surgery to regain hearing loss

Mild Hearing Loss – People with mild hearing loss often have difficulty following speech, particularly in situations where it is noisy. The lowest sound people with this form of hearing loss can perceive is 25 to 39 decibels.
Moderate Hearing Loss – People with moderate hearing loss have difficulty following speech, even when they are wearing a hearing aid. The lowest sound people with this form of hearing loss can perceive is 40 to 69 decibels.
Severe Hearing Loss - People with severe hearing loss are likely to rely on lipreading, even when they are wearing a hearing aid. The lowest sound people with this form of hearing loss can perceive is 70 to 94 decibels.
Profound Hearing Loss – People with profound hearing loss are prone to using lipreading, but are likely to use sign language as their first or preferred language. The lowest sound people with this form of hearing loss can perceive is 95 decibels or more.

I can't stress this enough, all people with hearing loss, rely on lip reading and need to face the person to hear. It's not unique to any degree of loss. I did this before getting hearing aids as a child (because I heard nothing without them) and I did it as an adult with moderate to severe bilateral loss and still do it as well with moderate to severe/profound loss. It doesn't change. It's a habit all do.

mayuri, as stated your Starkeys don't provide many features beyond the bare essentials. Yet another reason why I skipped them and got Widex instead. You may not be able to afford my model (or need my particular model) but there are others you could choose from, including Phonak that might be in your price range. You need to break down and see your audi and tell her all the things you've been posting on this board. If you're unhappy, he/she has no way of knowing unless you say something. BTW, I would not consider anyone with mild hearing loss "late deafened." You are no where near a critical level of loss, which is all the more baffling why you continue to ask about surgery, stem cell research and hearing aids when you've repeatedly said that you have no money. The only person that can really be of help to you is the audi. You need to visit his/her office or make the earliest appointment you can get.

Laura

If it's true, and safe as well as affordable, I'd be first in line.

Laura

Researchers are working on getting away from the origin-of-stem-cells issue. I read about one that managed to make blood cells from a donor turn into stem cells. It is not ready for wide-spread use yet.

You are no where near a critical level of loss, which is all the more baffling why you continue to ask about surgery, stem cell research and hearing aids when you've repeatedly said that you have no money. The only person that can really be of help to you is the audi. You need to visit his/her office or make the earliest appointment you can get.

Laura

Agree with Laura, you need to speak to your Audi about everything you out on here.

is OP real?
She is either moving into a scam, or needs to see a counselor or like Naida says, have a heart-to-heart talk with her audi.

On the other hand, her troubles gave me insight into my son. He has severe astigmatism and near-sightedness, needed to get his eyes checked. He hates his eyes because of the problems. I went along, and the Dr. and I discussed contact lenses, radial keratomy, and even the possibility of detached retina. Dr. said he would be a bad candidate for contacts or surgery, and that statistics say refraction problems are a small factor in det.ret. He said that son is lucky that glasses give him excellent vision. Son chose Buddy Holly glasses in response!!!

She is either moving into a scam, or needs to see a counselor or like Naida says, have a heart-to-heart talk with her audi.

On the other hand, her troubles gave me insight into my son. He has severe astigmatism and near-sightedness, needed to get his eyes checked. He hates his eyes because of the problems. I went along, and the Dr. and I discussed contact lenses, radial keratomy, and even the possibility of detached retina. Dr. said he would be a bad candidate for contacts or surgery, and that statistics say refraction problems are a small factor in det.ret. He said that son is lucky that glasses give him excellent vision. Son chose Buddy Holly glasses in response!!!

yeah OP keeps saying about no money but still talking about how expensive those kind of device heairng aids that makes me wnder if op wants to cause some dramas here. Now i see what you are saying about all possible it could be.. thanks.

So is his music! I am sure younger posters would need to ask Google on that one.

I have the same thing as your son but the astigmatism is in my right eye, but I'm near sighted too. Glasses are still on the list after I pay off the Widex. I worked with two people that did Lasik surgery and it ruined their sight. They told me never to do it and I've no intention of doing so. Kudos to the doctor - he sounds like he has morals and knows what he's talking about. Buddy Holly rocked, but does your son know about Mr. Cool himself, James Dean? He's still an icon....and looked great in glasses too. :cool2:

Laura

James Dean? Googled pix, and didn't see one with glasses. Son has had the same eye doctor for several years, I guess he knows him well. He generally goes through at least two pair a year. Let's just say he has improved greatly in his lifestyle choices.

The reason for the choice, when I suggested it, is so that he can find them in the morning. We might be able to get him a pair of spares.

Here is Buddy-- probably the best picture I saw.

James Dean? Googled pix, and didn't see one with glasses. Son has had the same eye doctor for several years, I guess he knows him well. He generally goes through at least two pair a year. Let's just say he has improved greatly in his lifestyle choices.

The reason for the choice, when I suggested it, is so that he can find them in the morning. We might be able to get him a pair of spares.

Here is Buddy-- probably the best picture I saw.

35b9j81.jpg

Thanks, Botts, I guess she was right.

Let me try this again.

I must not have enough posts to link pix.

i have money to offor those things but before i do i want to gain information regarding them so it wont approve to be wastage of my resource after getting them in hurry.i feel sharing ideas,experience n information is nothing like fool or whatever you are calling it...i dont have much idea about hear aids n i am eager to learn more about it that is the reason i post here..i am sorry if u find my post silly...

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

i have money to offor those things but before i do i want to gain information regarding them so it wont approve to be wastage of my resource after getting them in hurry.i feel sharing ideas,experience n information is nothing like fool or whatever you are calling it...i dont have much idea about hear aids n i am eager to learn more about it that is the reason i post here..i am sorry if u find my post silly...

We don't find your posts silly but you keep asking the same questions. The only real person that help can you with your cellphone problems is your Audi :)

my audi is fool i had visited him dozen times...he says i am not a complete lip reader but i catch everthing quickly if i look at that face bec of direct vibration of speech sonething like that so he says you need to practice to talk people without looking at there face than only you will able to talk well on cellphone n he is only the one audi in my city..after my xams me planning to visit delhi to consult other better audi than mine...

my audi is fool i had visited him dozen times...he says i am not a complete lip reader so he says you need to practice to talk people without looking at there face than only you will able to talk well on cellphone

You possible need hearing therapy

inmate23 said:
Quote:

You possible need hearing therapy

what kind of hearing therapy n how will they help me.please tell in details

Thanks, Botts, I guess she was right.

Let me try this again.

I must not have enough posts to link pix.

Just google James Deans with Glasses. He has a series of them in a selection of photos I think called "The Sweater Years," by photographer Roy Shaft, if I remember the name right. James Dean I think was himself very near sighted and often wore glasses so you'll be able to find a bunch.

Back