Stop Smoking Programs

Sunshine1

Reaction score
I'm wondering did anyone or know anyone have experienced with Stop Smoking Programs? If so, how many packs a day/wk have you or anyone had before join this program. With this program, what was it like? Have you or anyone had successful after the prgram? How many weeks for this program take? Did or does Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance cover? Any details would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

I tried to put my husband on it..he refused. Maybe I should pass an anti-smoking law for my household. LOL!

No needs to reply here if you don't smoke, never had smoke in the past or don't know about this program. I'm sure most percentage have never smoked here but I don't want to see their replies if that won't help. Thank you.

Well I don't smoke, so no.

I don't smoke :) .. As I know I see ppl who want to quit which is hard to quit my uncle and his wife been trying to quit but doesnt work so still smoke. Right now I dont know if my uncle and his wife still smoke or not. My mom too as I tried to tell her to quit she refused so I cant do anything from my mom but I love my mom as well what she raised me since I was born. :)

I've tried the smoking patches a couple of years ago, but they don't work for me....that's the only program I've tried, do you know any other programs? Maybe I'll be interesting since I do want to quit....

I'm sure as with this program, it works for some and doesn't work for others--although, the effort and committment is the 'key' to making it work--wouldn't you think so? If and when I will quit, (yes--*coughs*, I do unfortunately), I prefer to not rely on patches, programs, etc., I much rather do it by the desire to do so, the 'will' to do so. I'm not against these other remedies and ways of helping or encouraging others to quit--also, I'm not sure if some of these programs like you stated above is covered by insurance, although, it would be wonderful and make a whole lot of sense if it was indeed covered by insurance. ;)

By the way, speaking of 'quitting'...it may very well be one of my New Year's resolution...and, I really 'want to' as well. Bearing that in mind, it's nice and encouraging when others (friends, family) show support, give rapport during the time of actually giving it up. I know I'll need that--like I would do so for others when they're ready and could use the help/support, rapport as well. :)

~RR

I see you've tried patches and it didn't work for you. I will let you know when I receive an air mail from my doctor about stop smoking program that I've asked for it. Yea, once a bad habit, not easy to quit.

I've tried the smoking patches a couple of years ago, but they don't work for me....that's the only program I've tried, do you know any other programs? Maybe I'll be interesting since I do want to quit....

Oh oh New Year's Revolution coming up? haha Oh my, I didn't think of it and it might be too early for me. Oh well.

I'm sure as with this program, it works for some and doesn't work for others--although, the effort and committment is the 'key' to making it work--wouldn't you think so? If and when I will quit, (yes--*coughs*, I do unfortunately), I prefer to not rely on patches, programs, etc., I much rather do it by the desire to do so, the 'will' to do so. I'm not against these other remedies and ways of helping or encouraging others to quit--also, I'm not sure if some of these programs like you stated above is covered by insurance, although, it would be wonderful and make a whole lot of sense if it was indeed covered by insurance. ;)

By the way, speaking of 'quitting'...it may very well be one of my New Year's resolution...and, I really 'want to' as well. Bearing that in mind, it's nice and encouraging when others (friends, family) show support, give rapport during the time of actually giving it up. I know I'll need that--like I would do so for others when they're ready and could use the help/support, rapport as well. :)

~RR

Oh oh New Year's Revolution coming up? haha Oh my, I didn't think of it and it might be too early for me. Oh well.

It's never to early to do so--but the important thing is having such a desire to 'want to'...and hopefully and eventually, being able to overcome a habit that's indeed a hard one to break and quit. By setting a 'goal'...and a date in mind, having a New Year's resolution is one way of getting started. ;)

As for you, wishes you the best and success to overcome it too! :)

~RR

Oh one more thing I did saw a bottle of pills ( forgot what the name of it )to help quit smoking at CVS which it is drug store but not sure if the pills really works.. haven't brought it yet, wasn't sure if those pills were safe either...When I go back to CVS, will write down the name of it and check with my doctor first to see if they really work or not..

My husband tried the Nicotine gum...didnt work. He refuses to try the patch and the program. I think deep inside, he is not ready to give up smoking. Besides when he tried to quit 2 years ago, he became a total asshole and snapped at everyone just like that. So, he doesnt smoke when he is around me and it has helped to reduce the number of cigaretts to about 2 a day. Before, he was smoking a pack and half. YUCK!!!!

Oh yes I don't denied about it's never too early to make New Year Revolutions ... I'm living by myself with furbabies and no one to support. Not that easy. I've vowed myself it will happened during the year 2007 as long I keep exercises after i've moved out of here!!! You're right, it's up to people who want to quit, must have a will to do so. I'm planning to do so myself.

I've heard just once long time ago that stop smoking programs is like a 12-step program similiar to AA 12-step. Not sure if that's true and that's why a couple days ago I asked doctor about it. He will mail me information about this program so I'm waiting.

It's never to early to do so--but the important thing is having such a desire to 'want to'...and hopefully and eventually, being able to overcome a habit that's indeed a hard one to break and quit. By setting a 'goal'...and a date in mind, having a New Year's resolution is one way of getting started. ;)

As for you, wishes you the best and success to overcome it too! :)

~RR

Oh yes I don't denied about it's never too early to make New Year Revolutions ... I'm living by myself with furbabies and no one to support. Not that easy. I've vowed myself it will happened during the year 2007 as long I keep exercises after i've moved out of here!!! You're right, it's up to people who want to quit, must have a will to do so. I'm planning to do so myself.

I've heard just once long time ago that stop smoking programs is like a 12-step program similiar to AA 12-step. Not sure if that's true and that's why a couple days ago I asked doctor about it. He will mail me information about this program so I'm waiting.

Hey if u decide to join the program, can u tell us of your progress and how it works step by step? That way I can tell my husband about it. Thanks!

My husband tried the Nicotine gum...didnt work. He refuses to try the patch and the program. I think deep inside, he is not ready to give up smoking. Besides when he tried to quit 2 years ago, he became a total asshole and snapped at everyone just like that. So, he doesnt smoke when he is around me and it has helped to reduce the number of cigaretts to about 2 a day. Before, he was smoking a pack and half. YUCK!!!!

Not sure whether you meant he was snapping at everyone 'during' the time of actually quitting OR after he had quit--usually the first 3 days are the hardest when giving it up. As for your husband now down to 2 a day and not smoking around you...that's great and hopefully you have been encouraging him as well as giving him compliments... a gentle, caring approach works wonders than an approach filled with criticism in most situations. ;)

~RR

Not sure whether you meant he was snapping at everyone 'during' the time of actually quitting OR after he had quit--usually the first 3 days are the hardest when giving it up. As for your husband now down to 2 a day and not smoking around you...that's great and hopefully you have been encouraging him as well as giving him compliments... a gentle, caring approach works wonders than an approach filled with criticism in most situations. ;)

~RR

That was the month after he quit cold turkey. It was just too much for both of us so he started again. I prefer he smokes less and not around me than having a person who is a time bomb waiting to happen! LOL! He smokes Cloves around me whenever the urge becomes unbearable but that is usually on the weekends. I dont mind the smell of Cloves. :)

He did smoke Cloves at Dave and Buster's and they kicked us out for smoking it in there and the no smoking ban hasnt been enforced at the time. They said that the smell of cloves bothers the patrons and I was like "well, regular cigarette smoke bothers me" so they kicked us out. Go figure!

His smoking is not an issue with us anymore. I am just happy we found a compromise.

Back