Stand-up airline seats unveiled

YEEEEEHAW!

I pay for tickets in these seats then bitch to high hell that it doesnt fit/hurts my back. I get first class :D

Too bad you can't do the same, Jiro.

No way. if you are cowboy or cowgirl, you can be comfortable to stand-up seat. no problem.

"Cowboy Legs" - it's because the horse saddle is wider than your pelvic bones... which is why you walk funny. This seat is not as wide as horse saddle so it will not make you feel like a cowboy but you'll have a little sore bottom :)

YEEEEEHAW!

I pay for tickets in these seats then bitch to high hell that it doesnt fit/hurts my back. I get first class :D

Too bad you can't do the same, Jiro.

I can bitch to high hell that it is too big/tall for me and I will slip out. SAFETY HAZARD! :D

Hrmm....those stand-up seats might be ideal for cash-strapped poor college students like me who wants to fly to somewhere else cheap for breaks. I think I"ll do it as long it's from Boston to Washington DC or even far as West Palm Beach, FL. Maybe far as Los Angeles...but definitely not for international travel (12 hour torture flight from Boston to Beijing)

For the past year, I've been searching the internet hard to find the cheapest tickets possible for a trip to somewhere during the breaks....after all, that hard-earned money are for food and travel, and not all of us are with salary yet, unlike nearly all of the posters on this site (maybe?).

after all, that hard-earned money are for food and travel, and not all of us are with salary yet, unlike nearly all of the posters on this site (maybe?).

no. some of us are salary men/women. but majority of us do look for cheap airfare.

I don't think FAA would allow standing seat for long flight. no way.

"Cowboy Legs" - it's because the horse saddle is wider than your pelvic bones... which is why you walk funny. This seat is not as wide as horse saddle so it will not make you feel like a cowboy but you'll have a little sore bottom :)

Are you sayin' I walk funny, Yankee?

At some workforce, some people prefer to stand to work on their tall desks ("standing desk" or sit on exercise ball or sit on "knee" chair. (Donald Rumsfeld used the standing desk)

I use a standing desk for my computer work. I stand a lot but I use the stool if I need to sit.

Standing is better for you than sitting. In fact, if you continue to stand, you burn more calories and your lipids are reduced significantly.

Stand Up While You Read This! - NYTimes.com

Just sitting may shorten your life:

Sitting may shorten lives (Science Alert)

It's because Japan is small country, can afford. US mainland? It's too frickin big and there is no way we could go cross to Alaska or Hawaii. Think again.

We can afford it. I know they are thinking about getting one for state of California and few other states already had a smaller version. Mostly made for city itself rather than getting across state or to other state.

I think high speed train is better for getting from FL to NY for example, rather than from one state to Alaska. So, I don't need to think again, especially when we can see very clear that it will boost the economy of US. Tourists, businesses, new jobs, etc.

I know there's a talk going on in NC about having one going from big town in coast to city in mountain area. I just wish they started this long time ago, otherwise I would have traveled around NC more often.

So it's possible, it's just that US had bad tendency to be behind in some area that can be useful to the public for a while now. We are somewhat behind in transportation and communication in compared to other countries. Of course there's some area that we are advanced in.

We can afford it. I know they are thinking about getting one for state of California and few other states already had a smaller version. Mostly made for city itself rather than getting across state or to other state.

I think high speed train is better for getting from FL to NY for example, rather than from one state to Alaska. So, I don't need to think again, especially when we can see very clear that it will boost the economy of US. Tourists, businesses, new jobs, etc.

I know there's a talk going on in NC about having one going from big town in coast to city in mountain area. I just wish they started this long time ago, otherwise I would have traveled around NC more often.

So it's possible, it's just that US had bad tendency to be behind in some area that can be useful to the public for a while now. We are somewhat behind in transportation and communication in compared to other countries. Of course there's some area that we are advanced in.

FL to NY? I would love that but I wonder who will foot the bill to maintain the railroad.

I love trains.....but I fear that is where the next terrorist threat is. (Already happened elsewhere). I think our skys are fairly safe now.

If we stand up, do we burn more calories while traveling? :lol:

Somehow, I don't see tall people or overweight people using these seats, much less a lot of senior citizens. What about the children who are shuttled back and forth from mom to dad who aren't tall enough?

Back