Stoned!?

ckfarbes said:
I wish that i could be STONED but i got a job, toobad for me.. my position job keep me so busy and stay out of trouble and being lazy ard on ssi everyday and night.. geez.. get your @$$ to work without ssi and clean your stoned out of your life!

I totally agree! From my perspective, here in utah, I have lots of friends who smoke pot. They smoke pot, They're unhappy, they're depressed, they're ALWAYS fighting over drugs, they're just to damn lazy! They don't relize this but they are also stupid. I always asked them to go out and do something rather than staying home, doing absolutly NOTHING but smoke pot.. Every weekend, Everyday, everynight. I finally got fed up with them and decided to leave. My life without them was MUCH better. No more fighting, no more lazieness, no more depression, etc.

While I was with them, I have to admit I did smoke pot. I only smoked pot because I was the only one in the house who DIDN'T. So much peer pressure, I decided to finally try it. I liked it, but the next day I hated it. Made me too lazy to do the things that I wanted to do. NOW I know why it's illegal.

deafdyke said:
Why not? B/c it screws up your opinon that oral only is the best thing in the world?

No, because it seems to lack any substancial evidence that it might even be true.

Fly Free said:
okey dokey gotcha MizzDeaf -- yes there is a big argument abt legalizing weed in some states particularly CA and last i knew CA allows it for only medicinal purposes if have all the right papers and shit

It's true about California legalising pot usage for those people who are strickened with cancer and in pain. My father was one of them...my mom got a license permitting her to purchase pot for dad during his last few months of life. (He had colon cancer) It did help alleivate the pain and helped him eat a bit, but the eating part didn't really help that much cos he never could keep anything down due to the cancer invading his stomache and blocking it. :(

http://www.mncddeaf.org/articles/problem_ad.htm

Jake, It's quite well known that there are VERY high rates of drug and alchohol addiction in the hard of hearing population. I can't find the direct links right now but I know I have repeatly seen mentions of the fact from organizations like SHH and the like.
Some of the high rates can be explained by the fact that most people with hearing issues aquire their losses(so they are trying to deal with sensory deprevation) but in young people (especially young people who were born with their loss or aquirred it prelingallly) the reasons might be due to the reasons I posted. Believe me, I know a LOT about what parents go through in accepting their children's disabilties....my parents went through the same things! Virtually ALL hearing/ able bodied parents greive about the fact that their kid has a disabilty and buy into the myth that if you ignore the child and pretend that everything's OK then the child's not disabled. Believe me, I know all too well what many hoh/ deaf kids of hearing parents go through. My parents went through all that too! As a matter of fact, it took me YEARS to come to terms with the fact that I'm disabled, and it's OK.
Before I realized that there's nothing wrong with being disabled, I was so pyscologically messed up. Many many many other deaf/hoh people go through this too!

lucidjen said:
Hey .. No need to shame on us. I know we like to get high, some dont. Its what we are and its what we like. That's fine if you think that way, we respect that but you don't need to tell us that way, its rude and stupid. I'm not braggin about being stoned...no one is. Its not a way to show that we are cool or what Deaf are about. ITs about us, who we are .. not for urself.
Yes, I agree with her.

Pretty Woman said:
I totally agree! From my perspective, here in utah, I have lots of friends who smoke pot. They smoke pot, They're unhappy, they're depressed, they're ALWAYS fighting over drugs, they're just to damn lazy! They don't relize this but they are also stupid. I always asked them to go out and do something rather than staying home, doing absolutly NOTHING but smoke pot.. Every weekend, Everyday, everynight. I finally got fed up with them and decided to leave. My life without them was MUCH better. No more fighting, no more lazieness, no more depression, etc.

While I was with them, I have to admit I did smoke pot. I only smoked pot because I was the only one in the house who DIDN'T. So much peer pressure, I decided to finally try it. I liked it, but the next day I hated it. Made me too lazy to do the things that I wanted to do. NOW I know why it's illegal.

I deffy know who you're talking about. ;) Drugs aren't good when there are kids around!

Lets see...

I smoke some weeds every now and then... i KNOW my limit to it. Common sense is a real issue here..I know how to use my common sense when it comes to marijuana.

I have a job but i do not smoke any during my shift cos i know that would get me fired. I do it AFTER my shift is over.

When it comes to buying those stuff..well i put my money to a good use first...weeds comes in LAST. not like i GOTTA have it every nigt or so.

I used to smoke so much and stopped for about a year then started up using it as a relaxation and being mellow and not being so damned stoned.

Now, who ever made this thread on asking "are you stoned" I'm not gonna answer that thats not anybody's busniess and in my humble opinion that thread is not really needed.

The reason for this post is to let you all know where i stand and what i do about it. I don't go online bragging yayy i'm stoned. thats so childish thing really. So I'm not all for bragging that i am high or not.

If I have to and if i HAD to...I would stop completely. for sure.

DD,

I agree, there IS a high rate of substance abusers in the deaf community, but really not much more than society as a whole.

I'll also add that the SSI/welfare dependency is not helping many deaf people in this regard. But substancially higher than society as a whole? I don't think so.

Jake, you cannot compare the two. The deaf community is quite small, sort of like the GLB community. Virtually ALL minorities (in American culture) have high rates of substance abuse....Native Americans, blacks, GLB, and so on.

Back