parents got fed up with the gender label . If you saw my granddaughter bedroom you would not be able to tell if it was a boy's or a girl's. I really think the ads for toys on TV need to be updated too and not gender labeled anymore.

I honestly do not see the big deal... everyone trying to force things into a gender neutrality all the while coming up with their own gender label and other identities... why change and nitpick at everything... I agree with society needing a more open mind, but this is also being stated to everyone under all groups, labels, identities, and whatever other block, slot, or hole you want to put yourself. Personally starting to think the whole of society needs to smoke a fat one... this is really getting rediculous.

I honestly do not see the big deal... everyone trying to force things into a gender neutrality all the while coming up with their own gender label and other identities... why change and nitpick at everything... I agree with society needing a more open mind, but this is also being stated to everyone under all groups, labels, identities, and whatever other block, slot, or hole you want to put yourself. Personally starting to think the whole of society needs to smoke a fat one... this is really getting rediculous.

Indeed it is...but its just really the beginning...it will be interesting to see where it all leads...

(Lights fat joint...)

I watched cartoons that had female role in the 1980's... "She Ra" for one who is sister to "He Man". Children has their preference to watch or play what they like. I've played with my sister's toys and that wasn't a big deal.

I don't think someone is offended, it just points out the stereotypes of labels in toy department. They feel it is unnecessary to suggest products by gender except in clothing and shoes.

This is the sign that is being discussed in the news.

Indeed it is...but its just really the beginning...it will be interesting to see where it all leads...

(Lights fat joint...)

Need to start passing it to others kind sir... they may need it more :)
Not really the beginning, but it is starting to really roll now... but it is like people miss the days when there was more to actually fight for...so now they look for a clause instead of actually fixing things that is wrong...

Need to start passing it to others kind sir... they may need it more :)
Not really the beginning, but it is starting to really roll now... but it is like people miss the days when there was more to actually fight for...so now they look for a clause instead of actually fixing things that is wrong...

Yep

Bec people get offended over every little thing. Never know what's next.

Thank you for posting a working link.

I think this a good thing , kids pick up on the gender labels on toys too and if some boys see a boy playing with a 'girl' toy they will bully the boy and call him a 'sissy'. Get rid of the 'gender labels on toys , and it's
no long a 'sissy' toy. I don't girls get picked on as much for playing with
'boy' toys , I knew a guy who like to play with dolls and his own father picked on him! If may not had happen if there was no gender labels on toys.

I think this a good thing , kids pick up on the gender labels on toys too and if some boys see a boy playing with a 'girl' toy they will bully the boy and call him a 'sissy'. Get rid of the 'gender labels on toys , and it's
no long a 'sissy' toy. I don't girls get picked on as much for playing with
'boy' toys , I knew a guy who like to play with dolls and his own father picked on him! If may not had happen if there was no gender labels on toys.

What planet are you on again?
Its not the lebels that make bullies bully...
But i have ask what is so wrong or what new descovery that has been stumpled upon that leads to the idea that lebels are even a bad thing in this case.?
So is this just about attacking and changing how boys actually play?
Thats what it appears to me. Maybe women should spend more time worrying about the girls and leave the boys to be boys...to get dirty. Fight, run, and cause a little mayhem wile growing up...
American society has been.so thourouly...mmm...im sorry to use the term but it fits...*****fied....its scary to see where the future will be...

If may not had happen if there was no gender labels on toys.

People will be people... it is a sad fact that regardless of age and place people will pick on others... I would think it is more important to teach our childern to be theirself and to stand up for theirself and their beliefs rather than forcing everyone to conform....

People will be people... it is a sad fact that regardless of age and place people will pick on others... I would think it is more important to teach our childern to be theirself and to stand up for theirself and their beliefs rather than forcing everyone to conform....

that is easier said than done , some children have a hard standing up for their self and these are the kids bullies like to target . :(

that is easier said than done , some children have a hard standing up for their self and these are the kids bullies like to target . :(

Changing lebels wont do sqout...
Teaching and cultivating self esteem will...
But
Changing lebels is allot easier...and a good ideological driven way to make a statement...so

Kids are told to tattle, bullies are labeled criminals, they are not given the tools they need in life to deal with it nor how to handle real life....
If kids are given self esteem and understand their worth and mind they would not be such easy targets and would be better able to handle the situation. There is no way to remove bulling... but teaching our kids to be complacent and tattletails seems to open the field up for the bullies....

The only store appears to be doing this is Target. I haven't heard any other stores following the foot steps of Target.

It's up to the customers to either stay a regular shopper or say , adios to Target.

The only store appears to be doing this is Target. I haven't heard any other stores following the foot steps of Target.

It's up to the customers to either stay a regular shopper or say , adios to Target.

It will spread.. and in time other stores will follow...

Target has been around for enough years it should know better than to pull a stunt like that. All budding engineers will play with Lincoln Logs and Logo sets. Sex should not be an issue. .

It will spread.. and in time other stores will follow...
Maybe, just wait and see. I was just thinking do children even play with toys these days? With technology most kids play with video game systems like Wii and PlayStation.

Children learn how to use their parents iPhone or other brand of smartphone playing games.

Target has been around for enough years it should know better than to pull a stunt like that. All budding engineers will play with Lincoln Logs and Logo sets. Sex should not be an issue. .

HUH? What stunt did they pull by removing gender labels from toys???

Thats what it appears to me. Maybe women should spend more time worrying about the girls and leave the boys to be boys...to get dirty. Fight, run, and cause a little mayhem wile growing up..

What???

So only women should 'worry about the girls' and not "worry about boys"? So the fathers don't or should I say "shouldn't" worry about their children either?

In your scenario of "well let the boys go out and get dirty, fight etc," what would you say if the boy doesn't want to do that but would rather stay home and do "traditionally 'girl' things" like play house or whatever else? What about if the girl wants to go out and rough house and go play in the lake. wander in the woods? My older niece did with very little interference from her father and (step)mother when she was young. She grew up just fine thank you very much. Isn't that 'labeling' or categorizing specific behaviors to specific genders rather than saying let all children play the same way?

Quite frankly what IS the difference between "building sets" and "girl building sets" anyway? They both have the same purpose... build something and play with it- so see no reason why both boys and girls can play with any of them.

I don't see it 'spreading'-- seems to me that some clothing is already unisex anyway and has been for many years while others will always be more preferable to female or male (including specific sizing)...

I don't see it 'spreading'-- seems to me that some clothing is already unisex anyway and has been for many years while others will always be more preferable to female or male (including specific sizing)...
I agree with most of what you said, but you bring up a point that reminds me of a tiff on target not to long ago, and I am wondering if it is what is causing target to all gender nuetral.
Clothing sizes. Target was...well targeted over having age inappropriate clothing for girls. Many of their shorts had inseems sometime even with the crotch of the shorts... and this was for toddlers. While boys clothes had respectable lengths for inseems...
Shirts that did not cover so much as a belly button and so on and so forth.
While yes boys and girls are built differently, even at a young age, this should not be acceptable... yet as target argued they only sell what people buy. But it did bring target under a spotlight for sometime about how they handle gender specific items within their stores.

I agree with most of what you said, but you bring up a point that reminds me of a tiff on target not to long ago, and I am wondering if it is what is causing target to all gender nuetral.
Clothing sizes. Target was...well targeted over having age inappropriate clothing for girls. Many of their shorts had inseems sometime even with the crotch of the shorts... and this was for toddlers. While boys clothes had respectable lengths for inseems...
Shirts that did not cover so much as a belly button and so on and so forth.
While yes boys and girls are built differently, even at a young age, this should not be acceptable... yet as target argued they only sell what people buy. But it did bring target under a spotlight for sometime about how they handle gender specific items within their stores.
That part I also agree with-- I've never understood why there were such things as "short shorts"- more so for girls but there are some for boys/men as well. Never understood the "sexualization" of juniors or even toddler apparel. That's why 'uni-sex' fits better for children under the age of .. I guess 12? Kind of out of the loop on that as I have no children, only nieces and nephews by family and friends (honorary uncle lol). The sizing aspect would be more in the teenage realm- even then...have known teens of both genders who don't exactly fit the 'cookie cutter' sizes thrown out by so many companies lol (then it gets expensive with tailoring or specialized..ugh- pain in the ass as a short male).

Back