Stop Smoking Programs

Oh my ... it was few more posts from you since I last post here. I'm very slowpoke. haha.

Oh one more thing I did saw a bottle of pills ( forgot what the name of it )to help quit smoking at CVS which it is drug store but not sure if the pills really works.. haven't brought it yet, wasn't sure if those pills were safe either...When I go back to CVS, will write down the name of it and check with my doctor first to see if they really work or not..

I agree with you. I saw those pills all stores overcounters but I can't trust for fear for health reason. I don't know anyone who has taken those pills anyway.

Hey if u decide to join the program, can u tell us of your progress and how it works step by step? That way I can tell my husband about it. Thanks!

Ofc ... I will let you know when I receive the mail from my doctor to see what's it alike. I will post here. Okay.

12 steps program? Hmmmm...

• 1--Buy a pack
    2--Open it
    3--Take one out
    4--Light it up
    5--Take 'one' puff
    6--Exhale it quickly
    7--Place lighted cigarette in ashtry
    8--Watch the smoke rise and disappear
    9--While 'watching', think of all the 'bad' things associated with 'it'
    10-Put it out
    11-Take pack, crush it, rip it, smash it...when done, throw it in the trash
    12-Now, smile, you've completed the 12-step program...a new sense of 'life' is renewed--be happy!!

:D

~RR

Yes and long time ago I know several people has tried the Nicotine gums and it didn't work for all of them. Most of them said it takes terrible as well.

My husband tried the Nicotine gum...didnt work. He refuses to try the patch and the program. I think deep inside, he is not ready to give up smoking. Besides when he tried to quit 2 years ago, he became a total asshole and snapped at everyone just like that. So, he doesnt smoke when he is around me and it has helped to reduce the number of cigaretts to about 2 a day. Before, he was smoking a pack and half. YUCK!!!!

Very Funny

• 1--Buy a pack
    2--Open it
    3--Take one out
    4--Light it up
    5--Take 'one' puff
    6--Exhale it quickly
    10-Put it out
    12-Now, smile, you've completed the 12-step program...a new sense of 'life' is renewed--be happy!!

~RR

• 1--Buy a pack
    2--Open it
    3--Take one out
    4--Light it up
    5--Take 'one' puff
    6--Exhale it quickly
    10-Put it out

~RR

*laughing hard*.....Oh my that was soo funni !!!! Good one dear

• 1--Buy a pack
    2--Open it
    3--Take one out
    4--Light it up
    5--Take 'one' puff
    6--Exhale it quickly
    10-Put it out

~RR

Good one! If only it was that easy! :)

My husband tried the Nicotine gum...didnt work. He refuses to try the patch and the program. I think deep inside, he is not ready to give up smoking. Besides when he tried to quit 2 years ago, he became a total asshole and snapped at everyone just like that. So, he doesnt smoke when he is around me and it has helped to reduce the number of cigaretts to about 2 a day. Before, he was smoking a pack and half. YUCK!!!!

Nicotine gum was the worst!! it didn't even help me at all not even one bit, you have no clue how many I brought and chewed, it just made me wanna to smoke even more, after that I never brought them again....Nicotine gum were the worse than those patches... :-/

Btw I can understand where your hubby coming from as I tried to quit for two weeks, I became moody to the point of wanted a cig so badly....grrrr sometimes I really wish I NEVER smoke in the first place, then I wouldn't be where I am today...

I do know how you feel girl, and I do hope your husband quit someday and I need to too....

I agree with you. I saw those pills all stores overcounters but I can't trust for fear for health reason. I don't know anyone who has taken those pills anyway.

Really? I didn't know they sell them at ALL stores, wow, same here I don't trust some pills over the counters either, just like I don't trust some diet pills...

My husband have hard time quit smoking also. He said patch, etc are not working for him. he said quit is very tough. Sigh

i heard the patch can affect the rash with sensentive skin.. it's not alway work for everybody but it's alway depend with people's lungs/skins accpet it or not.

speaking of habits... i know it's been tough to get those quit.. I had a friend who smoke for over 30 years and she just become a cold turkey and feel great. she had admit this is VERY tough part to quit cuz you could see people are still smoking front of her, cigs at the store.. but she still strong tho.

Wow she has a good will!!! I wish I can be like her. Heard the best thing to do is to quit cold turkey rather then cut down and down.

i heard the patch can affect the rash with sensentive skin.. it's not alway work for everybody but it's alway depend with people's lungs/skins accpet it or not.

speaking of habits... i know it's been tough to get those quit.. I had a friend who smoke for over 30 years and she just become a cold turkey and feel great. she had admit this is VERY tough part to quit cuz you could see people are still smoking front of her, cigs at the store.. but she still strong tho.

I used to smoking for good 3 years until my friends tired to see smokin since they are non smoking and they grab all my packs and dump into toliet and flashes it.. after that happ i quit for good and i tend use gum with any flavor to help me to prevent go back smoking again. i been quit for 2 years.

im been smoking for 6 years since 1999 till 2006 but im quit dues of my lung surgery in 1993 but if i will get smoking again or not because my mom beg at me for quit smoking but its my decide

Recently, my father came to visit me and surprised me, saying that he was quitting smoking. He went to his doctor, and his doctor gave him some prescription pills to help him stop smoking. I forgot what it was called, but you take a pill once a day. He stopped smoking, and said that the pill helps to reduce his craving for smoking and I guess blocks some neurotransmitter signals in his brain for craving. He learned about it from his friends at his work, and all of them quit smoking too. You have to be on the pills for like 3 months, then afterwards you will have no desire to smoke, even if you are around people who smoke.

Oh really ... Was he "really" addicted to smoke before? How many packs did your father smoke before quit. How many days of taking pills till he finally quit for good? Is there any side effect? Please let me know all detail when you get the chance to ask you father again. Also get the name of prescription as well too. Yea I know I asked too many questions. Thank you for post here on my thread about your father's experience. I appreciated.

Recently, my father came to visit me and surprised me, saying that he was quitting smoking. He went to his doctor, and his doctor gave him some prescription pills to help him stop smoking. I forgot what it was called, but you take a pill once a day. He stopped smoking, and said that the pill helps to reduce his craving for smoking and I guess blocks some neurotransmitter signals in his brain for craving. He learned about it from his friends at his work, and all of them quit smoking too. You have to be on the pills for like 3 months, then afterwards you will have no desire to smoke, even if you are around people who smoke.

I used to smoke.. Finally quit.. How? Took a Commit, been used for like 1 1/2 months.. After that, I'm clean.. It felt great! Gives me more BREATHE and SMELL way better! :D My Dad took Commit same thing, it worked for him.. Even my other friends already took Commit, it worked too.. Amazed, huh? Been cleaned since June 2003. :dance2:

Thanks to the Commit!

Please do visit whyquit.com

I also joined in the Quitnet.com and I have been a "member." I have quit cold turkey for over one year and one month after many years of smoking I still visit the website for support and chat, too.
They even have sub support groups; we could form a deaf support group there.
Please email me if you are interested to talk to me about this or quitting to smoke. I do understand it is very hard and I do want to help.

Please do visit whyquit.com

I also joined in the Quitnet.com and I have been a "member." I have quit cold turkey for over one year and one month after many years of smoking I still visit the website for support and chat, too.
They even have sub support groups; we could form a deaf support group there.
Please email me if you are interested to talk to me about this or quitting to smoke. I do understand it is very hard and I do want to help.

My husband just informed me a few days ago that he is going to quit smoking. I will inform him of this website. I dont want him on my ass when he is cranky due to withdrawals like 2 years ago. LOL!

I been not smoke over two months from now. I use chantix pill. It is working good to quit smoke. At first of month start funny taste foods and drinks till use it. I could feel better breath the air.

Here link for quit smoke from chantix that I use take pill.
Chantix

PS I try patch but didn't working good. stinks. My friend try gum but he said no good and won't help quit smoke.

I been not smoke over two months from now. I use chantix pill. It is working good to quit smoke. At first of month start funny taste foods and drinks till use it. I could feel better breath the air.

Here link for quit smoke from chantix that I use take pill.
Chantix

PS I try patch but didn't working good. stinks. My friend try gum but he said no good and won't help quit smoke.

Ok will inform my hubby. He said he hasnt had a drag so far today. *Plllllssss dont snap at me today*:giggle:

Back