Surgeries / Operations

ChelEler

Reaction score
I have had my head cut open four times by the same one doctor (Cochlear Implant reasons). My husband had his appendix removed at age 11, and his back cut open by a doctor for lumbar fusion recently. He also had many other surgeries but they happened after severe accidents at different times.

Have you had any surgeries / operations in your life? Surgeries / operations mean a doctor purposedly cut you open, fix you, and finally close you up, not by any accidents.

Let's hear about yours.

I've been very fortunate to not require surgery for anything, but there was the time when I was 3 years old, and I got into my grandma's medicine cabinet.Oh boy. :slap:

I can't remember if they pumped my stomach or cut me open. I'd assume pump since I never recall having scars.

cental34 said:
I've been very fortunate to not require surgery for anything, but there was the time when I was 3 years old, and I got into my grandma's medicine cabinet.Oh boy. :slap:

I can't remember if they pumped my stomach or cut me open. I'd assume pump since I never recall having scars.
Wow, you brave child!

The surgeries I had was to fix the defected valves, because I had heart murmur when I was born. It was caused by rubella syndrome. I had the surgery a few months after I was born, I think. I don't know, it's fine since. It just fixes the rythms of the heart beats which is irregular to regular.

The other one was remove the cloudy bad lens from my left eye, that's it. Maybe in the future I will have new lens in and try to coordinate to have both eyes worth together, I will find out if it's worth it or not. :)

sequoias said:
The surgeries I had was to fix the defected valves, because I had heart murmur when I was born. It was caused by rubella syndrome. I had the surgery a few months after I was born, I think. I don't know, it's fine since. It just fixes the rythms of the heart beats which is irregular to regular.

The other one was remove the cloudy bad lens from my left eye, that's it. Maybe in the future I will have new lens in and try to coordinate to have both eyes worth together, I will find out if it's worth it or not. :)
Interesting!! So I'm curious, do you feel numb on your chest, due to the scar, if you have any?

Can you see well with your lens now?

Sorry if I asked silly questions. I am pretty fantasized with surgeries and operations. I don't know why, maybe it's because my mother's an operative nurse. :dunno:

Well, I had minor surgeries. When I was 16, I kept begging the doctor to remove my huge, ugly, hair mole underneath my right arm then finally, the doctor removed it. 1 year later, I had a cyst inside my wrist of left arm. Oh God, it was painfully. My hand became swollen from removing a cyst, I cannot move my fingers to sign because it was hurt likes hell! >_<" After 2 weeks, I moved and moved my hand to bend a little bit... God, it was hard... It was like arthrisitis, you know? After 1 whole month, I finally moved my hand and wiggled my finger to use sign languages. I hated to use my another one hand to sign. lol Oh, the doctor said the cyst's size as a marble ball.

catlover_Amy81 said:
Well, I had minor surgeries. When I was 16, I kept begging the doctor to remove my huge, ugly, hair mole underneath my right arm then finally, the doctor removed it. 1 year later, I had a cyst inside my wrist of left arm. Oh God, it was painfully. My hand became swollen from removing a cyst, I cannot move my fingers to sign because it was hurt likes hell! >_<" After 2 weeks, I moved and moved my hand to bend a little bit... God, it was hard... It was like arthrisitis, you know? After 1 whole month, I finally moved my hand and wiggled my finger to use sign languages. I hated to use my another one hand to sign. lol Oh, the doctor said the cyst's size as a marble ball.
Oooooh, you poor thing. Glad that it's over and now you can use your hands again. :thumb:

lmao! I remember I showed my cyst for first time to my mother, she was liked, puzzled. lol I told her that I thought it's probably piece of bones inside of wrist grew into wrong place. I told her that it was really sore and she doesn't know what to do then she took me to ER. My brother, and everyone elses became disguisting when I show them my cyst, they went likes, EWW!!

i think i have 3 surgerys...

2 of them is hernia when i was 5 years old.. and again the other side when i was 7 years old..

the other surgery is Cochlear implant

No I don't feel any numb on my chest or back, it's actually surgery on my back, don't ask me how they did it thru ribs behind my back. I don't have new lens in my left eye, like I was saying I might get one in near future, I don't know. I can see fine with my right eye.

ChelEler said:
Interesting!! So I'm curious, do you feel numb on your chest, due to the scar, if you have any?

Can you see well with your lens now?

Sorry if I asked silly questions. I am pretty fantasized with surgeries and operations. I don't know why, maybe it's because my mother's an operative nurse. :dunno:

I never had surgery til this recent January. I had appendicitis. Happened on a Sunday morning, I wasn't feeling good.. felt weak.. I was suppose to go ATV riding with my fiance and his friend, so I told him to go on without me. He was worried but I thought it was just from a cold or something, told him to go!!! After he left, I got worse and I was home alone. I kept vomitting, getting very hot then very cold back and forth. I got on the computer and told my neighbor to please come over here now.. I got up to go sit on the couch, I felt I was going to faint.. My friend came in a second and was like OH SH*T! She said "you look like a ghost" She called 911, the volunteer firefighters came in like 2 minutes which surprised me.. So the EMT was working with me trying to figure out whether I needed to go the hospital. The EMT said it was a flu. The EMT decided to go ahead and transport me to the hospital.. oh it was soo embarrassing... the rooms were alllll full.. and they put me in a wheelchair and left me in the lobby with full of people waiting and i was sitting there vomitting and wetting my pants :o .. I kept telling the nurse to put me in a room where nobody can see me.. they said it was full.. grr.. about 10 minutes later.. the nurse finally put me in a room.. I fainted and was OUT OF IT.. The nurse gave me shots for vomit and a bucket.. I was still throwing up.. the nurse was puzzled.. she said " i already gave you a shot and you're still vomitting???" So she gave me another one (a stronger dose).. still vomitting! ... the nurse went to get the dr and the dr came in and said.. take her to the MRI now! so they took me in, boy, that was some experience I had in there. My interpreter was with me.. telling me what the nurse will do .. the nurse said he's going to give me saltine and I was going to feel a little burning in my blood stream.. so I said okay.. he put it in.. geez.. that saltine was hot! I can feel it all over my body and I actually thought I had wet myself. then I went back to my room.. waited and waited.. The nurse came in and said I have to go to the O.R. now , my appendix had ruptured. I freaked out, I didn't even call my family. My fiance showed up and was freaking out too. Had the surgery and came out well.. but didn't realize that they had put a tube down in my throat, I couldn't talk at all.. Boy, that morphine sure did feel good for 2 days.. I came home in a lot of pain.. couldn't walk.. had to crawl on the floor to get on and off the couch for 2 weeks... but I'm all better now!!!
Oh and.. I was in the e.r. for 12 hours before I had the surgery.. that sounded like fun! :evil:
so just one surgery for me so far!

Dang...

I was 22 or 23 yr old, I been suffered pain for one year, which they thought it was ucler or gal bladder stones, and gone more tests, 2nd was gal bladder stones, and 3rd, gal bladder stones. so finally remove my stones, (laser surgery) barely see the scars. (one year, i can't eat any fats foods like milk, butter, mayo) that's terrible.

Had c-sectioned (baby's head won't turn)

I got spinal fusion, meaning getting my back spine straighten out with rod. It is VERY long surgery, with long recovery period. 2 weeks, I think, can't recall how many days I got stuck in hospital. Nope, it was not accident related, and it is pretty much elective surgery.
That is one and the only surgery I have. I don't mind going though if needed to do surgery with anything. Golly, can't feel NOTHING at all!

I sure miss that dope that wipes out my pain! LOL

I have operation on my stomach due blocked interent(sp) when I was 11. I had scars on my stomach along. No other sugeries since that year.

:dunno: Still count... my 4 widsom removed surgery.. which it's struggle removed 3rd widsom.. (hmmmm) I woke up and cries feel pain my bones... sort of Day Surgery.. alikely 1 hour surgery to me..

*counting on fingers, running out of fingers, taking shoes and socks to continue counting on toes*

Surgery on left ankle to repair torn ligaments
Arthoscopy on right knee twice.
Minor surgery to insert and then take out shunt for chemo
4 Wisdom teeth removed in hospital
Surgery to drain fluid from rt knee
Appendix removed.

Just call me Ms. Freakinstein.

Just tonsilectomy, various oral surgeries, and laser eye surgery.

Oh I did not realize the wisdom teeth surgery... it is been shorter than my stomach surgery. hehe.

yep, i have 4 wisdom teeth out.

oh the way, u know appendix is out SAME TIME with my blocked surgery so I am not worry about them. :)

:thumb: I had my tonsils removed at the age of 23. I had suffered every year around Thanksgiving time with a throat infection. Then in 1974, my yearly throat infection returned, but, this time, the tonsils were so inflamed and swollen, I couldn't eat or drink anything, the tonsils were so close together, because they were so big.

I also had 3 impacted wisdom teeth surgically removed.

I had 2 caesaran sections done, because my first daughter right before she was due to come, had suddenly turned. Her feet her down, and her head up. When I was pregnant with my second daughter, I decided to stay with a c section again.

Right after my second daughter was born, I had a big knot type of swelling in my naval area. Whenever I ate spaghetti and tomato sauce, this thing would swell up so bad and hurt like crazy. So, I went to my doctor to have this checked out and it was a hernia that perforated the lining of my stomach, so the doctor did a repair surgery. Pushed the hernia back, and stapled the hole in the lining, the staples are still there, but I don't feel them. Boy, did I feel so much better after that surgery.

Man, all your posts are very interesting! Thank you for sharing your experiences with me and other viewers.

DieHardBiker65, what kind of spinal fusion did you get? Lumbar or cervical? Anterior or posterior? My hubby got the lumbar and posterior fusion. Did you get internal or external incisions? Threads, staples, or sticky tapes?

Back