Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

I would think that with someone in his position they'd want to do an autopsy to at least rule out some type of poisoning/drugs.

Unless they got something to hide, which is why people are wondering cause of the speed of embalming and burial. I am unsure of status tho so I could be mistaken since I only read few short articles quickly.

I would think that with someone in his position they'd want to do an autopsy to at least rule out some type of poisoning/drugs.

Then this is would be the same about Sander , as he would be the first Jewish president and being Jewish I should vote for him . This doesn't mean I am voting Sander .

It is impossible to vote for someone with the last name of Sander. Bernie Sanders is running.

It is impossible to vote for someone with the last name of Sander. Bernie Sanders is running.

Ever hear of write-in votes?

I think 99.9999999% of us knew who she was talking about. Have you never made typos in your posts? :roll:

Why wouldn't they do an autopsy?

heart attack you say?

That is very interesting .... http://www.military.com/video/guns/pistols/cias-secret-heart-attack-gun/2555371072001
His family (Catholic faith) were the ones who requested no autopsy. A little surprised there wasn't one as he died alone in the cabin(or whatever domicile it was) and he is a political figure aka Supreme Court justice. The first responders said there was no foul play indications and whoever 'validated' (by phone even) did say that "his heart stopped". It might not have been a heart attack. He had multiple health issues too.

Why wouldn't they do an autopsy?

heart attack you say?

That is very interesting .... http://www.military.com/video/guns/pistols/cias-secret-heart-attack-gun/2555371072001
Interesting but old.

Since the red dot could be seen without an autopsy, and an autopsy wouldn't be able to detect the poison, it wouldn't make sense to avoid one.

Sometimes a natural heart attack is -- a natural heart attack! Older, overweight people do sometimes have heart attacks. Shock! :shock:

I'm not doubting he died of natural causes, just surprised they didn't do an autopsy to rule out foul play that can't be detected by just looking at the body.

Maybe his family didn't want to chance seeing their loved one's autopsy pictures on the web someday. Maybe they didn't want the delay an autopsy would entail. Maybe they don't see any need for an autopsy.

I would think that someone in his position would be given an autopsy. But since local law enforcement said there was no foul play, it means that may have been the initial assumption and it was investigated thoroughly.

As an afterthought, the "heart attack" gun that was disclosed at a Hearing in 1975 was interesting. It just makes me wonder what is being used now.

Ever hear of write-in votes?

I think 99.9999999% of us knew who she was talking about. Have you never made typos in your posts? :roll:

You seem to have objections to most things I write anymore!

As for the suggestion for a write-in vote that is difficult to get counted in Illinois.

"You may cast a write-in vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot. Write the name of your candidate on the blank line provided directly at the end of the list of candidates for that office. Complete the arrow or fill in the oval next to the name of your write-in candidate. A write-in vote will not be counted for any candidate who has failed to file an Intent to be a Write-in Candidate as prescribed by law"

The above paragraph came from this State of Illinois site.
http://www.elections.il.gov/votinginformation/voteoptic.aspx

Then this is would be the same about Sander , as he would be the first Jewish president and being Jewish I should vote for him . This doesn't mean I am voting Sander .

Well, he is pro 2nd Amendment. If my choices were Sanders or Clinton, I would vote for Sanders. But that is if they were my only options. There is just too much corruption in government politics right now and I feel a vote for Clinton would be a contribution to it.

There are many corrupted politicians, even liars and scandal so I lost all counts.

I thanked to Scalia for protect the video game developers and struck the video game control law down that passed by California, also some states are attempting to pass video game control laws to censor the video game.

I hopefully states are respecting court's ruling after death of Scalia because of court balance shift, even you can say same about DC case (2nd Amendment).

Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association is 7-2 majority in US Supreme Court so only Thomas and Breyer believe that states can pass video game control laws.

but... there is some ruling that I don't agree with Scalia is gay marriage and Citizens United.

I agreed with Kennedy's statement on same sex marriage. ;)

Also, he sides with pro-gun rights.

President Obama won't attend Scalia's funeral Saturday. I don't know why.

VP Biden will attend.

In most states they will abide by the persons wishes if they had a will, which I'm pretty sure he had or they will abide by a families wishes and perhaps Judge Scalia or his family didn't want an autopsy. Since he was also under a doctors care and had known health problems and his death met with the guidelines of someone with his health conditions than they probably would rule out doing an autopsy. If they had reason to believe that someone was trying to kill him than that would be a different matter.

Back