surgery to regain hearing loss

what kind of hearing therapy n how will they help me.please tell in details

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

I think she's referring to counseling to accept your loss (Psychiatrists, Psychologists). It's unusual for someone with such little loss to need therapy really. I went to see a counselor after my right ear went a couple of pitches to profound. However, if my right ear suddenly went to mild loss like yours, I'd be taking up Tango dancing to celebrate.

I think what many people are trying to understand is why you're going off the deep end posting all over this board about hearing loss, stem cell replacement, surgery to correct your hearing, etc., and you have mild hearing loss. People generally have that reaction to sudden hearing loss when they lose a significant amount of their hearing in one day, in the severe range, or nearly all. That's tramatic, but not in your range. It's like you were told your near sighted and wearing eyeglasses should help you at school - and you react in horror, saying you'll never get a job, please your family, or be a productive member of society and you want to give up in life.

You're in India among the poorest of the poor who live on street, outcasts from society. Their lot in life will never change. There are girls and young women that have rejected romantic advances, or for some twisted sense of "punishment," have had acid thrown at them, burning a significant portion of the body. This is very common in India, as you know, and no amount of surgery will correct this so they're doomed to a lifetime of pain. You just need hearing aids for mild loss, and you tell me your life is nearly over because of this? Have you ever thought about approaching one of these people to tell them about your sad lot in life and how helpless you feel? Of course not, you'd be too embarrassed because there's no comparison. You've spent a lot of time on this board harping on about how hard your life is - and most of us would give anything to hear what you do. The forum is "AllDeaf" - so that should be the first clue.

You need to sit down with a counselor to determine why you have so little self-worth and feel incapable of making a life for yourself. Do your parents even know you feel this way over something so minor? How would you handle that bigger crises in life? There are people all over India that wear eye glasses, some with far worse vision than your degree of hearing loss - and they succeed. You need to find out why you're using this as an excuse to give up. If people on AllDeaf seem insensitive to you, it's because Americans don't believe in weakness. I sincerely hope you make an appointment with a therapist because you need help and it's not with your hearing.

Laura

Mayuri, there is something else going on here. I have no idea what it is, but you need to find out. Perhaps it is prejudice over another issue. I had an experience similar to that at the same time I got hearing aids, but I NEVER thought that my hearing loss was the problem.

Perhaps it is something as simple as depression. You need to get more involved in helping others. Depression can become a very self-centered thing.

i think u people are right....i need to interact with more n.more people n must stop thinking about it because the more i think the more it makes me upset...thankyou so much for giving me this confidence...can i communicate with you some where else like watsapp...viber or any other application if u dont have any problem

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Mayuri - can you opost a copy of your audiogram results? (Or just the frequencies with corresponding decibel levels?)

what kind of hearing therapy n how will they help me.please tell in details

What does a Hearing Therapist do?

What does a Hearing Therapist do?

A Hearing Therapist can...

Do a hearing evaluation and discuss your hearing difficulties with you
Help you use your hearing more effectively
Teach ways of improving your communication skills
Help you use hearing aid(s) to greater effect
Give information about equipment available to assist with daily living, eg; telephone,television
Offer information and advice to you and your family
Teach speech reading and provide auditory training
Offer advice, practical help to people with tinnitus
Provide information about hearing loss and its prevention to professional groups, community organisations and the general public
What does a Hearing Therapist do? | LIFE Unlimited, providing the best possible services for people with disablities

I think what many people are trying to understand is why you're going off the deep end posting all over this board about hearing loss, stem cell replacement, surgery to correct your hearing, etc., and you have mild hearing loss. People generally have that reaction to sudden hearing loss when they lose a significant amount of their hearing in one day, in the severe range, or nearly all. That's tramatic, but not in your range. It's like you were told your near sighted and wearing eyeglasses should help you at school - and you react in horror, saying you'll never get a job, please your family, or be a productive member of society and you want to give up in life.

Have you ever thought about approaching one of these people to tell them about your sad lot in life and how helpless you feel? Of course not, you'd be too embarrassed because there's no comparison. You've spent a lot of time on this board harping on about how hard your life is - and most of us would give anything to hear what you do. The forum is "AllDeaf" - so that should be the first clue.

You need to sit down with a counselor to determine why you have so little self-worth and feel incapable of making a life for yourself. Do your parents even know you feel this way over something so minor? How would you handle that bigger crises in life?

If people on AllDeaf seem insensitive to you, it's because Americans don't believe in weakness. I sincerely hope you make an appointment with a therapist because you need help and it's not with your hearing.

Laura

I have recommended Hearing Aid Forum - AllHearing.com can the op confirm weather she/he has joined please?

As I believe it would a better support group

Someone resembling her (Taneja) has joined this forum claiming severe loss but CIC's. :confused:

The link doesn't work. I hope you're wrong though. I'd hate to think I wasted this much time typing trying to help a person that didn't exist.

Laura

Someone resembling her (Taneja) has joined this forum claiming severe loss but CIC's. :confused:

This person has told me that my profile pic of my HAs in a heart shape is telling people to do something really stupid, won't say what as its bad. She then says that deafness is a heartache and by the fact that my HAs are in a heart means that I'm not concerned about my deafness and I have some serious wrong with me as I'm not seeing my deafness as a problem, grrr.

She calls herself taneja there. Started a thread under Stem Cell Research :shock: on tinnitis

Exactly, Naida. So you suspect her, too?

This person has told me that my profile pic of my HAs in a heart shape is telling people to do something really stupid, won't say what as its bad. She then says that deafness is a heartache and by the fact that my HAs are in a heart means that I'm not concerned about my deafness and I have some serious wrong with me as I'm not seeing my deafness as a problem, grrr.

Good grief!!!! Takes all kinds of people, all kinds. The all hearing forum isn't real active yet so she wouldn't get much help there probably the link laura put up is better for the hearingaid forum. Lots of audi's are members over there too.

Taneja seems to wear Phonak Versata... And this person Starkey CIC. Maybe a different person, or just one with psychiatric problems.

Taneja seems to wear Phonak Versata... And this person Starkey CIC. Maybe a different person, or just one with psychiatric problems.

It might be. This person (tinja whatever) also didn't seem to be concerned with no one seeing the aids, and no mention of not being able to talk on a cell, which seems their (the op of this thread) biggest gripe.

Yeah, but CIC with severe loss? Wouldn't the feedback cancellation on that destroy the quality of sound?

If they aren't the same person, maybe they ought to get together and come to a better understanding of the cultural issues. We have to realize that she will end up reading this whenever she gets back online.

Taneja claims to live in New Delhi.

If they aren't the same person, maybe they ought to get together and come to a better understanding of the cultural issues. We have to realize that she will end up reading this whenever she gets back online.

Taneja claims to live in New Delhi.

They're the same person...what a con artist....:pissed:

35b9j81.jpg

Whoooo-hoooo...he's Hot!

They're the same person...what a con artist....:pissed:
Yeah, really didn't want to do a detailed comparison. I need to get back to revising my book before I get the next set of new information. Snowstorm is a good time to do it. Detailed comparisons are what I do in my book :D . :naughty: Getting tired of it.

Back