Target Removing Gender Label

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
abc13.com/society/target-removing-gender-labels-from-most-of-childrens-department/914361

I have no words to describe. Unbelievable.

The toys, home, and entertainment shouldn't have a gender label, there is children on both sexes play with anything they want to. The apparels, shoes will continue to remain labeled because of sizing and fit differences between sexes. Culture changes in the society in many things.

I played Barbie dolls when I was little boy so that's not gay. :lol:

Thinking about wanting to be Transgender to be a girl, Foxrac. I am joking. Seriously, it does not matter what you want to play like Barbie dolls. It is not sissy. Things have change.

I had watched a couple of programs about Transgender and it is an eye opening and I learned that it was not a choice, it just happen that girls who have boy brains want to be boys and boys who have girl brains want to be girls. It just happen as naturally. I guess this is how we evolve into something we don't have no control over our bodies. Transgenders and Same Sex Marriage.

This is something that they all should be happy whatever they are doing to their lifestyle. No one should tell them how to run their lives.

When I shopped for my oldest daughter when she was little I tried to find gender neutral clothes, especially outerwear. Mainly so that if I had a boy later I could more easily have him wear hand me downs.

I use to love meccano that was advertised as boys thing..my grandson has pushchair with baby and kitchen toys he got to learn men deal with babies and know way round kitchen he also loves rugby

Wondering... girls' bikes are stopped calling girls' bikes? LOL, it's not going to happen.

And my daughter liked matchboxes trucks and brought one to school and her teacher took it and never gave it back to my child ! It's about time someone did this , there is no needs to have gender label on toys and bedding . Kids shouldn't feel uncomfortable about liking a certain toy. I hope all the stores will do this , it might help cut down on bullying too.
Boys get picked on liking Barbie dolls .

I brought my daughter a boy bike b/c it was better made than the girl bike.

when I was a little kid I liked playing with toy trucks and cars, had a toy garbage truck <and had names for them> and also stuffed animals and modle horses, and also some male action figures. Had a few dolls but not Barbies, although my female childhood friends had Barbies and we did sometimes play with them. Mostly at my house we played with the stuffed animals, model horses and toy vehicles - would make up fantasy stories about their adventures.
I liked running around outside barefoot, and climbing trees, catching grasshoppers and looking at things under rocks.
My folks didn't want to restrict me to play with or do only certain things because I was, or identified as, a girl.
I also had a variety of colors of clothes.

The old "pink for girls and blue for boys" is silly

when I was a little kid I liked playing with toy trucks and cars, had a toy garbage truck <and had names for them> and also stuffed animals and modle horses, and also some male action figures. Had a few dolls but not Barbies, although my female childhood friends had Barbies and we did sometimes play with them. Mostly at my house we played with the stuffed animals, model horses and toy vehicles - would make up fantasy stories about their adventures.
I liked running around outside barefoot, and climbing trees, catching grasshoppers and looking at things under rocks.
My folks didn't want to restrict me to play with or do only certain things because I was, or identified as, a girl.

OMG! I am so sick of the "pink for girls and blue for boys crap! I really never liked pink that much . I took the boxes my dad shirts came in from
the dry cleaner and sting them together to made a train when I was a little girl , I liked that better than a doll. I pulled it around the house going
'Toot" Toot" LOL!

Okay, this seems silly to me... yes boys and girls play with differwnt toys... but as a shopper, if I want a dress and top for my daughter the girls sign is easy to find... society needs to grow a pair and chill....

Okay, this seems silly to me... yes boys and girls play with differwnt toys... but as a shopper, if I want a dress and top for my daughter the girls sign is easy to find... society needs to grow a pair and chill....

This is only for toys and games kids play with , not clothes . There is no needs to have gender labels on toys and games . Some girls love getting a toy tool box for a gift and some boys love getting a teddy bear for a gift and there is nothing wrong about this. No wrong girls and boys don't play with difference toys that much today and that was why parents got fed up with the gender label . If you saw my granddaughter bedroom you would not be able to tell if it was a boy's or a girl's. I really think the ads for toys on TV need to be updated too and not gender labeled anymore.

I use to love meccano that was advertised as boys thing..my grandson has pushchair with baby and kitchen toys he got to learn men deal with babies and know way round kitchen he also loves rugby

Shh, don't tell him, but my grandson is getting a kitchen for his 3rd birthday on Wednesday. Mom-mom sent him some play food to use in his kitchen.

:wave: I, too, was and still am a tomboy. And once we were allowed to wear pants to school, I rarely wore a dress or skirt. And then in HS we were allowed to wear jeans and t-shirts - still my preferred dress code. :cool2:

But isnt using the term "tomboy" itself captive to gender stereotypes and roles?

But isnt using the term "tomboy" itself captive to gender stereotypes and roles?

Perhaps. I actually was a gender-neutral "gal" as I played with both "girl" and "boy" toys, games, etc. And I tried to raise my girls to be gender neutral also, but it's hard when society wants to pigeon hole everyone and everything.

Back