Stoned!?

Willy

Reaction score
anyone like to be stoned????

i do...

Deafies bragging about being stoned.. It's tastless and gives hearing people a very wrong idea what being Deaf is all about. Shame on you!

Deaf258 said:
Deafies bragging about being stoned.. It's tastless and gives hearing people a very wrong idea what being Deaf is all about. Shame on you!

Deaf258 -- yes i agree there is a high percentage of Deafies in the community who has a problem with alcohol/substance abuse -- ive been clean for over 11 years and counting and YES im staying on the wagon

uh huh

Deaf258 said:

Hey .. No need to shame on us. I know we like to get high, some dont. Its what we are and its what we like. That's fine if you think that way, we respect that but you don't need to tell us that way, its rude and stupid. I'm not braggin about being stoned...no one is. Its not a way to show that we are cool or what Deaf are about. ITs about us, who we are .. not for urself.

I know alot of Deafies that DON'T smoke, and I know alot of hearies that DO smoke. Is there really a higher percentage of Deafies that smoke compared to hearies??? I really don't know. I don't want to say more and put down any of my friends for doing something I don't really like. Well, I can see occasionally, but not everyday like I know some people do.

prostock19 said:
I know alot of Deafies that DON'T smoke, and I know alot of hearies that DO smoke. Is there really a higher percentage of Deafies that smoke compared to hearies??? I really don't know. I don't want to say more and put down any of my friends for doing something I don't really like. Well, I can see occasionally, but not everyday like I know some people do.

I know a LOT of deafies who smoke, and a LOT of deafies who don't.

Forget it, this is a waste of my time. Arguing with Deafies who uses drugs is like arguing with dead fishies baking on the hot asphalt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deaf258 said:
Hey, gurl.. I am born and raised in Arizona. I know there are 2 kinds of Az chicks, the dumb one and the smart one. Which one are you?

If someone did a survey, the percentage of those who use drugs compared to Deaf and Hearing people, Deafies will win the count!

Deaf258 -- if i may remind u -- the Deaf community is MUCH smaller than the hearie community -- so i dont know if that would be a valid statistical rate even tho granted yes from my own observations and etc the Deafies has a high rate of alcohol/substance abuse history

Fly Free said:
Deaf258 -- if i may remind u -- the Deaf community is MUCH smaller than the hearie community -- so i dont know if that would be a valid statistical rate even tho granted yes from my own observations and etc the Deafies has a high rate of alcohol/substance abuse history

I said the "percentage". Of course there is more hearing people, but how many of them are using? And how many Deafies are using? You have to do the math and get the percentage, NOT the number.

I am saying the percentage of the Deafies and the Hearies using, Deafies would be higher.

Please keep in mind not to get offended by what I said, I am basing this on my observations with my Deaf and Hearing friends.

Deaf258 said:
I said the "percentage". Of course there is more hearing people, but how many of them are using? And how many Deafies are using? You have to do the math and get the percentage, NOT the number.

I am saying the percentage of the Deafies and the Hearies using, Deafies would be higher.

i suck at math so im not going to bother doing the math LOL -- i agree with u Deaf258 on the observations and i do not feel offended with ur comments

I have seen some of my friends do those things.. i had been aruging with them that it's bad for them.. but now i just let them off they go.
Some of them i'm noticing they starting doing more worse.. they say "Cuz Pot isn't making me High enough, this makes me more High"

yet.. potheads can lead to other drugs. anyway

I'm Clean :) for 1 year

Yes. I smoke marijuana. Used to be a pothead, since then, I've settled back, and don't use it as frequently. Went from smoking, give or take, 1.5 ounces a day, to probably an 1/8th (3.5 grams, or say. . . 2-3 joints), a week.

However, I'm going to disagree with many of you, and agree with some when I say that a greater percentage of hearing people use marijuana, than that of deaf people.
This observation is based on the following --
Indiana School for the Deaf -- at my time there, couldn't have had more than say. . . 20% of them use marijuana, no matter how rarely.
Gallaudet University -- Okay, so more people there partied hard, but it still wasn't even over 1/2 the student population, not even close to it actually.
These forums -- So very few approve, 'nuff said.

And then there's the fact that I grew up in the "hearing world", and I live there now. I hang out with people from 4 local high schools, and 1 local college, on a daily basis, I party with them, I meet someone new every day. Yet these people, a large majority of them smoke marijuana, I'd say an EASY 80%. No, its not just the people I hang out with, its like that everywhere here. Maybe its just the "small-town-nothing-else-to-do" thing, I dunno, but around here, EVERYONE gets high, multiple times a day, if not daily.

Now I'm going to argue about the old "marijuana leads to other 'hard' drugs" argument. When it fact, it does not. I've been smoking marijuana since I was in 6th grade, I'm generally a year or so younger than everyone else in my class, so I'm guessing I was what. . .11 or 12? Yet, not once have I ever felt I needed to try something "harder". This is 7-8 years of smoking pot, on a regular basis. Yes, I've tried other drugs, that I proably would have tried even if I didn't smoke weed. I'm very open-minded, I'll try anything once.

Scuba, if your friends aren't getting "high enough", then they need to get some primo weed, tell them to stop buying schwag, or mexican brick weed even. Tell them to get some good, dank bud, my suggestion? Kali Mist, White Russian, Durban Poison, and a few others. I've seen BIG potheads pass out after just a hit or two on all of these. This is the "knock-you-on-your-ass-shit" if you get my meaning, that's if you're getting the right stuff anyway.

Any good bud will get you high, I'm saying this from experience.

Back