Tanning bed

Xoxostarss

Reaction score
have any one of you experienced tanning bed? If you have, did you like it and why?

I haven't tried but I have been thinking about it. I'm curious to see what it is like and what I will look like after.

well it is hard for me to get tan if i lay outside in the sun. I'm white like a ghost.

Hard? Try being out in the sun a lot for a week or two (most dangerous hours of being in sun is 12 pm to 5 pm), by then u should be getting a little tanned.

As for tanning beds, they are more dangerous than the sun's rays itself. Tanning beds can cause your skin to wrinkle prematurely and cause health problems (my grandma tried it but she had skin problems as a result so my mom refuses to let me near one at all). So I do it the natural way (sunblock and be out in sun for hours).

Edit: I know all this because I'm a lifeguard and in summertime I lifeguard outdoors all the time, and I'm usually white like a ghost until summertime when I finally get all tanned by July or so after a month of spending time outdoors.

never tried tanning bed - i dont know if i should give it a try - it has a lot of risks... some of people could get addicited to it and do it oftenly.. and then they ended up getting a skin cancer

Originally posted by deafgal01
Hard? Try being out in the sun a lot for a week or two (most dangerous hours of being in sun is 12 pm to 5 pm), by then u should be getting a little tanned.

As for tanning beds, they are more dangerous than the sun's rays itself. Tanning beds can cause your skin to wrinkle prematurely and cause health problems (my grandma tried it but she had skin problems as a result so my mom refuses to let me near one at all). So I do it the natural way (sunblock and be out in sun for hours).

Edit: I know all this because I'm a lifeguard and in summertime I lifeguard outdoors all the time, and I'm usually white like a ghost until summertime when I finally get all tanned by July or so after a month of spending time outdoors.

I agree with that

i once took tan booth in 98' for prom, of course ... i love TAN, it looks gooood .... well, i suggest you take tan bed first for 2 minutes then next day 3 minutes, next 2 days later, get 4 mins ... up to 10 minutes, if you take 10 mintues on FIRST DAY, you will get BURN! like SUNBURN! ... if you take it easy ... u won't get BURN at all ... tan standup is little more power than tan beds like they get TAN fast than tan beds... xoxo, im sure you will look good with tan but UP TO YOU, dont get ADDICT! :)

Never tried it. I am like a stainless steel fork in a microwave. Can't get tan easily. Due to my Irish blood in me. :o

Yes i went to sunbed before about 10 -11 times but no more now. Because sunbed make me dizzy and sweater. Never do it again! So my bestfriend Elise always go to sunbed she seem really happy with it :dunno:

I never try it but yeah of course I do heard it might get cancer on skin... and etc. I dont want try it . cuz I am light tan already bec I can go outside anytime if i want to I can get light tan anyway. I am fine with it.

yea i do that as many many many time.. sun tan and light bed tan etc. Cuz that is me surf :)

yeah i went tanning once for prom last year and plan on going a few times for this year's senior prom. but last year, it was alright. i went in for a few minutes and i was already burnt. i get burnt easily at first.. it really depends on what kind of beds they have at the place you go to. just ask the people who work there to put in the right bed that suits your skin. ;)

can't wait to see you in TAN :thumb: (Amy)

My sister got some tan from a tanning bed before...she did that so she would look "sexy" going to a prom afew years ago...lol

Of course, you could get some skin cancer if you use the tanning bed abit too much...

Back