Star Trek fans? Anyone?

Yeah I know...

Thank you. Odo is a simple name that i simply forget.

Yep!

The guys liked Jeri's bod... lol! I didn't like her and Janeway butting heads all the time.

Oh, you should see the rest of DS9. :)

There's a new article I found online for movie launch Down Under! :)

Yes, I am very excited about the new movie, too! :) JJ Abrams has been a very successful director; I'm glad they brought him on board.

The actor in the new movie is the son of the actor fromt he '70's cops show CHIPS. Anyone remember Robert Pine? His son is playing James T. Kirk in the movie, and Eric Bana is playing a (sexy) Romulan! ;)

Did you read Star Trek: Countdown? I did read them. Hmm-mm.

The guys liked Jeri's bod... lol! I didn't like her and Janeway butting heads all the time.

Oh, you should see the rest of DS9. :)

LOL! i dont blame you for not liking jeri or janeway. i kind of like them. :giggle:

I will need to rent DVD of DS9 soon. thanks for making the thread. :giggle:

is it a Trek novel?

Did you read Star Trek: Countdown? I did read them. Hmm-mm.

I'm not familiar with it; is that a book?? :) My Trek books were all the old CST ones and STTNG from the '90s'... I think I still have them somewhere... :lol:

I'm not familiar with it; is that a book?? :) My Trek books were all the old CST ones and STTNG from the '90s'... I think I still have them somewhere... :lol:

There are 4 volumes in the comic series of Star Trek: Countdown, it's a prequel to the movie. It goes into depth on what happened and how it led to the premise of the movie.

Ok

There are 4 volumes in the comic series of Star Trek: Countdown, it's a prequel to the movie. It goes into depth on what happened and how it led to the premise of the movie.

Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't picked up any graphic novels in awhile. My hubby sometimes buys them, though. I was bigger into getting them in the '90's. :)

Spock, my favorite character. The new Spock is played by Zachary Quinto.

Spock2.jpg

I'm a Trekkie! (Well, not a hardcore one though.) :)

I've already seen every single episode of all the television series (except the cartoon series) and all the movies.

I originally saw a few episodes of each. I also saw most of the movies when I was a kid. I simply enjoyed them cuz of... "Oh boy, spaceships! Yay!"

When I got older and saw the movies again, I began to understand what was really going on... but there were a lot of things I didn't understand. So, I decided to watch all the television series from the beginning. Took me almost years to do it. Whew!

Loved ST:TNG, liked to watch DS9 and the original series once in a while. Never really saw Voyager nor Enterprise. However, I haven't seen any of the shows for so long. Maybe I should rent the TV series starting with the original series.. hmmmmmm.....

Loved ST:TNG, liked to watch DS9 and the original series once in a while. Never really saw Voyager nor Enterprise. However, I haven't seen any of the shows for so long. Maybe I should rent the TV series starting with the original series.. hmmmmmm.....
That's a good idea!

That's what I did.

I will need to refresh my memory with the originial series too. in my time, there were no CC.

beat me up, scotty!

Spock was my favorite character in original series, I watched it it sometimes but I was about 10 and didn't always understand it. My dad watched it and so sometimes I watched to spend time with him.

Well, it's captioned now!

I think it's subtitled too. :)

yes it does now. Yay i did watch a few of the original serioes in an odd hour. But I need to be in order to watch the whole orginal series than back and forth with the dates. you know.

Star Trek very good to deaf/HOH with captioning

yes it does now. Yay i did watch a few of the original serioes in an odd hour. But I need to be in order to watch the whole orginal series than back and forth with the dates. you know.

Enterprise has English subtitle option for the DELETED scenes on the DVD sets! YAY! I miss words sometimes (my hearing is not as good as it used to be). Slurring words, mumbling, whispering, or lots of background noise makes it hard to hear for me.

Yeah, I also spent time with my dad watching the syndicated reruns on TV. I'm a child of the late '70's... :)

Me too

Spock was my favorite character in original series, I watched it it sometimes but I was about 10 and didn't always understand it. My dad watched it and so sometimes I watched to spend time with him.

He was very interesting!

Of the women, I also liked Yeoman Janice Rand and Uhura, and Number One, in original Trek pilot with Captain Pike.

I always found it funny that Nurse Chapel had a thing for Spock! :lol:

Janeway and Voyager crew

LOL! i dont blame you for not liking jeri or janeway. i kind of like them. :giggle:

I will need to rent DVD of DS9 soon. thanks for making the thread. :giggle:

The writers needed to make Janeway less like a mean school teacher from the 19th century! They called her "school marm" in reviews, and she came off that way.

I think the writers needed to work on their strong female characters. You can be a tough woman without being a b****. It seemed like she needed to take some Nice Pills or something... :shock:

I am not sure if they ever got to tone her down a little... I didn't like her hair in the bun. She looked too much like school marm with that hair do.

I will have to get it on DVD and try it again from beginning to end, and see if it got better... I did like Chakotay and Neelix and the doctor made me laugh.

I think B'Lanna was ok to be grumpy because she was part Klingon. :)

:eek3:THERE'S NO ESCAPE:shock:

THE TREKKIES REALLY ARE EVERYWHERE:cool2:

FLEE! FLEE! RUNAWAY !....
....BUT TO WHERE?..IS THERE A COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?....come to think of it ..is there a WORLD with a country that has'nt had a trekkie convention in it?:hmm:..and now they're here too:jaw:

Oh well ...back to bed for me:iough:

The writers needed to make Janeway less like a mean school teacher from the 19th century! They called her "school marm" in reviews, and she came off that way.

I think the writers needed to work on their strong female characters. You can be a tough woman without being a b****. It seemed like she needed to take some Nice Pills or something... :shock:

I am not sure if they ever got to tone her down a little... I didn't like her hair in the bun. She looked too much like school marm with that hair do.

I will have to get it on DVD and try it again from beginning to end, and see if it got better... I did like Chakotay and Neelix and the doctor made me laugh.

I think B'Lanna was ok to be grumpy because she was part Klingon. :)

LOL I never liked janeway's hairdo bun too. She did let her hair down and look nicer in couple of the shows. Oh I am not fond of chakotay. I know he was an native amercian but his character seems not right or fit for Voyager. maybe that is why he reminded me of EX's. :giggle: neelix and the doctor were so funny too. I totally forget about B'lanna and her husband Tom Paris and I did enjoy watching the couples being in relationship on voyager. lol

:eek3:THERE'S NO ESCAPE:shock:

THE TREKKIES REALLY ARE EVERYWHERE:cool2:

FLEE! FLEE! RUNAWAY !....
....BUT TO WHERE?..IS THERE A COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?....come to think of it ..is there a WORLD with a country that has'nt had a trekkie convention in it?:hmm:..and now they're here too:jaw:

Oh well ...back to bed for me:iough:

derekdg is proud of learning to use smileys! :P

Back